• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Good for Tyrod. Hope he works out.

PDS ‏@PatDStat 3m3 minutes ago
Interested in the #s for Tyrod Taylor. 14 starts, team 8-6 in games he started. 27 years old entering year 6. Started one year.

Similar stats to Osweiler but two years older.

More or less on the money?

Tim Graham
‏@ByTimGraham
Tyrod Taylor deal can be as long as six years, but contains team options. $90 million, but could be more with incentives.

REALLY want to see the guarantees

MechDX

I wonder which one will go crazy and kidnap the other, my bet is on Chip he seems like he's about to snap at any moment.

Hmmmm I approve

zwbdrzlzvmuo03i6y5ow.gif

response for both posts

Rotoworld said:
According to Bleacher Report's Jason Cole, first-round DE Joey Bosa feels that his contract dispute with the Chargers has caused "irreparable damage."

Per Cole, Bosa is "very angry about the situation." This is the longest rookie holdout we've seen under the NFL's current collective bargaining agreement and there's no clear end in sight. It's a given that Bosa won't be suiting up for Saturday's preseason opener against Tennessee and it's safe to assume he won't be on the field for next week's tilt either. Bosa hasn't practiced with the Bolts since June and hasn't even communicated with the team since July 28.

Needless to say, November in San Diego is going to be absolutely fucking hilarious

For reference, in the past full year they have pissed off:
Eric Weddle, one of the most beloved players they had in the modern team and who wanted to stay,
Their #3 overall this year at best, all future picks from now on at worst now that they're seeing how the team handles negotiations with them,
Their fans with the attempt at moving.

Guess who gets to vote in Nov on whether or not they finance a new stadium at home or tell the team to kiss their ass?

Bread

Banned
Needless to say, November in San Diego is going to be absolutely fucking hilarious

For reference, in the past full year they have pissed off:
Eric Weddle, one of the most beloved players they had in the modern team and who wanted to stay,
Their #3 overall this year at best, all future picks from now on at worst now that they're seeing how the team handles negotiations with them,
Their fans with the attempt at moving.

Guess who gets to vote in Nov on whether or not they finance a new stadium at home or tell the team to kiss their ass?
I do! Save Our Bolts!!!!

Last week there was a severe air quality warning in Vegas. I went out side and you couldn't even see 2 blocks ahead, everything was just gray. It was due to the wild fires in cali. West coast is definitely the worst coast.

Mindlog

Jon Krawczynski Verified account
‏@APkrawczynski

Quote of the Rio Games from an official on the green diving pool: "Chemistry is not an exact science."
In football related news.
Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 4h4 hours ago

Falcons working our former Dolphins, Buccaneers quarterback Seth Lobato, according to a source
They're definitely looking for an upgrade at backup after Schaub becomes the starter.

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2016-los-angeles-rams-1785177081 https://youtu.be/QxkKlzInR4Y
Days after the relocation became official I got invited over to my parents’ place to talk and hangout and whatnot. The elephant in the room eventually came out. “What team are you rooting for now?”. I said I’m still a Rams fan, but I’m still bitter about the move (I still am, just not as much). My Pseudo Stepdad then gives me his Brady Quinn Chiefs jersey (one of his favorite players ever is Brady Quinn. I don’t get it either) and says “I know you’re still a Rams fan, but the Chiefs are playing the Pats this weekend and it would be cool if you would come out and root with us”. One thing started leading to another to the point where they were suggesting that rooting for another team wouldn’t be so bad “even if it isn’t the Chiefs”. My family gave me an intervention to stop being a Rams fan.
I genuinely feel bad for Jared Goff because being paired with Fisher as a QB is an NFL death sentence for developing talent, and being paired with Robinson as your left tackle is a death sentence proper.
I was a season ticket holder to the St. Louis Rams, my son met Sam Bradford a day after he was drafted, and I spent most of my childhood growing up rooting for them. At any rate, they left us like a sack of shit and with nothing to root for after we begged them to stay and gave them everything they wanted… And you know what? I’m glad, so I can pick a new team. THAT’S HOW MUCH THEY SUCK.
I love being a Rams fan. Where else can you show such optimism year after year for a team who hasn’t had a winning team since the 2003 season? Every team in the fucking NFC has been to the playoffs at least TWICE since the Rams last appearance. Marc Bulger, Chris Chandler, Jamie Martin, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Gus Frerotte, Brock Berlin, Trent Green, Kyle Boller, Keith Null, AJ Feeley, Kellen Clemens, Austin Davis, Shaun Hill, Nick Foles, and Case Keenum round up the stinkhole that’s been the Rams QB situation since 2004 (the beginning of the losing streak). Fuck them. Fuck the Rams.
In Kroenke’s carpet bombing letter to the NFL regarding the viability of Saint Louis as an NFL market he stated that his investments in the team led to “a 52 percent improvement in winning percentage over the five years before Stan Kroenke became the controlling owner”

The Rams were 20-60 in the 5 years before the hair piece took over. His football acumen led to the dramatic improvement to 36-59-1 in the 6 seasons since. Fuck him, fuck his lackey Demoff and fuck everyone who called out STL fans for poorly attended games. From 2007-2011 the Rams went 15-65, that’s the worst 5-year stretch in NFL history. Have fun paying for that shit, LA.
Have fun, L.A. They’re all yours.
I’ve had more conversations about soccer than the NFL. In most towns the sporting hierarchy is NFL>MLB>NBA in some order. The Rams will be a distant fourth to the Lakers, Trojans, and Dodgers. I wonder if they can cope.

Mort said the other day that all of the player drafted in the top 12 this year got the offset language that Bosa is seeking. I don't understand what Beads chargers are trying to do. Why piss off the guy you took 3rd over what will basically amount to nothing.

I think the issue is he wants the offsets plus the full signing bonus this year instead of just waiting a few more months. Both sides are being ridiculous imo, but Bosa could at least make one concession, offsets or bonus.

Can't wait to see the what excuses the dolphin homers come up with when we look terrible against your 2nd/3rd string. Some actually believe our defense will be good lol
The Giants defense is what I'm primarily interested to see. In no specific order:

- He'll be on limited snaps but what will JPP look like without the club? Reports from camp have said he's a monster right now with something to prove.
- The 54 million dollar man - Vernon's first snaps as a Giant as well as Snacks Harrison in the middle. This is a completely remade defensive line and I'm curious to see how they gel.
- Eli Apples first snaps in a live game. I fully expect the rookie to struggle out of the gate and he likely won't be out with the first team but needs to show why he was worth the #10 overall pick. He'll likely get a bunch of snaps with the second team.
- Darian Thompson at free safety. The Giants third round pick has all but wrapped up the starting safety gig next to Landon Collins. The coaches love him, McAdoo in a strange moment of frankness told the media that he's the starter. I'm very interested to see him play in a live game finally.

On the offensive side:

- Running back rotation. Rashad is the starter and behind that there's a log jam of guys. Vereen will be there. Will Williams or Darkwa get the next spot? Paul Perkins will make the roster so Bobby Rainey is the odd man out.
- The debut of Sterling Shephard. Another kid with a ton of camp buzz. He's pencilled in as a starter at WR. He'll be moved outside but he'll play a ton of slot with Cruz being out.
- The tight end rotation. We have 5 viable options there at the moment. LaCosse is making a name for himself with his versatility and both Will Tye and Donnell are likely #1 and #2. What's Will Johnson bring to the table and will the TE spot force Nikita Whitlock out of the final 53 considering how McAdoo uses his tight ends?

Hindl

I think the issue is he wants the offsets plus the full signing bonus this year instead of just waiting a few more months. Both sides are being ridiculous imo, but Bosa could at least make one concession, offsets or bonus.

That is exactly what he's said he'd do:

The Chargers are demanding offset language, which allows them to recoup monies owed to Bosa if he were released and signed by another team, and partial deferment of the signing bonus into next year. The Bosa camp is agreeable to one or the other, but not both.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-diego-chargers-mess-holdout-contract-dispute

This is completely on the Chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom