• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmdajr

CndDvS1UkAAD5TW.jpg:large

Yep

haha. We can look back and laugh after we win the Supahbowl!

MechDX

Think the Chargers would trade Bosa to the Steelers for a conditional 4th?

They cant trade his rights, that day came and went a few days ago. I read if Bosa holds out all season he can re-enter the draft next year. Dont think it will come to that but it is an option

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
They cant trade his rights, that day came and went a few days ago. I read if Bosa holds out all season he can re-enter the draft next year. Dont think it will come to that but it is an option

Not that I think it would happen but are you able to do sign and trades in the NFL?

Mort said the other day that all of the player drafted in the top 12 this year got the offset language that Bosa is seeking. I don't understand what Beads chargers are trying to do. Why piss off the guy you took 3rd over what will basically amount to nothing.

Mort said the other day that all of the player drafted in the top 12 this year got the offset language that Bosa is seeking. I don't understand what Beads chargers are trying to do. Why piss off the guy you took 3rd over what will basically amount to nothing.

Chargers aren't known for having the brightest management

Tom Penny

The center, right guard and right tackle are all question marks. So it's a little early to say the line sucks.
Well my general point is lead back is irrelevant. If the line has good blocking anyone can be productive. If the line sucks no back is going to be good enough to not just throw more instead.

MechDX

Josh Reed ‏@4JoshReed 2h2 hours ago
Source tells me that #Bills and QB Tyrod Taylor are very close to announcing contract extension. Announcement could come as soon as today

Tim Graham ‏@ByTimGraham 52m52 minutes ago
I'm hearing upcoming Tyrod Taylor deal is not a bridge contract. Bills are all-in, maybe as long as six years (unsure on options).

Colasante

Lol at people complaining about how Wentz did versus pressure. Eagles had no brooks and no Peters on the ol. It was a complete disaster and guys were in Wentzs face immediately.

Can anyone think of a qb that will be on an NFL roster this year who is worse then Chase Daniel? I was shocked he looked so bad when he is supposed to be the guy that knows andy's offense and can teach it to Bradford and Wentz.

...?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I always love the fresh, hot, absolutely definitive takes on coaches, players, teams, after one preseason game.

I get that everyone has been waiting for something to talk about. But it kind of turns everyone into Skip Bayless for a while.

Yes? The OL was bad for both guys but at least Wentz made some plays and actually looked good at times. Chase looked bad no matter what was going on around him, Chase also played with the starters, whereas Wentz played with the backups and 3rd stringers.

Chase didn't play with the starters. He played with the second team OL, against the Bucs first team defense.

So if eagles had a pick a starter after last night, who would it be?

Bradford was in the game for about 3 seconds, so that is impossible to tell. But between Daniel and Wentz I'd rather see Wentz.

If you want to pick a starter at WR, they should probably just not use them at all. Maybe just run 13 personnel all season.

Denver is uglier, but is way more liberal and has more to do than ColoRado Springs like being closer to the major ski resorts. I can see why they beat us.
I live in Harrisburg which is #25 and I'm surprised it's that high.

Also, on the Reuben Randle front:

Philly Voice's Jimmy Kempski labeled Rueben Randle's performance in Thursday's preseason opener an "embarrassment."

"Embarrassment," Kempski tweeted. "Barely ran routes. Didn't block. QBs can't possibly want him on the field." It sounds a lot like the Randle who irked coach Tom Coughlin and Eli Manning in New York, ultimately leading to the Giants letting him walk as a free agent in March. Randle played 28 offensive snaps Thursday, catching 1-of-3 targets for a measly three yards. Randle has proven to be one of the most effortless players in the league since entering it.

Yep, that sounds like Randle alright.

Josh Reed ‏@4JoshReed 2h2 hours ago
Source tells me that #Bills and QB Tyrod Taylor are very close to announcing contract extension. Announcement could come as soon as today

Tim Graham ‏@ByTimGraham 52m52 minutes ago
I'm hearing upcoming Tyrod Taylor deal is not a bridge contract. Bills are all-in, maybe as long as six years (unsure on options).
Bread! We're doing It! We did it!

Are you sure about that? Sam came out so quickly I thought that the announcers said that there were still starters in when Chase came in.

Pretty sure. Johnson, Peters, Brooks, and Kelce were all out very quickly. Well, Peters never started, they took Johnson out because of his looming suspension, Brooks got taken out as a precaution early, and I'm pretty sure they had Wizniewski in for Kelce pretty early too. I think Allen Barbre was the only projected starter still in. Jordan Matthew didn't play at WR, and I think Reuben Randle came out in the second quarter.

For tonights Giants game - Eli Manning. Victor Cruz, Kerri Wynn and Keenan Robinson are out and not playing. Eli not playing is a coaches decision which I have no problem with. I'd prefer that than to take the chance of any injury happening.

We're going to see a ton of Ryan Nassib.

The decision to sit Manning, listed as a "Coaches Decision", was easily explained by McAdoo. "I made the decision not to play Eli tonight," said coach Ben McAdoo. "We have a pretty good idea of what Eli can do, and as I said the other day when asked, Ryan is going to play a lot of football for us this preseason. And that starts tonight. We will also get Logan (Thomas) some work, as well."

The Giants have been talking about seeing what Nassib brings to the table as he is in the final year of his rookie contract.

It's not like Manning needs the snaps or something, so yeah I don't see a reason to put him in. I'm interested in seeing what the defense does. Hopefully I'll be able to watch.

Yep. Eli knows the offense well now. No reason to tempt fate. He'll get his play time soon enough.

For tonights Giants game - Eli Manning. Victor Cruz, Kerri Wynn and Keenan Robinson are out and not playing. Eli not playing is a coaches decision which I have no problem with. I'd prefer that than to take the chance of any injury happening.

We're going to see a ton of Ryan Nassib.

It's not like Manning needs the snaps or something, so yeah I don't see a reason to put him in. I'm interested in seeing what the defense does. Hopefully I'll be able to watch.

Pepiope

Are you sure about that? Sam came out so quickly I thought that the announcers said that there were still starters in when Chase came in.
Yeah. Bucs had their first team D out there the entire first quarter and a little into the 2nd I believe. They destroyed our 2nd team OL.

I know they were mostly against 2nd and 3rd team, but I thought Malcolm Bunche and Vaitai both looked pretty decent. Given how garbage Andrew Gardner was I wouldn't be surprised if Seumalo and Bunche actually moved up the depth chart and Gardner fell.

Edit: I will say Bunche gave up the pressure on Wentz int, but it wasn't his assignment. It was the center's assignment, but the defender broke off and spun around the line. Bunche needed the awareness to disengage the double team and pick up the pressure there, but I think that's just something he needs more experience with.

Hindl

I live in Harrisburg which is #25 and I'm surprised it's that high.

Also, on the Reuben Randle front:

Yep, that sounds like Randle alright.

Yeah sounds like he hasn't changed since his time with the Giants. Bummer but all of our receivers suck anyway minus JMatt

MechDX

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 2m2 minutes ago
Chip Kelly speaks highly of Texans' Mike Vrabel, Kelly tried to hire him as his DC along with Texans secondary coach John Butler

So glad he decided to stay.

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 10m10 minutes ago
Chip Kelly is longtime friends with Bill O'Brien says 'He's outstanding, tough' they go back to O'Brien at Brown, Kelly at New Hampshire

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 9m9 minutes ago
Chip Kelly on Joint practice with Texans 'I love it. Billy and I talked and thought it would be great to get together for a day'

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 8m8 minutes ago
Chip Kelly knew Bill O'Brien before he started visiting Patriots practices 'we are kindred spirits' he says with a smile

Chip is BOB's BFF. Like me and Trejo used to be. :(
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m1 minute ago
The #Bills and QB Tyrod Taylor have reached a long-term extension, source said.

Interested in seeing the money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom