• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

jbug617

Banned
C9uA5KxWAAAGpAe.jpg
They are opening a beer garden this summer. Trillium is running it
http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyl...tml?s_campaign=bostonglobe:socialflow:twitter

The Greenway Conservancy has tapped Massachusetts brewery Trillium to operate the open-air space, slated to open this summer. The beer garden will occupy the geographic center of the 1.5-mile park, giving drinkers views of Boston Harbor through the Rowes Wharf arch.

Open in late June. Runs 3-5 days a week and open till October.

Beefy

@FieldYates

Source: Patriots CB Malcolm Butler has signed his restricted free agent tender. A trade is still on the table.

Hindl

Unless you're expecting teams to be clairvoyant and see the future, you can't really criticize them for taking the QBs that they did.

It's like bitching about a 4th and 1 play or really any football play that didn't turn out how you wanted it to. The question is really whether or not you agree with the decision given the facts at hand and not the outcome.

I'm not criticizing a team for taking a QB if they choose to, I'm just arguing with the idea that if you don't have a franchise QB, that's who you should target in round 1. I understand the desire for it, but in round 1 I want a difference maker. I just think that you shouldn't reach on a QB in round 1 if they aren't the best player available. There are teams that are just one QB away from winning it all, but I disagree that they should keep drafting QBs in the 1st until they hit. They could be passing up legitimate talent for what could be a mediocre signal caller. And even further, if you take that blue chip talent instead of the project QB, when you do roll the dice on a QB, they'll be in a much better position to succeed. Look at all of the offensive talent Dak had around him and how easy that made his rookie season. And to push that point even further, Zach Martin just signed his 5th year option, and is one of the best guards in the league. He certainly made Dak's life easier. When Zach Martin was drafted, people knew the Cowboys were between him and Manziel. Now obviously that's slightly different since they already had Romo in place, but instead of reaching for the QB with obvious issues, they stuck to their guns and drafted a premier OL talent. If they went with Manziel, he'd still most likely be out of the league and Dak would be starting, but he wouldn't have that elite guard helping him out. A QB isn't always the right choice

He is no TJ Yates thats for sure

Not everyone can be a Bengals killer

MechDX

Roberto Abramowitz‏Verified account
@RobAbramowitz
@Patriots vs @RAIDERS en el Azteca ya tiene fecha.
#NFLMexico
#NFL
Pats at Raiders November 19th in Mexico. Hope Brady is ready for some freaking laser beams

MechDX

Top 17 games of the 2017 NFL season: Must-see matchups

9) Houston Texans at Seattle Seahawks

With a premier quarterback, the Texans not only would be a contender, but it would make this Houston-Seattle matchup one of the very best games. Even without Tony Romo under center for Houston, though, this showdown offers plenty of intrigue. These two defenses should provide a fantastic game, especially with J.J. Watt and Earl Thomas healthy. Those are two of the best in the game at their respective positions. Moreover, how about last year's top-ranked defense versus the only unit in the modern era to lead the league in point allowed for four straight years (only snapping that streak this past season)? That's precisely why Texans at Seahawks is listed, because this should be one of the most physical matchups of the year.

#Blessed
Ill be so conflicted!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Not a single Lions game? Fuck off, seriously.

The most exciting team in the NFL, with playmakers on both sides of the ball, and you're going to tell me a game with the Kansas City Chiefs or Houston Texans is more exciting than the Matthew Stafford led Lions?

I like it when we're the underdog anyway. By Week 9 the national media will be on board.

Tom Penny

Ty Malcolm

Now stay forever

More likely he's traded and we end up with two Mcourty's. I'm not sure how all this shit works anyway. Say the Saints give Butler and offer and offer the 32nd pick. Bill says no we want a better pick..what happens if they don't agree on compensation?

SuperBowl LII: 49ers 31 Patriots 17

Shanahan gets revenge on Belichick, Brady loses to his favorite team growing up is too crushed emotionally to continue playing football and retires; and Gronk gets frostbite is inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.

Bread

Banned
More likely he's traded and we end up with two Mcourty's. I'm not sure how all this shit works anyway. Say the Saints give Butler and offer and offer the 32nd pick. Bill says no we want a better pick..what happens if they don't agree on compensation?
If they didn't agree on a trade and the Pats didn't match the offer sheet I'm pretty sure they would have to give up the higher 1st but I should note that is just what I've been reading and I haven't seen any rule that supports it.

JABEE

Bread is right. Where are my antics? Bake a cake and write "Fuck You" on it or something.

I had some random Pats fan who looked like Moby post a picture of himself giving me the finger while driving his car and posting on GAF. This is the the real hate that fuels things around here.

Bread sent you a pic?

bionic77

Do nothing vacations are the best.

One would think being on vacation all the time would be amazing but most of you all are bum ass bums here and none of you seem to be too happy so maybe no one is happy for very long.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm not criticizing a team for taking a QB if they choose to, I'm just arguing with the idea that if you don't have a franchise QB, that's who you should target in round 1. I understand the desire for it, but in round 1 I want a difference maker. I just think that you shouldn't reach on a QB in round 1 if they aren't the best player available. There are teams that are just one QB away from winning it all, but I disagree that they should keep drafting QBs in the 1st until they hit. They could be passing up legitimate talent for what could be a mediocre signal caller. And even further, if you take that blue chip talent instead of the project QB, when you do roll the dice on a QB, they'll be in a much better position to succeed. Look at all of the offensive talent Dak had around him and how easy that made his rookie season. And to push that point even further, Zach Martin just signed his 5th year option, and is one of the best guards in the league. He certainly made Dak's life easier. When Zach Martin was drafted, people knew the Cowboys were between him and Manziel. Now obviously that's slightly different since they already had Romo in place, but instead of reaching for the QB with obvious issues, they stuck to their guns and drafted a premier OL talent. If they went with Manziel, he'd still most likely be out of the league and Dak would be starting, but he wouldn't have that elite guard helping him out. A QB isn't always the right choice

Not everyone can be a Bengals killer

I can kinda see where you're coming from.

I think where we'll have to agree to disagree is that a mostly complete team like Houston (or Denver when they took Lynch) should absolutely be reaching for a quarterback more than other teams that maybe aren't as complete. Like nobody is looking at Cleveland (or frankly Buffalo when they took EJ Manuel) and thinking they're a quarterback away from competing. So I agree there that the smart and ideal thing would be to build the core unless there's a guy in the draft that looks amazing.

The thing is that all Houston needs is mediocre quarterback play to compete. I don't remember where Denver is at these days but if their defense resembles what it did a few years ago, then they also only need mediocre.

The problem is that quarterbacks are overvalued (and I get that's partially your point and that it shouldn't be that way). But the reality is that most GMs in the league will take an above average QB over an elite player of any other position if there's a serious QB need. Plus young new quarterbacks envigorate the franchise, put asses in the seats, and sell merchandise - so Jerry Jones saw a lot of dollar signs looking at Manziel also.

What really doesn't help things is when the scouts and pundits get some quarterbacks all wrong. That's how you end up with the Dak Prescotts and Russell Wilsons. So GMs get buyers remorse thinking they could have had them and are probably more apt to reach for a QB in the future.

Sanjuro

Do nothing vacations are the best.

One would think being on vacation all the time would be amazing but most of you all are bum ass bums here and none of you seem to be too happy so maybe no one is happy for very long.

Those are my New Hampshire vacations.

Tall4Life

not only are those first four asterisks fraudulent, but you still have not come up with a legitimate explanation for the fifth one🤔

Top Bottom