• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2016 |OT| Where One Gasmask Can Change a Career

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flavius

Jags could easily go up and snag Ramsey, but they will likely either sit and take Bosa, or trade back. On the whole, I think Caldwell is good at grading out and selecting talent in these drafts, but his 1st round picks make me nervous as hell.

nCin8wu.jpg

Photographic evidence that mods are tampering with my posts to spread the lies by Roger Goodell.

Disgusting practice. When my lawyer and fellow Patriots fan (Bionic77) is unbanned, he will call you.

This is a breach on my freedom of speech!

Euron

If the Giants trade up to 8 to get Leonard Floyd I'm going to explode. I'm already uncomfortable with taking him at 10.

If they trade up to get Tunsil I'm ok though.

Oozer3993

My thoughts regarding the Browns:

* Trading out of the #2 slot tells me they won't take a QB at 8. I don't think Wentz or Goff are really worth the 8th, let alone any guy who's gonna be available.
* After pounding the 'analytics" drum the last couple months, they won't take a RB at 8. No RB is worth that high a pick in today's game.
* Joey Bosa's penchant for disappearing in big games plus some off field concerns rule him out. The Browns won't want anything resembling Manziel.
* No tackle who is likely to be available is worth the #8 pick, so it won't be an OL.
* The good WRs in this draft can be had lower so the Browns won't reach.
* Myles Jack's health concerns will frighten them off.

So my prediction:

The guy the Browns are set on is DeForest Buckner. If he's not available (and he probably won't be), they will trade down and take a WR or a OL.

nCin8wu.jpg

Photographic evidence that mods are tampering with my posts to spread the lies by Roger Goodell.

Disgusting practice. When my lawyer and fellow Patriots fan (Bionic77) is unbanned, he will call you.

This is a breach on my freedom of speech!
You disrespectful..

He'll be taking names. He will have his vengence.

Dutch you on the light theme smh.
Light > Dark

I'm sorry it's true.

Thank you friend.
I hope that I am proven correct in my faith.

Its to honor the New England Patriots offense.
Until Braxton falls to them and gets picked up..

Pls? Don't send him east to that hellhole in Pennsylvania.. Pls God.

I would love for Bosa, Buckner, or Elliot to fall to 8 and the Browns just draft whatever one is there.

My biggest fear is:

Rams: Goff
Eagles: Wentz
Chargers: Tunsil
Cowboys: Elliot
Jags: Ramsey
Ravens: Bosa
49ers: Buckner
Browns: ?

This would be awful. That only leaves us someone like Stanley or Conklin. I don't think they are going QB in round 1. I'm not sure anyone would even want to trade up to 8 at that point and we probably couldn't get much to trade back at this point.

It would be great if the Charges take Stanley at 3. That guarantees a stud falls to us.

I'm like 90% sure this is going to happen. or flip flop a couple of the players to different teams. Out of the 5 BPA's that aren't QB, we're going to get the 6th. Just how it is.

If this happens, they better hope someone wants to trade up for Stanley or Lynch and pick up an extra 2nd and 4th.

Kill3r7

If the Giants trade up to 8 to get Leonard Floyd I'm going to explode. I'm already uncomfortable with taking him at 10.

Doubt it. I see us staying at 10 and taking BPA. If anything we might trade down.

Giants fans fear of undersized tweeter project pass rushers is like Bucs fans fear of Clemson Pass Rushers.
I'm hoping one of Ramsey, Buckner or Bosa falls to 9 or Licht uses Glennon to acquire enough picks to move up to get one of those three. I'd take Jack or Hargreves here too.

Ugh people keep mocking Cook to us at 32, don't like it.
I'm honestly fine with getting Cook, would kinda like it. If he's Hues guy go for it. The one time I trust our coach with the qbs.

I know they like cook and some other guys but we'll see how everything plays out

I do want Treadwell at Wr though

MechDX

Bill SimmonsVerified account
‏@BillSimmons
My dream for tonight's Draft: Belichick rushes the podium after pick 31 and picks "Fuck You Goodell, quarterback, Fuck Off University."

Still better than "Ball so Hard U"

Narras

I don't really watch college football so I don't really know too much about any of the players being drafted. The draft is usually the first time I've ever seen some of these players. Hope my team drafts a good one. Go Jaguars!

Line_HTX

OK, if the Texans do decide to pick wide receiver at #22, who's gonna be good enough to NOT DROP PASSES all the damn time?

charley casserly just had Ramsey falling to the Ravens at 6.

This would be nightmare scenario for everyone. lol. I'd start throwing draft picks at the Jags if he lasted that long.

Giants...

Gary Myers ‏@garymyersNYDN 20m20 minutes ago
Now I'm hearing NYG will for sure go for best OT on board at No. 10 and that looks like Jack Conklin. Want OT over LB Leonard Floyd.

It's Myers though so take it with a grain of salt.

Also on Tunsil, one scout did not have nice things to say.

http://nypost.com/2016/04/28/stay-away-giants-scouts-scathing-take-on-once-no-1-pick/

A precipitous drop is not expected, but if Tunsil starts to fall, should the Giants, sitting at No. 10, try to move up a slot or two to land him?

No, no, a thousand times no, says a prominent NFL scout.

“He’s the one everybody – I shouldn’t say everybody – you talk to people in the league they’re not as high on him as these clowns on their computers in their basements who maybe watched one game on YouTube and think they know the answers,’’ Dan Shonka, general manager and national scout for Ourlads’ NFL Scouting Services, told The Post.

“He can’t block people crossing his face, he’s technique poor. Here’s how stupid people are. They say ‘He had a great workout at the combine.’ Well, he didn’t do anything at the combine but on the field drills. He was fresh. All the other guys went through real rigorous, the 40s, the vertical, the long jump, they did all that, everything, and he didn’t do crap and some of these clowns out there say ‘Well, he had a great workout.’ Well, all those other guys would have had great workouts too if they weren’t so tired.’’

Tunsil, a 6-5, 310-pound lineman, allowed only two sacks in his 29 games at Ole Miss. He has missed time with injuries and, in 2015, was suspended seven games by the NCAA for receiving improper benefits.

“I’m not a Tunsil guy,’’ Shonka said. “I’ve watched too much film on him. I broke down 15 games for a team on Stanley and he was clearly the better of the two, because he’s a football player. If you want “Dancing with the Stars” then go take Tunsil.

“I’d stay away from Tunsil, I think he’s got ‘bust’ written all over him. He’s always hurt and he goes out and runs drills good and some of these people go gaga. You can’t get intoxicated by a workout. The next time he finishes a block will be the first time.’’

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom