• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

He was absolutely coached up, though. His arm is much more stronger than at Cal. His release is as quick as anyone else's in the league.
Yep. Definitely was coached up and trained. Looked bad his first few years because of that arm speed and awareness in the pocket. Can't say for sure that he'd be successful if he went to SF imo.
It will also show how hard it is to officiate a game at that level. Not only the pressure of being in the stadium, but also remembering the rules and clearly seeing the play and applying the rules in a timely fashion. Most people would have a difficult time replicating what the officials do every Sunday and what they do requires years of training and constant studying of case scenarios and rule changes.
Indeed. But it won't really matter. Once the regs come back people will be conplaining just as much about their calls. It'd be nice if it gave some perspective but it won't.

Fox318

g7cRYl.png

effzee

Good he has gotten some pressure and made some plays. I am looking forward to see how many snaps he gets once the season starts.

Good to have him as depth. I don't expect him to beat anyone out for a starting job but awesome depth at DLINE will be the strong point of this defense.

Detroit Lions fans is Mike LeShoure the projected starter once he comes back from his suspension.

Cagey said:
Dottino was quite pessimistic on the Giants keeping Ojomo on the active roster due to the injuries plaguing the DT and CB positions plus the Giants still remaining high on Tracy as the 4th DE. In essence, he felt that Ojomo making the squad means the Giants carry 5 DEs, which he can't see happening due to the cruelty of the numbers game.
Dottino has been wrong on many occasions though despite his connections. I'm betting this will be one of those occasions.

Dragon

Banned
11 Matthew Stafford, Det QB
14 Rob Gronkowski, NE TE
35 Frank Gore, SF RB
38 Darren Sproles, NO RB
59 Dwayne Bowe, KC WR
62 Steve Johnson, Buf WR
83 Isaac Redman, Pit RB
86 Matt Schaub, Hou QB
107 Darrius Heyward-Bey, Oak WR
110 Ravens D/ST D/ST
131 Mason Crosby, GB K
134 Jonathan Dwyer, Pit RB
155 Jermaine Gresham, Cin TE
158 Randy Moss, SF WR

Unfortunately I needed to take a QB and the only one available was Glassford so that meant I had to take a good backup which meant I had to take Schaub and who knows if he'll be healthy. It could be a disaster, oh well.

eznark kill me for fantasy talk or the fat receptionist not both!

WHEN ARE WE MAKING OUR SEASON PREDICTIONS?

When you stop channeling your inner Frankman

cashman

Banned
Do you guys think the Cowboys will get the #1 seed, or will they stumble a bit and only end up with like a 2 or 3 seed in the playoffs?

He probably just got his #PARADES mixed up.

Tannehill doesn't even know the divisions? I mean, it may not be necessary, but growing up playing football, how do you not pick that up along the way?

And I'll use this a lot:

jeffnod.gif

Also, poor Vontae Davis.

I know my brain is telling me the tannehill thing doesn't mean anything but wtf? How do you not know the divisions if playing in the nfl has been a life long dream?

Bowser

Good article by Florio on the NFL/NFLRA impasse: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-the-divide-in-the-nfl-nflra-disput/#comments

We’re trying hard not to pick sides on this one. We just want the regular officials to get back on the job, which will happen sooner rather than later only if the two sides start talking.

While it’s easy to insist that the NFL bridge the gap because the NFL has the money to do it, the locked-out officials aren’t exactly hurting, either. And so, if the replacement officials end up screwing things up, we’ll ultimately blame not only the entity that locked out the regular officials but also the regular officials who forced the lockout by wanting more of a raise than most Americans are currently getting in their primary (and only) jobs.

I agree with his take here.

eznark

Banned
RT @ AdamSchefter : NFLPa Agreed to move trade deadline back and the new IR rule.

-NFL trading deadline pushed back to the Tuesday after the eighth weekend of season.

-Teams now will be allowed to re-activate one player from Reserve/Injured during the 2012 season, subject to certain restrictions.

-Only players with a "major injury" who are placed on Reserve/Injured after 4:00 p.m., New York time, on Tuesday, September 4, or thereafter during the season, will be eligible to be reactivated at a later time.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter

Details:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ter-trade-deadline-injured-reserve-exception/

The change means that the trade deadline will now be the Tuesday after the Week Eight games, instead of the Tuesday after the Week Six games. That could be great news for teams that suffer an injury to a key player in Week Seven or Week Eight and need to trade for a player to replace him. Detractors of the rules change have suggested it could encourage bad teams to give up on the season and trade away their best players for draft picks.

With the injured reserve rule, one player per team may go on IR early in the season and then return to the field later in the season. So a player who suffers an injury that’s expected to keep him out for a few months could go on IR but still play again. Steelers rookie offensive lineman David DeCastro, who is expected to miss about three months with the knee injury he suffered last week, could be a perfect fit for the new system.

That IR rule change is long overdue. It will certainly help the Giants with players like Marvin Austin who may be IR'd due to back issues but may return later in the season.

Top Bottom