• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

Fox318

I hope all the bad things possible happen to you for posting that video.

I don't know why I clicked it...

gLLy6HD.gif

ampere

Boys will be good next year... Jerry selling his soul on Hardy to do it.

It comes down to Romo's back holding together.

effzee

Why cut Cooper when Vick and Avant convinced the team to forgive him and keep him on? That was the logic behind the decision to keep him in the first place. Unfortunately they did it, and paid him. Now if they cut him they have a buttload of dead cap space, and they can't go out and get another WR if they need depth.

It still doesn't make sense when players with far less issues and off field trouble have been cut simply cause they didn't fit the #culture.

I don't care who vouched for him, he and not DeSean Jackson, should have been released. Instead we routinely get burned last season by DeSean and have to carry very extensive dead weight. Cooper fooling them into thinking he is good plus cutting DeSean also forced them to draft WRs two years in a row early in the draft. Horrible moves.

Cooper can't play never could, is getting money he owes to DeSean, and is a racist scumbag.

But hey at least he fits the culture!

bionic77

Didn't the Cowboys get hardy and weren't they also trying to get AP, people known to beat the shit out of women and kids?

The Pats currently wear the scumbag crown but the Cowboys are in that conversation...

Striker

Wow. Guaranteed 1.65 million. Seriously, no other team would guarantee that amount?
My guess is he wanted to play for them, i.e favorite team or whatever. He should be able to get by the LG incumbent, so the line will be Smith-Collins-Frederick-Martin-Free. Pretty nasty.

Cowboys in win now mode though with their cap situation.

Wow. Guaranteed 1.65 million. Seriously, no other team would guarantee that amount?
As an UDFA, there isn't much money to play with for teams. It's capped last I checked, no? It's not like some other team can come in and give him 10 million dollars.They went around the limited signing bonus cap by just guaranteeing the salary.

It's a nice pickup for them adding more depth to a big strength on the team already. I always saw him as more of a guard than a tackle but maybe I'm wrong...

MechDX

As an UDFA, there isn't much money to play with for teams. It's capped last I checked, no? It's not like some other team can come in and give him 10 million dollars.They went around the limited signing bonus cap by just guaranteeing the salary.

It's a nice pickup for them adding more depth to a big strength on the team already. I always saw him as more of a guard than a tackle but maybe I'm wrong...

I know there is a rookie cap. Reports make it sound like no one else would guarantee all of it.

I know there is a rookie cap. Reports make it sound like no one else would guarantee all of it.
There is the possibility that other teams didn't have him rated nearly as high as some here think as well. Taken with the possibility of other legal issues with the whole murder scare? I know that's "unfathomable" considering the money but yeah..

bionic77

I didn't hear of him being in discussions with any other team. There were rumors of the Raiders being interested, but that was shut down publically with a quickness
Neither did I but it is possible that everyone interested wanted to keep it as secret as possible because you wouldn't want to get the taint of wanting Hardy but not getting him.

cdyhybrid

The Seahawks looked into Hardy, but supposedly they closed that door pretty quickly once they started looking.

Which is odd, because we drafted Greg Hardy 2.0 with our first pick, but hey.

effzee

While they didnt get traded draft day, rumors still persist that both LB Kendricks and G Mathis are being shopped. And they won't be on the roster opening day.

Please god no. Don't get what Chip gains here. I think at most they would get are mid round picks and at best a 3rd round pick for Kendricks.

Of course knowing Chip he could just cut them if he doesn't get an offer he likes which I'm sure interested teams know and realize do why even offer anything?

For once we finally have actual depth at LB and they want to trade it away. I don't get it.

Same with Mathis. Yes he wants more money but at this point with no olineman drafted in the last two drafts, starting G Herremans already cut, and failing to even talk to Collins, the Eagles line would go from top 1-2 to middle of the pack.

Dallas on the other hand landed 3 first round guys without giving anything up. Maybe if we weren't forced to draft WRs every year in the first 2 rounds we could take risks. It's maddening how they didn't even try to get Collins. Would have been perfect.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

My guess is the league flatout told teams "do not draft this guy." It's the only thing that makes sense.

Seriously, taking a flyer on him with a 7th-rounder is nothing and would, at the very least, prevent a divisional rival from picking him up. The whole thing reeks.

MechDX

My guess is the league flatout told teams "do not draft this guy." It's the only thing that makes sense.

Seriously, taking a flyer on him with a 7th-rounder is nothing and would, at the very least, prevent a divisional rival from picking him up. The whole thing reeks.

La'el Collins said wouldn't sign if drafted & teams were also waiting for clarity on legal issues. #Chargers not only team to pass in draft.--Twitter

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.

Well the draft ended before it came out that the child wasn't his. I guess that was enough for teams to start going after him.

Crisco

Banned
Yeah with the paternity test he's pretty much cleared of any potential legal issues. Not his baby = no motive = no case.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
La'el Collins said wouldn't sign if drafted & teams were also waiting for clarity on legal issues. #Chargers not only team to pass in draft.--Twitter

Right--every team passed. I find that a little too convenient that not even the best teams in the league wouldn't take a flyer on the guy with a pick that is usually training camp fodder. It makes no sense at all.

Well the draft ended before it came out that the child wasn't his. I guess that was enough for teams to start going after him.

Maybe. I just think it sets an awful precedent. What is to prevent anyone from doing this now? Choose your own team, then get paid after three years.

BigAT

There really needs to be a ban on Eagles fans posting rumors. Considering all the shit got spewed the last few months even though nothing came of it, it's absurd to see people still willing to buy into whatever some schmuck posts on Twitter.

Crisco

Banned
I don't anything shady went down other than Jerruh being an opportunistic snake oil salesman. The dude was potentially involved with the murder of a mother and her 8 month old unborn child. No team was touching that unitl he was 100% cleared, not after the offseason the NFL has had. GG Cowboys.

bionic77

I don't anything shady went down other than Jerruh being an opportunistic snake oil salesman. The dude was potentially involved with the murder of a mother and her 8 month old unborn child. No team was touching that unitl he was 100% cleared, not after the offseason the NFL has had. GG Cowboys.
I heard about this.

Guy would not be allowed to play if the charges or trial was still pending.

What happened to the case? Did they drop it or did he beat it?

And the Cowboy are making a strong case to steal the Ravens crown as the team with the most criminals on its active roster. BLarry you worried yet?

Crisco

Banned
I heard about this.

Guy would not be allowed to play if the charges or trial was still pending.

What happened to the case? Did they drop it or did he beat it?

And the Cowboy are making a strong case to steal the Ravens crown as the team with the most criminals on its active roster. BLarry you worried yet?

There was never any case against Collins, and he was never even named as a suspect. The police wanted to question him because the deceased was his ex-girlfriend. They had no other reason than that to believe he was involved.

gutshot

There really needs to be a ban on Eagles fans posting rumors. Considering all the shit got spewed the last few months even though nothing came of it, it's absurd to see people still willing to buy into whatever some schmuck posts on Twitter.

chip.gif

jakncoke

Banned

Its funny how delusional they can get. Like the latest when they found out Peters was Collins idol so they thought their chances were GREAT!

eznark

Banned
Yeah, Joe Thomas talks about it every now and then. One of the reasons he was so pissed over the Chud firing. Something along the lines of "other teams make mistakes and try to correct them, we make mistakes as quickly as we can so we can repeat them as often as possible"

Its funny how delusional they can get. Like the latest when they found out Peters was Collins idol so they thought their chances were GREAT!

Chip once met Aaron Rodgers at a Steak and Shake so it's obvious he will be trading for him this offseason.

Top Bottom