• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 14 |OT| - A Fraud Probably Injures Himself

vFO3clc.png

How are the dolphins not on here? All their games they have been god awful.

GB has no ass :(

Hmmm I no longer like GB

Did Bruce Arians literally fuck every mom in the world? Why does no one remember they exist? It's not even a disrespect thing, people just literally forget they are a thing.

I'm used to it at this point. I don't think it's a stretch to say we are the most well-rounded team in the league (doesn't inherently mean best) and that's the main reason I like our chances. The #1 scoring offense throughout the season is nice but it's the balance that really gives us a shot. We've won games with our offense and we've closed out other games with our defense. What's crazy is that we aren't close to our true potential, we can never seem to put a full 4 quarters together but if we did, good luck to whoever we're playing. Because we have lulls, that leaves a weak spot for good teams to try and exploit. It's because of these lulls that it's essential to have a great defense. It takes both playing like crap for us to lose (or more specifically having a number of turnovers and penalties) and that's rare as indicated by our record.

As for who I'd be concerned to play, we have to see how the next few weeks shake out because I want to say GB and SEA are the worst case scenarios. GB has been playing lousy but I just don't trust them to stay that way and completely fall apart. It's huge that we're playing in Zona both in the reg season and also most likely the playoffs if we meet there. Same with SEA, we should have home field each time we play and we already beat them in SEA so I'm optimistic but only a fool relishes playing them. I respect the Panthers success but I just don't see Cam doing much against our defense with his lack of weapons and even if he has some success, our offense is more explosive and I trust our O to score more points. They have a good defense so it'd be an interesting game but we already dropped over thirty and 39 in one instance on the top two rated defenses against points and have averaged over thirty per game pretty much all season so it's pretty much proven at this point no defense can stop us. Denver would be an interesting test but the only way we play them is if it's in the SB so not worth discussing.

Steelers-Gaf, I've heard some rumblings regarding getting Todd Haley for HC. Thoughts?

Great Offensive Coordinator, Terrible head coach.

In Pittsburgh there were a few stories floating around on him when he first got the gig about how he extremely pompous, was late for meetings, and got sued by a contractor he allegedly stiffed on a million dollar home. This was all when the Steelers were 0-4 in 2013 so take it with a grain of salt, but there were similar whispers during his Chiefs tenure.

In Pittsburgh there were a few stories floating around on him when he first got the gig about how he extremely pompous, was late for meetings, and got sued by a contractor he allegedly stiffed on a million dollar home. This was all when the Steelers were 0-4 in 2013 so take it with a grain of salt, but there were similar whispers during his Chiefs tenure.

Hmm same it's rare to have OCs jump to another team for same job. Top pick so far would have to be Hue as HC.

Hmm same it's rare to have OCs jump to another team for same job. Top pick so far would have to be Hue as HC.

I think Hue is in the same boat as Haley. Daring, experimental and brash which are all good traits for an OC to have, not so much a Head Coach.

Though perhaps what the Dolphins need most is some personality on the sidelines.

I think Hue is in the same boat as Haley. Daring, experimental and brash which are all good traits for an OC to have, not so much a Head Coach.

Though perhaps what the Dolphins need most is some personality on the sidelines.

It would certainly be different than what we've had, I like Campbell's personality but dude is too raw to be a HC. I would prefer him as an OC but again...it's unlikely to grab someone like that for the same position. I've heard McDaniels which I want no part of, same with Mangini. Payton would be another good get but that seems unlikely.

bionic77

Kind of weird Pats fans have complained more about injuries in 2 weeks than Steelers fans have the entire season.
How is it weird?

We call them bitches for a reason. Because they bitch about everything.

Next you will be surprised when a racist says something crazy about black people or when Gata takes a giant shit on your couch.

Pepiope

Mike Rodak ‏@mikerodak 29m29 minutes ago
LeSean McCoy: "Chip can't shake shit." Says Kelly "can't say shit" to explain what happened.

Chip isn't allowed to shake McCoy's hand :(

Mike SielskiVerified account
‏@MikeSielski
You can shake LeSean McCoy's hand only if you're a 21+ female and you sign a confidentiality agreement. #Eagles #Bills

and...

Mike Rodak
ESPN Staff Writer

Bills LB Preston Brown said Rob Ryan was vocal at Wednesday's practice, saying that it was hard to tell Rob and Rex's voices apart. Brown doesn't know how long Rob will be around the team, but said Rob "wants this win" over Eagles as much as players do.

Rob is helping the Bills beat us, woohoo.

Hawks move into the 5 seed if the Vikes lose to Zona tomorrow and we beat the Ravens Sunday.

Congrats on your fifth seed then. Honestly if you get in the playoffs I want it to be by at least 2 games over whoever just misses getting in because I'll be pissed if that Detroit nonsense gets you in.

Mike Rodak ‏@mikerodak 29m29 minutes ago
LeSean McCoy: "Chip can't shake shit." Says Kelly "can't say shit" to explain what happened.

Chip isn't allowed to shake McCoy's hand :(

Mike SielskiVerified account
‏@MikeSielski
You can shake LeSean McCoy's hand only if you're a 21+ female and you sign a confidentiality agreement. #Eagles #Bills

and...

Mike Rodak
ESPN Staff Writer

Bills LB Preston Brown said Rob Ryan was vocal at Wednesday's practice, saying that it was hard to tell Rob and Rex's voices apart. Brown doesn't know how long Rob will be around the team, but said Rob "wants this win" over Eagles as much as players do.

Rob is helping the Bills beat us, woohoo.

This might be the best tweet ever.

bionic77

I like Haleys system and he can clearly coach up players, I don't ever remember having this many playmakers on a single Pittsburgh offense.

That said 95% of his play calling is on point but he does make some weird ass decisions at time. That is probably true of most creative play callers though. That is the only thing i would say against him. But most of the time his calls are good so I can't really knock him.

I think he would be a good OC on any team that has a good qb (the real thing that determines how much success you can have).

cdyhybrid

Try not to hurt Schoob. Need him healthy so he can play against the Steelers in a few weeks.
That's up to the Ravens' OL, not us!

Unless you mean mentally hurt him with a TAINT - that's up to him!

Congrats on your fifth seed then. Honestly if you get in the playoffs I want it to be by at least 2 games over whoever just misses getting in because I'll be pissed if that Detroit nonsense gets you in.

Any given Sunday, friend. Or Thursday!

That said 95% of his play calling is on point but he does make some weird ass decisions at time.

This is how I feel about Bevell, but with a bit harsher description of that 5%.

I like Haleys system and he can clearly coach up players, I don't ever remember having this many playmakers on a single Pittsburgh offense.

That said 95% of his play calling is on point but he does make some weird ass decisions at time. That is probably true of most creative play callers though. That is the only thing i would say against him. But most of the time his calls are good so I can't really knock him.

I think he would be a good OC on any team that has a good qb (the real thing that determines how much success you can have).

Well no coordinator calls a perfect game so that's good to hear if we go that route.

I think with an OC, or a head coach for that matter, you have to take the good with the bad. None of these guys are perfect,.

I'm more willing to forgive Haley or Tomlin for foibles because they win more often than not. Do both these guys make confusing gameday decisions? Surely. I'd much rather that than have a coach who can't control his players or is in a daily power struggle with his bosses over the direction of the team.

Afternoon everyone.. Welcome back Relly and Shia. You were missed.

Everyone asking who is the best in the draft.. It's Zeke hands down (homerism aside) he can do all three necessities for a back.. Run (between the tackles and to the outside) block (watch Braxton Miller's spin move in the VT game as an excellent example.) and a weapon in the passing game.(which was his weakest part of his game and he has improved on.)

Any given Sunday, friend. Or Thursday!.

Most definitely but it's not fun as a fan to act as though you can lose when your team is playing well ;p Besides, after the embarrassment you gave them we better be able to beat them in our house! Thursday night fuckery tho, can always be nervous about that but they have the same disadvantage there. At least the Vikings are the easiest team to game plan for in the league. Shutdown Peterson and you win.

bionic77

I think with an OC, or a head coach for that matter, you have to take the good with the bad. None of these guys are perfect,.

I'm more willing to forgive Haley or Tomlin for foibles because they win more often than not. Do both these guys make confusing gameday decisions? Surely. I'd much rather that than have a coach who can't control his players or is in a daily power struggle with his bosses over the direction of the team.
I agree with you, but it is very frustrating seeing Tomlin blow a few close games by some horrible decision making. That is often the difference between winning the division or making the playoffs.

I am still trying to figure out what the fuck we were doing on the fake punt. That was the definition of being a dumb bitch. If you are going for the trick then fucking sell it. And if you have the best offense in the league maybe keep those guys on the field if you need 2 yards instead of trying some bitch ass malarky that is not even worthy of being attempted by the Browns!

I like the improvements to the defense and offense over the past 3 years so I have to give Tomlin that. It is probably more important to be able to coach up players and install a system in the grand scheme of things then to know when the fuck to go for it on Sunday.

cdyhybrid

Most definitely but it's not fun as a fan to act as though you can lose when your team is playing well ;p Besides, after the embarrassment you gave them we better be able to beat them in our house! Thursday night fuckery tho, can always be nervous about that but they have the same disadvantage there. At least the Vikings are the easiest team to game plan for in the league. Shutdown Peterson and you win.
There's also this from Twitter:

Minnesota has ruled LB Anthony Barr, FS Harrison Smith, NT Linval Joseph, & SS Andrew Sendejo OUT. #MINvsAZ

There's also this from Twitter:

Minnesota has ruled LB Anthony Barr, FS Harrison Smith, NT Linval Joseph, & SS Andrew Sendejo OUT. #MINvsAZ

Barr out is huge but I'm not familiar with the other players. I just know their defense has been playing well most of the year and I'm sure those are starters so that's good for us. Of course we have a number of injuries ourselves. All about depth! Like I said last year, the only position you can't just 'next man up' is QB. Next man up!

Top Bottom