• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 11 |OT| - football

bionic77

I've always hated shot like this.

We live in one America yet we have two parties that try to drive a wedge between them.

Hell even the football game I went to. Diverse as fuck and everyone was having a good time with the tailgate and other shit regardless on who they voted for.
I always believed stuff like this until we as a country elected a demagogue to power.

Now I think we might be fucked and our best days behind us.

If Switch is not the number console by June then you better start building that bunker. It's our last hope for this planet.

MechDX

They didn't even cry when the Oilers left town. Houston is just not a football town, so you're not making a fair comparison.

That's just a dumb comment. Plain dumb.

The city cared and did everything to keep the oilers here until Bud Adams blackmailed the city and used the Rockets ( without their consent) as leverage to get a new stadium. 14 straight years of Texans sell outs, including 10 straight years of terrible teams, just discredits your obvious troll.

If anything the city of Dallas gives no fucks about football. Explain how every home cowboys game is mostly visiting fans.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
That only makes sense if that offensive line comes with it. Dak was good but he did not really blow me away.

Ben was amazing in that game. How many qb's could make that last TD to Brown?

I mean we let them score a fucking TD with 40 seconds left in the game. Incredibly bad for the defense. Cam is out so I have no idea what we do.

Everyone can run on us. Not sure if we can even beat the Browns.

You use the $25M you're saving to sign a pass rusher and a safety and a backup defensive tackle and Le'Veon Bell.

Ben is directly responsible for most of the Steelers losses this year. He can't play football on the road anymore for whatever reason. I look forward to our Browns ass whipping.

bionic77

You use the $25M you're saving to sign a pass rusher and a safety and a backup defensive tackle and Le'Veon Bell.

Ben is directly responsible for most of the Steelers losses this year. He can't play football on the road anymore for whatever reason. I look forward to our Browns ass whipping.
Directly responsible? We only lost 2 games with him healthy.

As bad as he played in Baltimore for that first 50 minutes we literally gave that game away on special teams and via mistakes.

Ben is old so I am ok upgrading but it's hard to find qb's...

Generate

Banned
I've always hated shot like this.

We live in one America yet we have two parties that try to drive a wedge between them.

Hell even the football game I went to. Diverse as fuck and everyone was having a good time with the tailgate and other shit regardless on who they voted for.

Real talk though, that Clinton map of america would starve to death with the plains flooded and they surely better have an alternative source of power.

bionic77

That shot of Clintons map is just basically a separation of the winners and losers of capitalism.

Cities and smart people have benefited greatly from the global economy. Anyone older than 30 can see how every major city in the US has been revived since the 90s.

Sanjuro

I'm excited for our future now.

gs7rLpP.gif

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Directly responsible? We only lost 2 games with him healthy.

As bad as he played in Baltimore for that first 50 minutes we literally gave that game away on special teams and via mistakes.

Ben is old so I am ok upgrading but it's hard to find qb's...
Yes, directly. The team identity is predicated on the offense being dominant and that's impossible when the qb plays like shit. Don't forget that Baltimore dropped 3 sure interceptions, either.

I'll look up the home/away stats for Ben when I get home. It's ridiculous.

gutshot

I actually think the Eagles have a chance against Seattle. Their DL should be able to dominate and pressure Russell all day. He's been better of late, but still seems hampered by his nagging injuries.

I also expect a bit of a letdown for Seattle after last week's big win. And so far this year, the Eagles seem to play best against the elite teams and struggle against the middling ones.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
That's just a dumb comment. Plain dumb.

The city cared and did everything to keep the oilers here until Bud Adams blackmailed the city and used the Rockets ( without their consent) as leverage to get a new stadium. 14 straight years of Texans sell outs, including 10 straight years of terrible teams, just discredits your obvious troll.

If anything the city of Dallas gives no fucks about football. Explain how every home cowboys game is mostly visiting fans.

I've lived in Houston and I've lived in Irving. You guys know that I've constantly travelled all over Texas for work on a regular basis as a state auditor/regulator.

There just aren't very many Cowboy fans in Dallas proper (or in Irving for that matter). I think there's more in Fort Worth to be honest but I'm not sure if that's because because racially there's a lot more regular white people in Fort Worth whereas Irving has a lot of immigrants who aren't as invested in the NFL. Dallas proper is a mixed bag since it's mostly impoverished areas and then the ultra wealthy park areas on the north side...then you hit Richardson and Addison pretty quickly going north. DFW is just a weird mixed bag of cities altogether...can't think of another region that's like it.

Go out to North Texas and East Texas and it's just Cowboy country as far as the eye can see.

Houston proper has a huge fanbase for the Texans. You can't get a seat in the house when you go out in Midtown to watch the game. Even the Buffalo Wild Wings way out in Conroe (half way to Dallas seemingly) was a packed house on gameday.

Leave the Houston area and all that support falls off a fucking cliff and you're back in Cowboys land. It's horrible.

MechDX

I've lived in Houston and I've lived in Irving. You guys know that I've constantly travelled all over Texas for work on a regular basis as a state auditor/regulator.

There just aren't very many Cowboy fans in Dallas proper (or in Irving for that matter). I think there's more in Fort Worth to be honest but I'm not sure if that's because because racially there's a lot more regular white people in Fort Worth whereas Irving has a lot of immigrants who aren't as invested in the NFL. Dallas proper is a mixed bag since it's mostly impoverished areas and then the ultra wealthy park areas on the north side...then you hit Richardson and Addison pretty quickly going north. DFW is just a weird mixed bag of cities altogether...can't think of another region that's like it.

Go out to North Texas and East Texas and it's just Cowboy country as far as the eye can see.

Houston proper has a huge fanbase for the Texans. You can't get a seat in the house when you go out in Midtown to watch the game. Even the Buffalo Wild Wings way out in Conroe (half way to Dallas seemingly) was a packed house on gameday.

Leave the Houston area and all that support falls off a fucking cliff and you're back in Cowboys land. It's horrible.

Cowboys/Lakers/Yankees "I only support winners" 90's mentality

Not arguing the outside of the Houston metro area (large area) is the border but the team is making strides, especially in the valley and southern Texas

If only they wouldn't have chosen the stupid "Texans" name. Rough Riders, Challengers (after the former shuttle) or Toros would have been better

jmdajr

Cowboys/Lakers/Yankees "I only support winners" 90's mentality

Not arguing the outside of the Houston metro area (large area) is the border but the team is making strides, especially in the valley and southern Texas

If only they wouldn't have chosen the stupid "Texans" name. Rough Riders, Challengers (after the former shuttle) or Toros would have been better

I have seen Texans billboards in San Antonio. Probably a lost cause but they are trying.

squicken

I actually think the Eagles have a chance against Seattle. Their DL should be able to dominate and pressure Russell all day. He's been better of late, but still seems hampered by his nagging injuries.

I also expect a bit of a letdown for Seattle after last week's big win. And so far this year, the Eagles seem to play best against the elite teams and struggle against the middling ones.

Only hope is to run the ball. If Wentz has to throw it 30 times it will be bad for Philly. SEA always starts slow and then gets better. It's why those bs ref wins early in the year were so important. Only way to beat them in the postseason is on the road

Pepiope

Only hope is to run the ball. If Wentz has to throw it 30 times it will be bad for Philly. SEA always starts slow and then gets better. It's why those bs ref wins early in the year were so important. Only way to beat them in the postseason is on the road
It all comes down to Russell.

I expect SEA to hold our offense in check. We have like no one that scares them.

It all depends if Russell doesn't suck, cause our DBs are weak.

Spinluck

I always believed stuff like this until we as a country elected a demagogue to power.

Now I think we might be fucked and our best days behind us.

If Switch is not the number console by June then you better start building that bunker. It's our last hope for this planet.

Who would've guessed that it'd be up to Nintendo to save America in 2017 during a Trump presidency? Life is strange indeed. #fucktrump

Hindl

Yeah, they're missing Michael Bennett, which is good, but Mathews is just too hot and cold this season. Hopefully last game was a sign the OL was starting to gel, but it was against a pretty weak Falcons run D. We'll see. I'd be shocked if the Eagles score more than 1 TD, but hopefully the D can stop Russell enough and Wentz can get us in FG range enough times to pull out a W. Still, going into Seattle in November, things don't usually end up ok

bionic77

I'm sure this isn't politically motivated. Just an expression of deep-seated, personal friendship.
I can't even laugh at this.

I already hated the Pats even without them supporting Trump.

This is probably causing issues with the fanbase, most of whom are Dems.

Pats fans vote with your dollars. Boycotts Brady and the Pats in general and make your displeasure known. I certainly would if it were my team.

Bread

Banned
Bruhs, get over it already. He's the president. I'm just as disappointed in anyone else that someone I admire supported Trump, but there's really nothing left to say.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Is there any owner or ownership family that we can confidently say didnt support trump besides the rooneys?

Maybe Shad?

‏@AdamHBeasley 1m1 minute ago
Hearing that Branden Albert's injury is likely more than a one-week deal. We'll ask Gase about it in an hour or so.

So when does the off-season thread go up? Can Browns-gaf and I get it started early?

bionic77

Why is Nintendo making it hard for me to give them money?
Must be something wrong with you.

No one else is having this problem.

Bruhs, get over it already. He's the president. I'm just as disappointed in anyone else that someone I admire supported Trump, but there's really nothing left to say.
What the fuck is this?

Just because he won an election doesn't mean we have to stand aside and let them do whatever they want.

When Obama won the Repubs sole goal was to make him fail to get the WH back. They never stopped attacking. And Obama's agenda was to improve the economy, end the wars and give everyone health insurance. If these stupid fucks could not support Obama for that you think we have to just take whatever the Trumps come up with?

Now is the time to organize and make his life hell on anything that is bullshit. Not even the Browns ever gave up.

Top Bottom