• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

LJ11

Playing a sport /= having a major league. If basketball, for example, suddenly became massively popular as the NBA is trying to make it, and began to eat the market share from soccer in Europe, I guaran-fucking-tee that FIFA would shake up the rules.

I'm not saying change the game to make it popular in the US. I'm saying change the game to make it better. Are there fans who are appreciative of flopping? No? Get it the fuck out of the game. Was that a goal? Can we check the replay? Make it so. FIFA doesn't care as long as the bribes keep flowing in. They're under no pressure to make changes, so they don't make any.

Chuck, the NBA has just as much flopping if not more so. It's a glorified free throw shooting contest now. On your list of improvements you had draft lottery slotted for the NBA, that's how awful that sport is. Every other change they've made has made it worse in my eyes.

I think FMT nailed it earlier, we don't care about the sport because we don't have any attachment to the teams, we also know nothing about the talent since we produce so few domestically, MLS isn't where the big boys play so we don't care. It also operates differently from a personnel standpoint, they don't have drafts and typical NA free agency. Rule changes won't be enough to get the US to jump on board.

My brother loves the sport, so I watch it with him occasionally, it can be pretty entertaining. I watched that Cessi goal live and it was amazing. It's a bit like hockey actually, not as fast or physical but the on fly creativity is certainly there.

789shadow

Banned
Yeah...The last World cup was faaaaaahhhhhking great.
The last soccer I was really having a good time watching was the recent Women's World Cup.

The problem with soccer is that it is basically hockey, in that most of the game is passing around the field, just without the physicality and speed that makes it interesting in hockey.

jakncoke

Banned
Just checked, the OT hasnt been up a week yet, and dude is at 1,008 post and counting. The quality of the thread and conversation regarding the game increases ten fold in times where the guy must just pass out.

Does this dude sleep. 4 days, 1012 posts. Thats 253 a day average :eek:

edit: he made 4 posts in the 8 min since you posted and I updated..

jakncoke

Banned
Right now he's stuck in his basement with nothing but a mini fridge and his PC, I think that's how he does it.

What about his gamecube as well?

zNkqd.jpg

fits well with him.

Does this dude sleep. 4 days, 1012 posts. Thats 253 a day average :eek:

edit: he made 4 posts in the 8 min since you posted and I updated..

The guy means well I think but he gets emotionally invested in the games he hypes up for. I remember the Dark Souls thread ended up with him having a bit of a meltdown after he had some issues with an area and had been playing for like 2 days straight.

Him and a lot of other people will get banned when the servers melt on the first day anyway.

Edit: I might check Diablo out. I never played the other two but the videos intrigue me. I think my laptop can run it.

jakncoke

Banned
The guy means well I think but he gets emotionally invested in the games he hypes up for. I remember the Dark Souls thread ended up with him having a bit of a meltdown after he had some issues with an area and had been playing for like 2 days straight.

Him and a lot of other people will get banned when the servers melt on the first day anyway.

jeez

Junie12

Wow did not knew that, and his hype for D3 is insane! This is gonna be much worse..

Can't wait!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I was thinking about it, I don't think I've "marathoned" a game since I was a teenager...basically when I actually had the time to do it.

Marathoning a game now for me is like 5hrs straight and by then I'm exhausted.

squicken

Holy hell I was curious what you guys were talking about and he is posting pictures of all the supllies he's procuring so he doesn't have to leave his house. Literally shameless

Junie12

Lots of E3 threads popping up on gaming, hopefully it delivers. Love seeing fans reaction to the conferences. It's better than the conference itself! Never could watch an entire conference since I find it sooo boring. But I love the gifs people make with it :)

Lots of E3 threads popping up on gaming, hopefully it delivers. Love seeing fans reaction to the conferences. It's better than the conference itself! Never could watch an entire conference since I find it sooo boring. But I love the gifs people make with it :)

I haven't been to big into video games lately, but I'm excited to see Wii U

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Ditto, absolutely loved that fifth element gif for the wii.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Nintendo shows. I think out of all three of the press conferences, Nintendo's is the most intriguing to me.

jakncoke

Banned
I imagine they will be some price cuts this year to compete against Wii U but what do I know, I'm just an enthusiast :p

250 is still doable, I'd just rather pay less and use the 50 bucks on something else like JD or something more than likely wasteful

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I thought the PS3 was already 199 or was that a temporary thing?

Basically I can't imagine it not hitting 199 this year.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Nintendo shows. I think out of all three of the press conferences, Nintendo's is the most intriguing to me.

I'll probably pick up the next Xbox within the first 6 months of it's existence. Depends on when it comes out.

I finally got a PS3 and the thing is getting almost zero action. The kids watch BD's on it upstairs. The Wii came, collected dust, and left. There is nothing Nintendo can do to entice me to pick up another piece of their hardware.

eznark

Banned
I'll probably pick up the next Xbox within the first 6 months of it's existence. Depends on when it comes out.

I finally got a PS3 and the thing is getting almost zero action. The kids watch BD's on it upstairs. The Wii came, collected dust, and left. There is nothing Nintendo can do to entice me to pick up another piece of their hardware.

That's how I feel about the next xbox. Every good game on the 360 is multiplatform and inevitably better on the PC. The only reason I will be buying one is for the Madden league. I'll get the other two consoles for their superior exclusive but will continue to do the bulk of my gaming on the PC. Like a man.

Junie12

You know, I've been lurking the Wii U thread since the first OT, and I gotta say, Nintendo better fucking deliver. Those guys have HUGE expectations for the Wii U and if Nintendo doesn't deliver..

Oh boy..

Let's just say the meltdowns will be a sight to behold.

jakncoke

Banned
Can anyone confirm this, I was looking around some comments about Sunday Ticket. Do they really do a 350 over 4 months thing? If so that'd be hella sweet.

eznark

Banned
Can anyone confirm this, I was looking around some comments about Sunday Ticket. Do they really do a 350 over 4 months thing? If so that'd be hella sweet.

I paid mine over like 9 months or something, it was the only thing they offered at the time. Just tacked it onto the dtv bill. It starts every July and stops in like March or something.

whatever you're charged is divided into 4 payments which will show up on your september, october, november and december billing. although sunday ticket this year (for the base package) is only $199

Yeah I use to have a ps3, pretty much just played mgs4 on it. Didn't really get much action. Ended up selling it

jakncoke

Banned
I paid mine over like 9 months or something, it was the only thing they offered at the time. Just tacked it onto the dtv bill. It starts every July and stops in like March or something.

Im getting it through PSN app thingy, so no monthly dtv bill will be involved

Top Bottom