• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

BigAT

Details:

C9xTWrDXcAARYJ0.jpg

Striker

There's a feel of misfortune on some sports radio. I'm thinking, if you feel sorrow or disappointment at anybody, feel for the families he ruined and took away from. Fuck that guy.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
There's a feel of misfortune on some sports radio. I'm thinking, if you feel sorrow or disappointment at anybody, feel for the families he ruined and took away from. Fuck that guy.

I don't think anybody feels for Aaron himself. Just how the whole tragedy unfolded and how we got front row seats to the entire thing.

The fact of the matter is tragedy is happening all over the world at any given moment, but athletes/celebrities live their lives in public,both good and bad.

bionic77

Holy fuck just saw this pop up on my phone. Can't say I feel sorry for him, his family sure but not him.
You can still feel sad for him.

He not only wasted his life but the lives of several other people.

Too often in the US of A we are just focused on vengeance.

I am ok with showing compassing even to someone like Hernandez. Thats something we need a lot more of. Including myself (though damn its hard to show compassion towards Trumps and Pats, at least for me).

beta_fuse

I am ok with showing compassing even to someone like Hernandez. Thats something we need a lot more of. Including myself (though damn its hard to show compassion towards Trumps and Pats, at least for me).

I don't know, with that logic we should be feel bad for all killers.

I think he got what he deserved in a life sentence and offing himself like that was just an easy way out. Guys who live a life of crime and killing should get no sympathy from anyone. Imagine if he had murdered someone in your family, would you still feel compassion? Not trying to attack your beliefs or anything I'm just genuinely surprised at how many people seem to feel bad for him.

jmdajr

If Trump died tomorrow of a heart attack, would you be sad?

bionic77

I don't know, with that logic we should be feel bad for all killers.

I think he got what he deserved in a life sentence and offing himself like that was just an easy way out. Guys who live a life of crime and killing should get no sympathy from anyone. Imagine if he had murdered someone in your family, would you still feel compassion? Not trying to attack your beliefs or anything I'm just genuinely surprised at how many people seem to feel bad for him.
I don't feel bad for him personally. I agree with what you said. He murdered someone and got a life sentence as he should have.

But compassion is not a bad thing. We are very not compassionate in general. This guy was not born a killer. At some point the people in his life and the system failed him.

I am sad that we don't focus on issues like this and try to prevent future murders from happening. Instead we just invest more in police and prisons and the military.

But I am bleeding heart liberal so what do I know.

Spinluck

The guy was human garbage, but there is always something stomach turning about suicide.

Tragic story no matter how you look at.

I am really surprised he killed himself after being found not guilty. People were making it sound like he actually had a sliver of Hope of getting out one day now, plus like someone else mentioned his daughter come to court for the first time and for the sound of it it was a very emotional moment for him.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pence being president is just as scary.

Less threat of thermonuclear holocaust, more threat of, you know, congress working together with him to turn the country into an even bigger shithole of fear and intolerance. Bills would just land on the desk and be signed right away, wouldn't need executive orders.

effzee

I am really surprised he killed himself after being found not guilty. People were making it sound like he actually had a sliver of Hope of getting out one day now, plus like someone else mentioned his daughter come to court for the first time and for the sound of it it was a very emotional moment for him.

Wasn't he serving a life sentence anyway?

Eagles legend Chris Long won't be attending

Sign this man to a lifetime contract!

bionic77

Less threat of thermonuclear holocaust, more threat of, you know, congress working together with him to turn the country into an even bigger shithole of fear and intolerance. Bills would just land on the desk and be signed right away, wouldn't need executive orders.
Nothing you said is wrong.

But on the whole I would rather go back to the days of dog whistles instead of just straight up KKK.

Hindl

I dunno, Pence would be more effective, but I really don't think many bills will get passed. The HFC knows that they can basically stonewall anything and there's nothing the rest of the GOP can do about it. Trump isn't the reason the AHCA didn't pass, it didn't even make it out of the House.

jmdajr

Yes. Because he died before the conclusion of his appeal, the original conviction will vacate.

Seems odd. I don't think a charge can be removed until it's official no? It didn't go through the full appeal process.

Where is Felony Trial Lawyer Gaf?

Beefy

From schefter

Super-Bowl hero James White and Patriots reached agreement on 3-year extension, tying him to New England for 4 years, per league source.

Sanjuro

Seems odd. I don't think a charge can be removed until it's official no? It didn't go through the full appeal process.

Where is Felony Trial Lawyer Gaf?

I've been listening all morning to talk about this. They just had a dean from Massachusetts school of law.

Basically what happens now is once the charges (and gun) are likely vacated, it gives the family an opportunity to go after the money the Patriots owed Hernandez.

MechDX

Andre Johnson going to sign a one day contract with Houston today and retire a Texan! Lets remember Dre for all the good he did in this game:
andre-johnson-fight-o.gif

jmdajr

I've been listening all morning to talk about this. They just had a dean from Massachusetts school of law.

Basically what happens now is once the charges (and gun) are likely vacated, it gives the family an opportunity to go after the money the Patriots owed Hernandez.

Ok so it's not official. But the appeal process will continue and THEN, the family can get the money.

Top Bottom