• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

527215_1280x720.jpg

B-TjQJiCIAAaFmv.jpg

B-TjQKTCYAArA1i.jpg
An AFC West two teamer.

I have seen everything.

JABEE

Does anyone in that area think that's cool? I mean, don't Raiders fans hate the Chargers? I would be ashamed to walk out in public with a Eagles/Giants hybrid jersey, and I'm not even a politician that relies on people's approval.

Nelly did it better at the 2000 Super Bowl.

54cbedaa3ceef.image.jpg

Holy fuck the 2000 Super Bowl was so......2000.

National Anthem was sung by Backstreet Boys.

Halftime show of Aerosmith, N'Sync, Britney Spears, Nelly and Mary J Blige.

That game though.....so beautiful.

WedgeX

Banned
There's going to be two teams in Carson and one in downtown. How long before LA is back to zero teams?

I say ten years after they move in. New stadium time, same ol' tricks.

"The LA Chargers need a new stadium. LA has decided to turn its back on this franchise. We have spent the past three decades cultivating fans in the San Diego area and feel that now is the time they deserve to finally have a team once more after the NFL failed them and let football leave the city."

Calling it!

zychi

Banned
Nelly did it better at the 2000 Super Bowl.

54cbedaa3ceef.image.jpg

Holy fuck the 2000 Super Bowl was so......2000.

National Anthem was sung by Backstreet Boys.

Halftime show of Aerosmith, N'Sync, Britney Spears, Nelly and Mary J Blige.

That game though.....so beautiful.
Britney looked good back then. She made football pants sexy for 5 minutes.

Good read on Julius Thomas in terms of where he should land moneywise. Article states at about $5 million a year based on production when healthy.

Nowhere near Gronk and Graham in terms of production and what he can commmand in the market. 9/10 million is way too high according to this.

http://overthecap.com/julius-thomas-tight-end-market/

It's not what you are worth it's what someone is willing to give. I could see a team talking themselves into giving Thomas a big contract.

Godslay

Banned
It's not what you are worth it's what someone is willing to give. I could see a team talking themselves into giving Thomas a big contract.

I agree.

The numbers aren't there for a Gronk/Graham payday though. Hard to command that money when the league sees that you are not in the same... league as those two. Advantage for Julius is cap bump and Graham/Gronk contracts are a couple years old now iirc. He'll probably get close to that 9 million mark.

I was also looking through a lot of the contracts. Plenty of QBs are getting 100% guaranteed money so Wilson wouldn't be an outlier. Just depends on the amount.

King Dunlap got a 4/28 deal 2 years removed from a season where he was the worst tackle in football. Anything can happen.

I don't think Thomas commands huge money, but he'll be paid more than he's worth to be a RZ threat. I guarantee that.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
What do you think the guarantees are on that contract? $8M? Yeah, it's a fair deal. Pretty sure $7M/yr is just league average, anyway.

What do you think the guarantees are on that contract? $8M? Yeah, it's a fair deal. Pretty sure $7M/yr is just league average, anyway.

Depends, standard practice is year 1 base + year 2 base plus the SB prorated over a set length so, probably between 8-10, might be 12 depending on escalators kicking in.

Is anyone else up about to watch the rest of the combine today? Lol

I think Mariota runs in the 4.4s, Jameis I'll give him the benefit and say he runs in the luck/cam/Manziel range

Hundley first unofficial 4.63, good run.

Top Bottom