• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 15 |OT| - A Fraud’s Misses

MechDX

Lions next HC has a tough job. Stafford is locked in there but doesn't seem super-committed to getting better. If he doesn't want to work on his mechanics then what can a coach do? It's like Tannehill and all those HCs and OCs. Why are you letting those guys run things when they haven't accomplished anything?

Why I said when the rumors of Stafford being traded started that he would never fit in with O'Brien

squicken

Damn that was a tough call. I totally agree with Gruden. QB is at fault on these

You have to Jay Gruden them and shit on them mercilessly. At first I thought he was an idiot for doing it but now I see that team was going nowhere fast with Griffin.

Too many Lions fans are like Kas and think Stafford's problems can be fixed with the right coach. Need to put the responsibility on Stafford and if he can't deal cut bait.

Cousins is better than RG3, so it's easier to do that. Stafford is still an okay QB and I doubt they have a backup hanging around that gives them a chance to win

Remember when it was Culpepper and Brees in the Summer of 2006?
Michael-Scott-Closes-The-Door-Awkwardly-On-The-Office.gif

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Lions next HC has a tough job. Stafford is locked in there but doesn't seem super-committed to getting better. If he doesn't want to work on his mechanics then what can a coach do? It's like Tannehill and all those HCs and OCs. Why are you letting those guys run things when they haven't accomplished anything?

You mean Caldwell? Because he'll probably be back next year.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

What? What mechanics does Stafford have to work on?

He has a misfire like any great QB, here and there, but the physical tools and knowledge of the game are all there. Just give him a semblance of a running game, offensive line and some continuity with the coaching staff and whatever team he's on is relevant.

Compare this Matthew Stafford offense we're watching tonight to what the Cowboys and Jets had this past Saturday. Or the Texans and Colts yesterday.

I know I've said this before but Stafford is still only 27 years old. He has plenty of time to learn and get better it just needs to be with the right coaching staff.

Damn that was a tough call. I totally agree with Gruden. QB is at fault on these

Cousins is better than RG3, so it's easier to do that. Stafford is still an okay QB and I doubt they have a backup hanging around that gives them a chance to win

You're saying the Lions are fucked then because unless whoever the new GM comes in and demands competition the Lions will stick with Stafford.

Nothing is more damaging to a team than a mediocre QB with a big contract.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Why did they just let it run to the two-minute warning?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Gruden saying Diggs is jammers brother, Kas is saying cousin. I don't know who to believe!

ALLEN PARK — Quandre Diggs, at 5-foot-9, is smaller than the prototypical NFL cornerback. He's slower, too.

That scared off a lot of teams in this year's NFL draft.

After starting four seasons at Texas, Diggs thought he'd go in the third or fourth round. But he had to wait until the sixth, when the Detroit Lions finally took him with the 200th overall pick.

"I was hot. Real hot," he told MLive.com this week. "Thought I'd go around three or four. But stuff happened."

Diggs is the younger brother of longtime NFL cornerback Quentin Jammer, which means football is in his DNA. He's been around the game all his life. He was hanging out at LaDainian Tomlinson's house when most kids were still playing Pop Warner

*Brother

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2015/12/quandre_diggs_detroit_lions.html

Plinko

Gruden makes absolutely zero sense sometimes.

squicken

Down 15 it's dumb not to go for 2 first. Doesn't matter but going for 1 w/new XP rules is a bad idea

Nothing is more damaging to a team than a mediocre QB with a big contract.

I think there are degrees of this. Alex Smith has a big contract but he works hard and is doing all the things he can to help win. He is a respected teammate

Top Bottom