• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

Fox318

Its not like the old refs were any good anyway.

Goodell wants that female official to become a face of the NFL.

Next year maybe we.will have a British ref

squicken

Its not like the old refs were any good anyway.

Goodell wants that female official to become a face of the NFL.

Next year maybe we.will have a British ref

She's awful. Missed at least five offside penalties in Rams/Cowboys game. Watching the game I thought Wells and the LG were awful, but when I went back and watched on Rewind, they were getting blown up b/c Ratliff was consistently offsides

eznark

Banned
She's awful. Missed at least five offside penalties in Rams/Cowboys game. Watching the game I thought Wells and the LG were awful, but when I went back and watched on Rewind, they were getting blown up b/c Ratliff was consistently offsides

I'm pretty sure this post can get you banned now.

WedgeX

Banned
matt-millen1.jpg

It still burns!

Fox318

Why need players when you can have refs?

Goodell knows what he is doing. The refs were already the steeelers and cheatriots best player.

All female British Walmart soccer mom refs in 2015

Talon

Arizona Atlanta wild card game - the Cardinals were constantly offsides for the 1st half and just weren't getting called.

So...yeah.

eznark

Banned
That picture has to be photoshopped. I know the guy is in the background, I saw the play happen. Why do my eyes see him in the foreground!?

BigAT

I don't see how some of you can be okay with or even celebrating this. The old refs certainly made plenty of mistakes on judgement calls, but at least they knew the rules of the game. With the replacements I have seen so many basic, simple errors made that even your average NFL fan would know are incorrect. Not knowing how to spot the ball or properly run the game clock, it's unbelievable.

eznark

Banned
I don't see how some of you can be okay with or even celebrating this. The old refs certainly made plenty of mistakes on judgement calls, but at least they knew the rules of the game. With the replacements I have seen so many basic, simple errors made that even your average NFL fan would know are incorrect. Not knowing how to spot the ball or properly run the game clock, it's unbelievable.

I'm celebrating it because I think it will lead to official accountability down the road and pave the way for expedited technological adoption.

The old refs were shitty and these refs are shittier. Oh well

eznark

Banned
It's more like the old refs were occasionally crappy, whereas the new refs are 2007 Pac-10 level and might reward the ball to the wrong team despite clear evidence that says otherwise.

I'm kind of stunned at the rose-colored glasses with which you guys view NFL officials. I really do not get it.

Go watch the Green Bay - New York playoff game. There is literally no chance the replacement refs will be able to be worse than that. And those fuckers demanded a raise!

Bowser

NFL.com QB Power Rankings

Top Shelf: Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Drew Brees
Next Level: Ben Roethlisberger, Cam Newton, Peyton Manning

It's funny when people write that Big Ben is more about wins than numbers. His numbers are sensational. Only four quarterbacks in NFL history have thrown for more yards-per-attempt, and three of those four haven't played in 50 years. (Rodgers is the other.) Roethlisberger is the best vertical passer in the NFL until proven otherwise.

Newton was a top-10 quarterback as a rookie. We expect a significant second-year leap. We've seen enough out of Manning in the preseason to rank him this high. Only his injury risk keeps him from the top shelf. It wouldn't be a shock if one of these three quarterbacks win the MVP award.

cam.png

I've marveled at some of the calls during the preseason (especially preseason week 1) but I view as a matter of progression. Like any profession, the more they do it the more they will learn and improve. There will likely be blown calls along the way but as noted, there were plenty of blown calls and head scratchers from the "official" refs anyways and I think there has been some improvement as the weeks have progressed.

Top Shelf: Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Drew Brees
Next Level: Ben Roethlisberger, Cam Newton, Peyton Manning
Yes a rookie on a shit team (who did play extremely well, mind you) is next level while a two time Super Bowl MVP is "knocking on the door". Mmkay.

eznark

Banned
Knocking on the door: Eli Manning, Tony Romo, Philip Rivers, Jay Cutler and Matthew Stafford

what the fuck does a guy have to do to get some love?! My god that guy deserves to have the biggest, meanest fucking chip on his shoulder.

Lumping him in with those losers? Give me a break. Just Losez is better than Eli?! hahahahaha

cajunator

Banned
what the fuck does a guy have to do to get some love?! My god that guy deserves to have the biggest, meanest fucking chip on his shoulder.

Lumping him in with those losers? Give me a break. Just Losez is better than Eli?! hahahahaha

Which of those is Just Losez? You have to be more specific.

Bowser

It's never cams fault. Cam didn't steal a laptop, it was returned! Cam didnt cheat on tests, it was a misunderstanding! Cam didn't get paid by auburn, his dad did! Cam didn't lose games, the D let him down!

So jealous of Cam. I know, I had to deal with the likes of post-05 Jake Delhomme, Matt Moore, and Jimmy Clausen myself. Harbs will get himself a real QB...someday...

He came so close just this offseason...

cajunator

Banned
It's never cams fault. Cam didn't steal a laptop, it was returned! Cam didnt cheat on tests, it was a misunderstanding! Cam didn't get paid by auburn, his dad did! Cam didn't lose games, the D let him down!

Im not talking about all the accusations against him, Im referring to his level of playing. He is a pretty good QB for a rookie.

Bowser

If VY Just Winz then Cam Just Losez

Cam's on the accelerated A-Godg plan. First full year starting, wow the league but lose close games due to defense (6-10 just like Cammy Cam!), followed by a Super Bowl victory! (Hey, I did say accelerated - he'll get the "making the playoffs" and "SB win" steps in one go).

cajunator

Banned
My Mom was watching the news about the northshore flooding and she was like "don't Saints players live up there? Those poor people".
Poor NFL players. They're gonna lose one of their three luxury homes. what are they gonna do?

Cam's on the accelerated A-Godg plan. First full year starting, wow the league but lose close games due to defense (6-10 just like Cammy Cam!), followed by a Super Bowl victory! (Hey, I did say accelerated - he'll get the "making the playoffs" and "SB win" steps in one go).

You missed step 2: single handedly losing a wildcard game against the cardinals lololol

So I missed the draft for one of my FF leagues and it ended up auto drafting according to my selections. My QB's are RGIII and Cutler.

RGIII vs Saints defense Week 1
Cutler vs Indy defense Week 1

Hmmmmm

Bowser

So I missed the draft for one of my FF leagues and it ended up auto drafting according to my selections. My QB's are RGIII and Cutler.

RGIII vs Saints defense Week 1
Cutler vs Indy defense Week 1

Hmmmmm

Personally think Cutler is the easy choice here.

You missed step 2: single handedly losing a wildcard game against the cardinals lololol

If you win the SB you can't lose in the playoffs!

A-Godj was robbed - hit in the helmet! Should've been a penalty

squicken

Aaron Rodgers Front-Runner Extraordinaire

Rodgers has won 31 games as a starter, registering just three comebacks and five game-winning drives , all against NFC North opponents (Detroit and Chicago). The “quality” of those wins raises some flags.

2008 – Both games were against the 0-16 Lions. In Detroit, the Packers actually had a 24-9 lead entering the final quarter. Detroit came back to take a 25-24 lead, Rodgers completed a 60 yard pass to Greg Jennings, which led to a go-ahead field goal. Jon Kitna threw two interceptions for touchdowns, and Green Bay won 48-25. In the rematch at Lambeau, Rodgers led a go ahead field goal drive to break a 14-14 tie in a game the Packers won 31-21.

2009 – On opening night against Chicago, down by two points, Rodgers threw a game-winning 50 yard touchdown pass to Greg Jennings with 1:11 left. For the rematch, down by one point, Rodgers only had to go 11 yards for a game-winning touchdown drive early in the fourth quarter.

2010 – In a must-win Week 17 game last year against the Bears, with the game tied, Rodgers threw for 71 yards on the drive, including the winning touchdown pass to Donald Lee with 12:42 left. Jay Cutler’s last gasp was intercepted to end the game, a 10-3 final, and clinch the sixth seed for Green Bay.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
That is the silliest thing I've ever seen.

Rodgers is so god-like that every game is already over after 3 quarters in favor of the Packers.

But ARod for Tebow sounds like a fair trade to me. Packers need that 4th quarter magic.

Add the Packers at Giants week 13 game last season to his comeback total. He drove the field with 58 seconds left in that game to put them in position for the go ahead field goal.

squicken

I'd rather be so good that I can be a front-runner then constantly fucking up to the point where I need to bring my team back to eke out wins.

Games decided by 4 points or less, Rodgers is 0-1 in the post-season and 2-13 in the regular season

Add the Packers at Giants week 13 game last season to his comeback total. He drove the field with 58 seconds left in that game to put them in position for the go ahead field goal.

Oh I'm just messing around. Clutchiness and QB wins are two of the dumbest stats in football

Bowser

Games decided by 4 points or less, Rodgers is 0-1 in the post-season and 2-13 in the regular season

He hasn't been in a playoff game decided by 4 points or less? 4 points is such an arbitrary number?

@ ARI L 45-51 OT (like I said, screwed out of this one, should have been roughing)

@ PHI W 21-16
@ ATL W 48-21
@ CHI W 21-14
vs PIT W 31-25

vs NYG L 20-37

Postseason games decided by 7 or less he's 3-1

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm kind of stunned at the rose-colored glasses with which you guys view NFL officials. I really do not get it.

Go watch the Green Bay - New York playoff game. There is literally no chance the replacement refs will be able to be worse than that. And those fuckers demanded a raise!

This right here. The difference will be negligible.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Scam is Just Losez

Poutface is Poutface

The rest of those nobodies have yet to rate nicknames.

I believe "Matt Glassford" is clearly an nickname.

And I'm going to LOL for weeks if Newton collapses this year. I can't believe how many people are hyping him up like this.

Bowser

I believe "Matt Glassford" is clearly an nickname.

And I'm going to LOL for weeks if Newton collapses this year. I can't believe how many people are hyping him up like this.

I am also going to LOL when the Panthers have a better record than the Lions and beast has to wear an avatar of my choosing for the entire offseason! I'm already 1-0 in offseason avatar bets as DCX can attest ;)

Top Bottom