• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Divisional Round |OT| - A Thread on NeoGAF.com.

Sanjuro

C1se8ChWQAA8Nm2.jpg

C1sbZVCXEAAD4Qn.jpg

Dion Jordan? He’s played his last game for the Dolphins. After being suspended twice for violating both the performance enhancing drug program and the program of substances of abuse (street drugs), Jordan got hurt while on suspension. Who does that? Then he required not one but two knee surgeries.

And now I’m told he’s having “issues” again that effectively will get him cut this offseason. That 26-year-old former No. 3 overall pick isn’t riding to the rescue at defensive end.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...-salguero/article125341179.html#storylink=cpy

squicken

in raida news

JDR hinted at making some staff changes on D but not a complete overhaul. Wade, Pettine and Horton have all been mentioned by beat guys.

It's weird that up until now we have not heard Pettine's name mentioned as a DC anywhere. Banner all but said that Gase was his choice when he was fired two Browns' purges back

Pagusas

Elden Member
I'm trying to decided if dropping $800 for tickets to the Cowboys/Packers game is worth it. Why do these things have to be so insanely priced :(. And that's for upper level!

Tom Penny

The one seeds have only faced each other once in the last 16 years in the SB. Sorry Dallas...oops it was prior to the last few years...I guess it could still happen.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I never post in NFLGAF, so forgive me. Wanted to say something about the boat incident from the perspective of another sport where people get paid insane sums and they're scrutinized every minute of every day.

In Formula 1, Lewis Hamilton makes over $100M a year after endorsements to drive a car for 20 races. The current era there is panned as boring because most of the drivers are corporate spokespeople and programmed to say the most sterile bullshit imaginable. Instead, Hamilton jets around with screw around with global A-listers in his free time. He goofed off during a press conferences and made a kitty emoji out of his mechanic on snapchat instead of actually focusing on the media. He parties in Monaco and broadcasts it all over social media. He's a PR agency's nightmare.

But he wins. The media gasps at him partying in Monaco but he goes and wins the race 2 days later. Every single time he's scrutinized for screwing around on his off days or doing something "inappropriate," he goes and wins. You prove yourself and win and you get to do whatever the hell you want.

I don't think the boat thing was a big deal, at all. They're adults on their day off and their coach didn't care, so why should I? But they didn't back up getting to use their free time for controversial (relative term) entertainment with a win, so they look like morons. Not only did the team lose, but the WR corps looked extra stupid. The boat thing didn't impact the game in any damn way, but it'll get blamed for no good reason. Anyway, you back up your actions you get freedom. Had the boat been after week 10 or something no one would have really cared, but this is the playoffs, so of course they'll get scrutinized when everyone is desperate for a scapegoat.Now THIS would change the situation.

I think most reasonable people don't care about what a bunch of millionaires do on their day off. Taking a day trip to Miami to sit on a boat with their boats on is whatever.

If it actually impacted their regularly scheduled practices or some other routine then yeah, they should get roasted for it

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm trying to decided if dropping $800 for tickets to the Cowboys/Packers game is worth it. Why do these things have to be so insanely priced :(. And that's for upper level!

In the upper level you'll just be watching the giant screen the whole time

Supposedly it's that distracting

Pagusas

Elden Member
In the upper level you'll just be watching the giant screen the whole time

Supposedly it's that distracting

Hmm your probably right. I mean a football game is about the atmosphere and energy when you go to it live, but i think we'd rather put the money into a trip up to Green Bay and tickets to a home game.

Hmm your probably right. I mean a football game is about the atmosphere and energy when you go to it live, but i think we'd rather put the money into a trip up to Green Bay and tickets to a home game.

I was going to go tonight. Kicking myself for not doing it. Even though it was expensive.

Tom Penny

It's not even the NFC championship. I would never even consider paying that.

Top Bottom