• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2016 |OT| Where One Gasmask Can Change a Career

Status
Not open for further replies.

abrack08

Tomorrow is my birthday, and all I really want is the Cowboys to pick Ezekial Elliott tonight. Nothing against Ramsey, I won't be disappointed if he's the pick but... I really want Zeke.

Cagey

Banned
That's been the problem with Reese for years now - the back end of the draft is a fucking mystery to him (include the third round while you're at it). How many resources have we put into the safety position at this point with later round picks? At what point is someone gong to step up and pan out? I'm sure he'd share the same frustration.

Nat Berhe, Mykkel Thompson, Cooper Taylor, Bennett Jackson (a converted CB) etc. I could understand it being difficult finding an unproven player to slot into the FS position with 4th, 5th and 6th round players. Having the necessary instincts and coverage skills to play that position at a high level is hard to find and highly sought after in the league. However, between injuries and just a downright lack of development - how can we not get SOMETHING out of that list of characters at SS?

Depth is just a massive issue for this team..much less starters at those positions. Even if they find a guy, you pretty much need two others behind him because of the ridiculous injury situation. (please Aaron Wellman, be the guy that fixes that cause its not just luck at this point)
I'm partially sympathetic to Reese for rolling into last season with a large number of safeties on the roster and most dying in camp. That's unfortunate. But the players who went down ranged from partial to full unknowns with little pedigree (...and effing Landon Collins). Given his strategy has been to purchase a bunch of low odds lotto tickets and hope one wins, having lost because his tickets were ripped before the numbers were read doesn't mean his process was sound. He still had/has low odds of this plan succeeding.

Reese simply doesn't value the safety or linebacker positions at the level he does defensive end and cornerback. I don't fault him for that approach to football, but he's taken it to an extreme that's left us little depth and talent alike.

LJ11

Honestly, there just aren't that many good safety prospects coming out, hard to find them.

Wonder where Karl Joseph lands, Buffalo is in desperate need of some depth back there and that kid is a striker as well. Rex would love a guy like that.

Honestly, there just aren't that many good safety prospects coming out, hard to find them.

Wonder where Karl Joseph lands, Buffalo is in desperate need of some depth back there and that kid is a striker as well. Rex would love a guy like that.

I wouldn't be shocked for us to land Joseph. I maintain my pie in the sky hopes that a LB slides for some reason doe.

I could totally see us being fucking stupid and selling the farm to trade up for Ramsay, too.

How is that possible. lol

It's just foreshortening. The guy in the picture is much closer to the camera than the people behind him, yet all are in focus. So he and his head appear much larger than those around him, making his head look huge.

Heck, just look at the dude next to him, whose head is cut off by the "Eagles Selection" bar. That head looks huge, too. But it isn't.

If you Photoshop out everyone else in the picture, you'll see: that is a perfectly normal sized head.

Hindl

So the teams that did the best get to pick first and select the best players?

Opposite. Worst team in the league picks 1st, while the champions pick last in each round. For all the shit the NFL gets, the parity is remarkable compared to other sports. Plenty of teams go worst to 1st in their division every year

Nah, I don't watch that stuff.

Value in my mind is simply, "you took a shitty fucking ball player."

Amen.

Value only exists so ESPN and bloggers can 'rate' drafts.

Yes! Steelers got an A for their draft! Great value! Nevermind that the first 4 round guys are off the team in 2 years!

Respect

Amen.

Yes! Steelers got an A for their draft! Great value! Nevermind that the first 4 round guys are off the team in 2 years!

Some places have started doing this properly and rating drafts 3 years after the fact when it actually matters. But that doesn't kept Kiper and Co. in business, so it is irrelevant.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
I think my Bears are going to take a pass-rusher, unless Ezekiel Elliot somehow falls. I'm almost more interested in their 2nd and 3rd round picks to see if they pick a QB.

Amen.

I don't think about it too much, but to me it's just another way of saying, they nailed it or whatever, after the fact. Of course no one really knows for at least a couple years.

For example, the Raiders 2014 draft. Reggie got crazy value in the 2nd and 3rd rounds with Derek Carr and Gabe Jackson. 2 guys who would go in the 1st in a redraft, Carr top 5.

Another way of looking at it is, would you knowingly take a gadget guy like Braxton in the 1st? Of course not. No value there.

In any case, I see no reason to bitch about it. We all like to "play expert" to a certain extent for our teams. To me it's whatever.

DRAFT DAAAAAAAAY

NEOGAF 2016 DRAFT PREDICTION GAME!

http://predictpick.nfl.com/groups/view/1107

Our annual prediction game!

Password is: Tacobell

*Note Shirtless Members must participate, since we will determine our draft order by score in the draft!

gol15.jpg

It's just foreshortening. The guy in the picture is much closer to the camera than the people behind him, yet all are in focus. So he and his head appear much larger than those around him, making his head look huge.

Heck, just look at the dude next to him, whose head is cut off by the "Eagles Selection" bar. That head looks huge, too. But it isn't.

If you Photoshop out everyone else in the picture, you'll see: that is a perfectly normal sized head.

lol I was just quoting Wesker ;p

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Photographic evidence that mods are tampering with my posts to spread the lies by Roger Goodell.

Lies?

Oh, I see. You think he's called Cheaty McCheatface because he cheats! Not at all, obviously. He's called Cheaty McCheatface because... um... he's lost a lot of weight recently.

Navy Bean

Cleveland's gonna take Lynch...RIP Paxton

And, no matter how important they are, there is nothing more meh than your team drafting an OL high in the first round.

Corsick

I can only hope!! More talent to fall to us *prays

It's funny watching teams reach horribly for QBs in a very, very weak QB draft where the top 2 inspire 0 confidence. But who knows, projecting for the future is always tough, but the Rams and Eagles are delusional if they think trading up in a draft like this for a QB is even somewhat rational. As a Seahawks fan, just give us a great OL to take. Spending money on a franchise QB and then not protecting him is beyond stupid. Hopefully they keep Cable away from the draft room, that dude would draft 20 JR Sweezys every year if he could and get QBs murdered.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
If my Jags take fucking Leonard Floyd, I'll fucking be livid ! Guy doesn't belong anyone in the 1st round. Hope the Cowshits and Jerry Jones don't take Jalen Ramsey, that's who we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom