• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 11 |OT| - football

BigAT

Cook something too. Doesn't have to be a fifteen course meal that takes a week to prepare, but it's Turkey Day! Eat, drink, and watch football.

Also Auntie Anne's has my sword. Those parmesan cheese pretzels mmmmm

Ask Spin for some recipes.

Gigglepoo

Why is Mcdonalds for Illinois?

Good question:

"The business began in 1940, with a restaurant opened by brothers Richard and Maurice McDonald at 1398 North E Street at West 14th Street in San Bernardino, California"

"The present corporation dates its founding to the opening of a franchised restaurant by businessman Ray Kroc in Des Plaines, Illinois on April 15, 1955, the ninth McDonald's restaurant overall"

I guess it wasn't considered McDonald's until 15 years after it started?

Good question:

"The business began in 1940, with a restaurant opened by brothers Richard and Maurice McDonald at 1398 North E Street at West 14th Street in San Bernardino, California"

"The present corporation dates its founding to the opening of a franchised restaurant by businessman Ray Kroc in Des Plaines, Illinois on April 15, 1955, the ninth McDonald's restaurant overall"

I guess it wasn't considered McDonald's until 15 years after it started?

It was incorporated in Illinois, which is probably why it's there.

CxZSc8EW8AAS72O.jpg

CxZSbrRW8AEIHCW.jpg

Proud to be on the best coast.

Farooq

Banned
I know right?

Maybe once you get a QB that brings relevancy to the Texans for a decade you might understand. Romo was a miracle, undrafted QBs rarely pan out. Romo was a gift from the football gods, and he selflessly took one for the team while bearing his emotions.

If you can't appreciate some of the shit he shared, that's cool. But we were given a rare glimpse into the psyche of a great QB going through a difficult situation.

"Seasons are fleeting. Games become more precious. Chances for success diminish," Romo said. "Your potential successor has arrived. Injured two years in a row now in your mid-30s. The press is whispering. Everyone has doubts. You spent your career working to get here. Now, we have to start all over.

"You almost feel like an outsider. Coaches are sympathetic but they still have to coach and you're not there.

"It's a dark place, probably the darkest it's ever been."

That is some real shit.

jmdajr

Maybe once you get a QB that brings relevancy to the Texans for a decade you might understand. Romo was a miracle, undrafted QBs rarely pan out. Romo was a gift from the football gods, and he selflessly took one for the team while bearing his emotions.

If you can't even appreciate some of the shit he shared, that's cool. But we were given a rare glimpse into the psyche of a great QB going through a difficult situation.

But Dak could get hurt tomorrow? He hasn't left the team or retired.

Well at least you will get plenty of more videos in the future!

edit: Can't wait for the celebration videos when Brock is benched!

Fox318

Proud to be on the best coast.
I've always hated shot like this.

We live in one America yet we have two parties that try to drive a wedge between them.

Hell even the football game I went to. Diverse as fuck and everyone was having a good time with the tailgate and other shit regardless on who they voted for.

MechDX

If you can't even appreciate some of the shit he shared, that's cool. But we were given a rare glimpse into the psyche of a great QB going through a difficult situation.

That is some real shit.

Texans fans didn't cry like this when Andre Johnson was cut or Arian Foster for that matter. Hell Romo hasn't been cut and is still on the damn team!

It's just that people are acting like he is dying or something.

I shall watch Con Air on and endless loop when that day comes

Get some turkey legs or a small breast
Inject it with this:
http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/07/19/98/50/0007199850000_300X300.jpg[IMG]
Rub the outside with this:
[IMG]http://c745.r45.cf2.rackcdn.com/img/2009/tonys_21.jpg[IMG]
Deep fry for about 20 minutes in a fryer
????
Nirvana[/QUOTE]

Injectible butter is the most American thing ever.

Me and Bae made the best turkey last year with bacon and mustard stuffed between the meat and the skin.

I miss Bae :(

Farooq

Banned

The team made an organizational decision to transition from Romo. So yes, Romo could come in and replace an injured Dak, but the Cowboys don't anticipate him playing another meaningful snap. His era with the Cowboys is essentially over.

Texans fans didn't cry like this when Andre Johnson was cut or Arian Foster for that matter. Hell Romo hasn't been cut and is still on the damn team!

It's different for QBs, ask Giants GAF how they would feel if something similar happened to Eli or Steelers-GAF how they would feel about Ben (sorry for singling Giants and Steelers GAF out, just trying to make a point). Franchise QBs have their own periods, and when it is gone you feel a little grief.

I was devastated when Marino went down with his injury (even though he came back) and when he had his final game (After that ass kicking you knew it was over)

Only other players I can say I cared a lot about leaving the team was JT and Zach (and eventually Wake)

‏@schadjoe 2m2 minutes ago
Branden Albert is out vs. Rams. Great opportunity for Laremy Tunsil. #Dolphins

‏@SiClancy now1 minute ago
Simon Clancy Retweeted Adam Beasley
Tunsil to left tackle. Which means Kraig Urbik against Aaron Donald.

Welp the dream lasted 4 games....it was a nice 4 games at least.

The team made an organizational decision to transition from Romo. So yes, Romo could come in and replace an injured Dak, but the Cowboys don't anticipate him playing another meaningful snap. His era with the Cowboys is essentially over.

It's different for QBs, ask Giants GAF how they would feel if something similar happened to Eli or Steelers-GAF how they would feel about Ben (sorry for singling Giants and Steelers GAF out, just trying to make a point). Franchise QBs have their own periods, and when it is gone you feel a little grief.

I think it would sting less for Giants/Steelers fans in that both Eli and Ben have been to the promise land twice. They have their rings, their legacies are for the most part cemented and the quest now is to get that third ring and call it a career. For Eli, that third ring equates sure fire entry into the Hall of Fame while at the moment he would be considered borderline. So while I agree the grief would be there (and it's going to suck when Eli does hang it up) it would be lesser than if neither had accomplished what they had.

For Tony, I legit feel for him. This is the best offense Dallas has fielded in a decade and he can't reap the rewards of the team that's been built around him. Primarily due to injury but also due to the young QB playing in front of him. I hope he wins a Super Bowl in the future. I really do. Just not with the Cowboys.;)

I will say as an aside, while I absolutely understand your feelings I would be ecstatic if the Giants were in a position where a fourth round draft pick became the future of the franchise while still having a tried and true franchise veteran on the roster. That type of "passing the gauntlet" is rare and you should be happy about that.

Sephzilla

So is Clay "Literally Made of Glass" Matthews going to finally play again this weekend? I'm starting to think Green Bay should consider trading him while he still has worth, because his injury history troubles me.

Hunter S.

Does anybody know if Slay is on the Internet other than twatter? We need Broncos talk again. We need Patriots versus Broncos gaf fights again. Not just friendly banter I do with cheater mongers.

kmfdmpig

NO @ CAR

BUF @ CIN
PIT @ CLE
BAL @ DAL
JAX @ DET
TEN @ IND
TB @ KC
ARI @ MIN
CHI @ NYG

MIA @ LA
PHI @ SEA
NE @ SF

GB @ WAS

HOU @ OAK

Hunter S.

The amount of land in Trump's America is ridiculous if you also factor in that Clinton won the popular vote. So pretty much majority of Americans live in the big cities and all that land is filled with empty shit.
As a man who has been through much of the American West, I can confirm what you say as a truth. Some beautiful wilderness with a lot of guns and poverty. More cows than people.

cashman

Banned

They didn't even cry when the Oilers left town. Houston is just not a football town, so you're not making a fair comparison.

bionic77

I'd trade Ben for Dak in a heartbeat.
That only makes sense if that offensive line comes with it. Dak was good but he did not really blow me away.

Ben was amazing in that game. How many qb's could make that last TD to Brown?

I mean we let them score a fucking TD with 40 seconds left in the game. Incredibly bad for the defense. Cam is out so I have no idea what we do.

Everyone can run on us. Not sure if we can even beat the Browns.

Top Bottom