• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

Who would spend time writing about last place teams?

I like the Chiefs this year. All the off-season reports I've read about Jamaal Charles' recovery have been super positive. Hillis is also reportedly in great shape, as healthy as he was in his breakout year. Cassell can't possibly be worse. They're also implementing a brand new offense. Add in to all that one of the best o-lines in the league and a decent defense and I think they might surprise, probably win 10 games this year.

harSon

Banned
I never take impressions from camp seriously. You will know how good he is by his 2nd game (regular not preseason). The mistakes will get better, but if you can't make an impression by game 2 chances are you are not very good to begin with.

I have to disagree with this. We have seen Brown create his own space time and time again. He more than Wallace is who Ben looks to on 3rd and forever. Wallace is Ben's first option because he is always looking for the long ball, but for most of the big throws when the game is on the line he seems to go to Brown first.

We may have the answer as to how well Brown can play without Wallace sooner than we like. I think Mike is making a big mistake by holding out (when has that ever worked out for any player?), but I am slightly biased and want him on the field as well.

We've seen him make space when Wallace is the main focus of the defense, ie. the receiver being double teamed. But if Wallace is no longer on the field, and Brown becomes our #1 receiving threat then how will he produce when he's the focus of the defense? Will he even be considered dominate enough to draw the double team, opening it up for players like Sanders to excel like Wallace did for Brown?

Yeah and that's with Lackey on the DL. I don't want to think about 30 starts from him next year.

Whatever.jpg

bionic77

We've seen him make space when Wallace is the main focus of the defense, ie. the receiver being double teamed. But if Wallace is no longer on the field, and Brown becomes our #1 receiving threat then how will he produce when he's the focus of the defense? Will he even be considered dominate enough to draw the double team, opening it up for players like Sanders to excel like Wallace did for Brown?
In today's NFL a player like Brown is pretty much unstoppable over the middle.

Easier to stop a speedster like Wallace because you have some time to close that space while the ball is in the air on the deep throws.

But the proof will be in the pudding, especially if Brown holds out into the regular season.

HoFlynn getting the start?

49ers season already over.

I'm going to talk so much shit to you after we dominate again. I remember squicken talking shit last offseason and I told him what would happen. Sure enough he looked foolish and continues to look foolish but at least he has lowered his expectations.

Now you're on my list!

I'm going to talk so much shit to you after we dominate again. I remember squicken talking shit last offseason and I told him what would happen. Sure enough he looked foolish and continues to look foolish but at least he has lowered his expectations.

Now you're on my list!

At least you admit there's no way you get 13 wins again. I think 9 is bull too though, I think you'll probably get 10 but can see 11 if you click on all cylinders. That said, I hope you win 8 (don't want you drafting a real QB).

calder

OK fine NHLGAF I'll post this here too...

I've been slowly enjoying the NFL more and more last few years, to the point now where I'm really excited for the new season to start. But I still don't have a favourite team. Who should I root for? The closest teams are the Vikings (no) and Packers I guess (also no, they just irritate me somehow) so geography doesn't help. Maybe Chicago? I kind of like that the Bears have a unlikable asshole at QB, and they don't seem like a front-runner pick or anything. But I hate almost all cities that have NHL teams that are or have been relevant in the past 20 years so this is tough.

The only responses from NHLGAF were for the Browns, 49ers and Eagles. None of those jumped out at me.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I've been slowly enjoying the NFL more and more last few years, to the point now where I'm really excited for the new season to start. But I still don't have a favourite team. Who should I root for? The closest teams are the Vikings (no) and Packers I guess (also no, they just irritate me somehow) so geography doesn't help. Maybe Chicago? I kind of like that the Bears have a unlikable asshole at QB, and they don't seem like a front-runner pick or anything. But I hate almost all cities that have NHL teams that are or have been relevant in the past 20 years so this is tough.

The only responses from NHLGAF were for the Browns, 49ers and Eagles. None of those jumped out at me.

Detroit Lions. One of the best offenses in the league, a coach that has a terrible temper and says ridiculous things, and a team that is out-of-control on the field. Fun to watch.

Edit: Echoing the sentiment about not becoming a Bears fan.

where are you from?

squicken

Fuck.

GAF you bastards you went too far. You pushed Freeman to bulimia.

I think he cut weight so he could look good in the Jumpman appearal. Guess he didn't find Ervin's big and tall line that flattering

edit: NHL guy. San Diego. If I was Canadian the place I would dream of living in would be there. Root for the Chargers

How about the Falcons since our city provided you with your NHL team. :jnc

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

Hockey = Canada.
Canada = Toronto
Toronto = Bills.

Logically, the Buffalo Bills. And nobody would ever accuse you of just jumping on a frontrunner. Ever.

bionic77

I think he cut weight so he could look good in the Jumpman appearal. Guess he didn't find Ervin's big and tall line that flattering
How dare you sir!

You are defaming the honor of true NBA legend!

I wish a pox on your current top 5 teams (assuming none of them is the Steelers).

LJ11

edit: NHL guy. San Diego. If I was Canadian the place I would dream of living in would be there. Root for the Chargers

I think we would all love to live in San Diego and do fuck all. Never been there, but it seems fantastic.

Greg

unlikable asshole... or unskilled vagina?

Sorry, he's too busy being the best looking QB in the NFL.

http://prod.images.buccaneers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/BUCCANEERS/assets/images/imported/TB/photos/clubimages/2012/08-August/temp120807_MM_TC_0740--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720[IMG][/QUOTE]

He looked better with the JoshFro.

squicken

I think we would all love to live in San Diego and do fuck all. Never been there, but it seems fantastic.

I have a friend there who owns a tiny ass condo about 100 yards from the beach. He spent like $300k and it's smaller than any apartment I've ever lived in and it's the best home purchase anyone I know has ever made. Just an awesome place

Not really sure what the violence in Mexico is like these days, but the first time I was there we drove from SD to Cabo and that was pretty fantastic too

Top Bottom