• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

Draxal

why do we need a review here. why why why.

if the pats get into field goal range, they better go for a td. save us from preseason ot.

They had Eli, a great duo of WR's, and JPP on defense. That's all they truly had going for them last season. The injuries and time out for Tuck, Osi, T2, and Boley was big, and obviously hurt the defense. The defense was pathetic for the most part, beaten twice by Rex, once by Vince, and had their throats shut by getting ran down by Beanie f'n Wells. OL pass blocking, and the run game was also terrible.

Speaking of Eli, Rosenthal is backing with his rankings lol.

I would also give Rolle some credit, he put great work ethic into a lot of the defensive players who were not giving it 110 %. That's the Cardinal in his blood.

The NFL is going to embarrass themselves letting the replacement refs take the reigns...

Terrible.

I think its kind of neat actually, because mistakes are going to be made whether it is the regular or scrub refs. All this does is give some other hard working person the chance to realize their dream an an NFL referee. Kudos to them I say!

steelers-ink.jpg

Why in the Blue Hell would anyone get a Steelers logo tat like THAT?

Doomsayer

I think its kind of neat actually, because mistakes are going to be made whether it is the regular or scrub refs. All this does is give some other hard working person the chance to realize their dream an an NFL referee. Kudos to them I say!

I agree with you for the most part, but there have been some mindfuckingly stupid calls.

It is going to cost at least one team a game.

Godslay

Banned

It's kind of bullshit to realize your dream on the back of someone's labor dispute. The actual refs are just as hard working as the replacement refs.

BigAT

For the sake of my own amusement, I decided to try and project the Giants final 53. A few tough choices at the end, mainly choosing the final few roster spots on defense.
QB(2) – Manning, Carr

HB(4) – Bradshaw, Wilson, Ware, Scott

FB(1) – Hynoski

TE(3) – Bennett, Pascoe, Robinson

WR(6) – Nicks, Cruz, Hixon, Randle, Jernigan, Barden

OL(8) – Beatty, Boothe, Baas, Diehl, Snee, Locklear, Brewer, Petrus

DE(4) – Pierre-Paul, Tuck, Umenyiora, Ojomo

DT(4) – Joseph, Bernard, Thomas, Hendricks

LB(7) – Rivers, Kiwanuka, Blackburn, Boley, Herzlich, Williams, Paysinger

CB(7) – Webster, Amukamara, Thomas, Coe, Johnson, Tryon, Hosley

S(4) – Phillips, Rolle, Hill, Brown

Specials(3) – DeOssie, Tynes, Weatherford
I have Ojomo as the fourth DE, was debating whether or not they would carry Tracy and have a 5th. I think Marvin Austin gets put on the IR (just a feeling) and they try to put Kuhn on the practice squad at DT. They keep maybe more than necessary at CB initially, due to injuries to Thomas/Amukamara. Honestly wouldn't shock me if Thomas gets IR'd/cut due to his ACL. Tyler Sash's suspension means he doesn't count against the roster the first 4 games, so they keep an extra at Safety until he comes back.

I agree with you for the most part, but there have been some mindfuckingly stupid calls.

It is going to cost at least one team a game.

Games get thrown to another team from calls all the time though. (See -> Superbowl XL) :)

Luckily all scoring plays and game changing plays are automatically reviewed, that should at least contain some of the larger fuckups.

I do believe that these replacement refs will come under more heat for their calls though, even though the regular refs have been making bad calls throughout the history of the game.

It's kind of bullshit to realize your dream on the back of someone's labor dispute. The actual refs are just as hard working as the replacement refs.

I agree with that, but I am sure that the refs are the ones who decided to go on strike and hold out. They could have refereed this season if they would have not chose to follow through with this. I'm not saying its right by any means, but in a way they brought it on themselves. If someone is willing to do your job cheaper and they are willing to work hard to learn the job and do the best they can then its fair game I say. I hate to see anyone out of work though, that is the sad part about all of this.

Talon

Rodgers has always had:

1. A sense of entitlement
2. A strong competitive drive
3. A giant chip on his shoulder

What happened in the draft only added fuel to the fire. Dude would have been good anywhere.
He was absolutely coached up, though. His arm is much more stronger than at Cal. His release is as quick as anyone else's in the league.

Cagey

Banned
For the sake of my own amusement, I decided to try and project the Giants final 53. A few tough choices at the end, mainly choosing the final few roster spots on defense.

Dottino was quite pessimistic on the Giants keeping Ojomo on the active roster due to the injuries plaguing the DT and CB positions plus the Giants still remaining high on Tracy as the 4th DE. In essence, he felt that Ojomo making the squad means the Giants carry 5 DEs, which he can't see happening due to the cruelty of the numbers game.

He's pretty well connected, so that's a concern.

minx

Can anyone with Madden 13 please tell me if there is an option to remove the scoreboard? Can't have that EA sports logo burned into my plasma.

Milchjon

He probably just got his #PARADES mixed up.

Tannehill doesn't even know the divisions? I mean, it may not be necessary, but growing up playing football, how do you not pick that up along the way?

And I'll use this a lot:

jeffnod.gif

Also, poor Vontae Davis.

K-19

Banned
Philbin has the sense of humour ...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...oncerned-with-dolphins-preseason-performance/

An NFL team’s preseason record may not matter, but Dolphins coach Joe Philbin admitted that he was concerned about the way his team has played after they finished the preseason with a record of 0-4.

Following the Dolphins’ 30-13 loss to the Cowboys on Wednesday night, Philbin said he was glad to have the preseason over with because his team has been badly outplayed so far.

“The only good news is this part’s over,” Philbin said, via Ben Volin of the Palm Beach Post. “Am I concerned? Yeah. . . . I thought we’ve been a good team in practice, we haven’t transferred that to the game.”

The Dolphins have lost their four preseason games by a combined score of 96-43, and Philbin isn’t happy about that.

“I don’t care if it’s the fourth preseason game, seventh regular season game or the Super Bowl. That’s unacceptable,” Philbin said.

Philbin has a tough task ahead of him getting the Dolphins to perform at an acceptable level Week One in Houston.​

He will get fired no doubt.

JABEE

It will also show how hard it is to officiate a game at that level. Not only the pressure of being in the stadium, but also remembering the rules and clearly seeing the play and applying the rules in a timely fashion. Most people would have a difficult time replicating what the officials do every Sunday and what they do requires years of training and constant studying of case scenarios and rule changes.

Top Bottom