• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

BigAT

I cant help but wonder the outcome if the Saints had squeaked by the Niners.
Giants would play in the Dome in NOLA. Eli has yet to win in the Dome against the Saints.
I played it off last season like it didn't bother me but in reality I was pissed off as fuck.

I think the whole "Giants got lucky" thing is incredibly stupid, but they certainly did have that go in favor. That would have been a horrible matchup for the Giants.

squicken

I think the whole "Giants got lucky" thing is incredibly stupid, but they certainly did have that go in favor. That would have been a horrible matchup for the Giants.

They were outscored in the regular season. They are the worst SB champion ever. Probably the worst NFL champion ever. I'm sure Giants fans don't care. I wouldn't either.

cajunator

Banned
They were outscored in the regular season. They are the worst SB champion ever. Probably the worst NFL champion ever. I'm sure Giants fans don't care. I wouldn't either.

All that matters is that Lombardi.
I love all the crazy stats the Saints offense puts up but I'd trade that for a better defense if it meant we got another ring.

Last years Giants team would have mopped the floor with the 2008 Giants. Eli is a million times better and the WRs were much better last year. The 08 team had a better defense and running game but that wouldnt be enough to make up for just how much better Eli is now.

Rorschach

Last years Giants team would have mopped the floor with the 2008 Giants. Eli is a million times better and the WRs were much better last year. The 08 team had a better defense and running game but that wouldnt be enough to make up for just how much better Eli is now.
I keep confusing you with BigAT and these posts don't help.

squicken

The Giants team that played in the SB was a very good team. But the 2011 Giants were a very average team.

The Giants team that played in the SB was a very good team. But the 2011 Giants were a very average team.

I disagree. The Gaints last year were a very good team at times and a bad team other times. If you want to say the sum of their regular season was average that is fine, but they had some great games even in the reg season, and they crushed it in the playoffs. Getting back to your point about worst SB winner ever I think the Colts team that beat the Bears was the worst SB winner.

Dragon

Banned
I disagree. The Gaints last year were a very good team at times and a bad team other times. If you want to say the sum of their regular season was average that is fine, but they had some great games even in the reg season, and they crushed it in the playoffs. Getting back to your point about worst SB winner ever I think the Colts team that beat the Bears was the worst SB winner.

They had Peyton Manning in his prime. Not possible.

The '01 Pats were pretty bad but we all know they cheated so they don't count.

Vire

This Giants vs Patriots, "game" is the most pitiful thing I've ever seen.

Game 4 of the Preseason is worse than the Pro-Bowl.

Dragon

Banned
Wasn't that the year he had that amazing comeback at NE?

Fuck Reche Caldwell. Bigger eyes than any cajunator avatar.

1325929241_8595f259e0.jpg

Striker

I disagree. The Gaints last year were a very good team at times and a bad team other times.
They had Eli, a great duo of WR's, and JPP on defense. That's all they truly had going for them last season. The injuries and time out for Tuck, Osi, T2, and Boley was big, and obviously hurt the defense. The defense was pathetic for the most part, beaten twice by Rex, once by Vince, and had their throats shut by getting ran down by Beanie f'n Wells. OL pass blocking, and the run game was also terrible.

Speaking of Eli, Rosenthal is backing with his rankings lol.
Top shelf: Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady and Drew Brees

Next level: Ben Roethlisberger, Cam Newton and Peyton Manning

Knocking on the door: Eli Manning, Tony Romo, Philip Rivers, Jay Cutler and Matthew Stafford

Dragon

Banned
Knocking on the door: Eli Manning has two super bowl championships but he needs to learn to beat the Redskins before we credit him for being the Pats.

Sanjuro

Knocking on the door: Eli Manning has two super bowl championships but he needs to learn to beat the Redskins before we credit him for being the Pats.

Roethlisberger should be reduced back to knocking on the door with Romo and Cutler.

Cam Newton? LOL

Eli should be feeling pretty lonely in his tier at the moment.

Ojomo is our fourth DE. Adrian Tracy's injury lost him the job along with Ojomo's production.

Barden also solidified his roster spot, IMO.

Andre Brown and Scott at RB is harder to call. Brown made a case for himself tonight.

lol 18-1 always loses to the Giants :(

heh every team gets lucky though, i still have dat salt but Kyle Williams must rank in top ten for luckiest things to happen to a team.

Top Bottom