• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Andre Johnson going to sign a one day contract with Houston today and retire a Texan! Lets remember Dre for all the good he did in this game:
andre-johnson-fight-o.gif

Welcome back AJ!

MechDX

I still have a print out of this in my office, next to his figurine.
andre-johnson-punch-10e6efda597abe20.jpg

I remember watching it live and all those years of Innegan being a fucking douchebag finally built up and Dre had enough. The standing ovation he got at NRG when he was ejected was great! Innegan is still salty about it after all these years

Trejos boys
Cb8DSP0.jpg

I am really surprised he killed himself after being found not guilty. People were making it sound like he actually had a sliver of Hope of getting out one day now, plus like someone else mentioned his daughter come to court for the first time and for the sound of it it was a very emotional moment for him.
I'm guessing he knew that deep down he was cooked on Odin Lloyd's murder because the cops didn't make any mistake may be one reason?

Although Hernandez's agent said he was murdered..
Are you Aaron's agent Bread? /s

Pence being president is just as scary.

Less threat of thermonuclear holocaust, more threat of, you know, congress working together with him to turn the country into an even bigger shithole of fear and intolerance. Bills would just land on the desk and be signed right away, wouldn't need executive orders.
True, but I would say that it's a good chance he would be easier to beat in reelection compared to Donnie. He is popular in Indiana and would have lost the governorship if Manafort and company didn't make Donnie pick him (man he landed in shit and came up smelling like roses too).. he doesn't scratch that racist itch compared to Donnie.

jmdajr

I remember watching it live and all those years of Innegan being a fucking douchebag finally built up and Dre had enough. The standing ovation he got at NRG when he was ejected was great! Innegan is still salty about it after all these years

I went to that game. It was nuts.

Hindl

True, but I would say that it's a good chance he would be easier to beat in reelection compared to Donnie. He is popular in Indiana and would have lost the governorship if Manafort and company didn't make Donnie pick him (man he landed in shit and came up smelling like roses too).. he doesn't scratch that racist itch compared to Donnie.

I dunno about that. The racists are good for about 30-35% of the vote, but that's not enough. Most of that last 10-15% is because Hillary was a uniquely flawed candidate, and most people looked at both and just shrugged. But not even 100 days into his presidency, he's proven to be more incompetent than even the worst assumption and is either pissing off his base or making those fence-sitters regret going with him. People are already getting tired of his schtick, and that's with everything pretty much running on auto-pilot. Wait till shit goes down. Hell, they'll have 4 days starting next week to avoid a government shutdown, and they can't blame Democrats since they control all aspects of government. Or wait till the economy starts going down, or he has to deal with an international crisis. I'm not foolish enough to believe he'll get beaten by like 20 points, but he's got a tough battle winning reelection. Everything he ran on, being an outsider, being independent, all that stuff goes out the window once he has an actual resume to hold him to. Pence would be able to run the government moderately well

So if you punch one female in the face you are draftable but more than that, no?

He should never have been on a single draft board when this entire process started

Of course he was already undraftable to anybody in their right mind, but for some reason there was still talk of teams interested in him in the later rounds. Let's just hope that this puts that to rest for good and that everybody can stop discussing the possibility even.

Eagles won't draft him.

Eskin says he's already heard he's off the Eagles board.

This development shows a pattern of violence against women. I think that changes things a lot. I really wonder if this dude has even done any sort of counseling or rehabilitation programs, or if he thinks he's just going to skate by.

Hindl

Eagles GAF any idea what Philly wants for LB Kendricks?

Probably whatever they can get. He's fallen out of favor with Schwartz and only played like 27% of snaps. He's just not a fit for the 4-3, he's good at blitzing and Schwartz doesn't do that all that much. A 5th-6th rounder would probably be enough. I'm expecting he and Kelce might be traded on draft day

MechDX

Probably whatever they can get. He's fallen out of favor with Schwartz and only played like 27% of snaps. He's just not a fit for the 4-3, he's good at blitzing and Schwartz doesn't do that all that much. A 5th-6th rounder would probably be enough. I'm expecting he and Kelce might be traded on draft day

He is shitty in coverage eh? Nevermmind

Hindl

He is shitty in coverage eh? Nevermmind

See the Lions game from this year. That was the first game after Bradham was arrested, so Schwartz was punishing him by sitting him for the 1st half and putting Kendricks in. Kendricks had responsibilities on Theo Riddick and Stafford and Riddick go off for 21 points in the 1st half, with Riddick getting 2 TDs. Then in the 2nd half Schwartz wises up and puts in Bradham, and aside from a Ryan Mathews fumble in the Eagles territory setting up a FG, the defense completely shuts down the Lions offense with no points

MechDX

Conor Orr‏Verified account
@ConorOrr

Sashi said he looks forward to Brock Osweiler competing for the starting job. A bit of a pivot from earlier comments.

LeBrock. Prosperity. The Cleve!

0gVUTrc.jpg

MechDX

Damon Kecman‏Verified account
@DownWithDamon

Follow
More
#Browns VP Sashi Brown shying away from Jimmy Garoppolo rumors. "We don't have the Patriots on speedial, but Mary Kay does"

Why is Sashi trying to trigger kave?

Man we could get Osweiler vs. Savage this year!! #GetHyped

jmdajr

Under a long-standing Massachusetts legal principal, courts customarily vacate the convictions of defendants who die before their appeals are heard

Ok I see now. It makes sense to my brain. By killing himself, the conviction is thrown out and the family can get the money.

So it probably wasn't a, "I can't take this prison life no more."

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Under a long-standing Massachusetts legal principal, courts customarily vacate the convictions of defendants who die before their appeals are heard

Ok I see now. It makes sense to my brain. By killing himself, the conviction is thrown out and the family can get the money.

So it probably wasn't a, "I can't take this prison life no more."

If money is involved, it's not a giant leap to start putting on a conspiracy hat considering the individuals he was running around with.

Bruce Arians is really low.

Should go:

The Cheat
Arians
Sean Payton
Pete Carroll
Mike McCarthy
Andy Reid

Top 5 in the league are Belichick, McCarthy, Tomlin, Carroll and Arians (Yes, in that order). Everyone else is a pretender. Payton is constantly overrated on these lists - Saints haven't done shit in years. Reid is too much of a perrenial bridesmaid to be top 5.

MechDX

Who was it that said that their Hall of Fame argument for him would be to walk in and list all the Texans quarterbacks he had to play with and then walk out?

I said he should walk into the voters room for the HoF, hold up a Texans #8 jersey (Schaub and Carr), drop it and walk out

Texans PR‏Verified account @TexansPR 31s32 seconds ago
More
No player in @NFL history has more career games with 10+ receptions & 100+ yards receiving than WR Andre Johnson's 21.

#ThankYouAndre

Texans PR‏Verified account @TexansPR 16m16 minutes ago
More
WR Andre Johnson is 1 of 3 players in modern @NFL history to lead the league in receiving in back-to-back years ('08 & '09).

#ThankYouAndre

Texans PR‏Verified account @TexansPR 31m31 minutes ago
More
WR Andre Johnson's 1,062 receptions and 14,185 receiving yards each rank as the 11th-highest career totals in @NFL history.

#ThankYouAndre

Texans PR‏Verified account @TexansPR 47m47 minutes ago
More
WR Andre Johnson set multiple single-season @HoustonTexans records, including:

Rec. (115 in 2008)
Rec. yds (1,598 in 2012)

WR Andre Johnson is the @HoustonTexans all-time leader in:

Rec. (1,012)
Rec. yds (13,597)
Rec. TDs (64)
100-yd games (51)

#ThankYouAndre

He IS going into the HoF. Andre carried Texans fans for 8 long years. He was all we had

MechDX

Andre isnt actually retiring today. he is going to come out and say "While I am ready to retire I have one more season in me. Im ready for our last ride Houston!'

Savage walks in and
8icGan.gif

Top Bottom