• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

bionic77

Will Tebow play shirtless?
NFL ruled that it would be a competitive disadvantage making the games pointless (how could the other teams defense, offense, coaching or cheerleaders concentrate with that kind of distraction).

While I agree that it is a competitive disadvantage at the same time I think the NFL should have done it for the ratings. Superbowls ain't got shit on shirtless Tebow.

Back to football news very excited to see the first action of both the Eagles and Steelers. Eagles might be fucked because of the personal tragedy for the Reids but I was interested in seeing how they did this season.

Fox318

That is a bad ass avatar. I am surprised no one made one out of shirtless tebow. It would be perfect for bionic.

Jets QBs always look good in shades.

EC3LY.jpg

DHbF0.jpg

wwrkz.jpg

K5Rh6.jpg

I01rv.jpg

eGuzR.jpg

jergrah

Not sure if already posted -- but episode 1 of Hard Knocks is up for everyone to watch on HBO.com as of this morning

Via Twitter --
HBO ‏@HBO
Watch #HardKnocks: Training Camp with @MiamiDolphins Ep. 1 free on http://HBO.com. FULL EPISODE: http://itsh.bo/MTy7So @NFLFilms

As a Fins fan who lurks more than posts here -- my prediction for the QBs:
Garrard and Tannehill will be neck and neck through the start of the season. Garrard will get the nod, Matt Moore will get traded for a 6th round pick to a team who loses a backup during training camp. 2nd year QB Devlin will be the #3 as he's had a decent camp thus far. If Miami is 3-5 at mid-year mark with Garrard as the starter they'll swap to Tannehill.

Regardless of how it plays out, I dont see Matt Moore on the roster come Week 1.

Headed into the city and there's like 2 people in my car and a guy just sits in front of me staring like a mofo. So I'm just texting and typing this so I don't have to look up at him. Fucking creepy old man

Not sure if already posted -- but episode 1 of Hard Knocks is up for everyone to watch on HBO.com as of this morning

Via Twitter --
HBO ‏@HBO
Watch #HardKnocks: Training Camp with @MiamiDolphins Ep. 1 free on http://HBO.com. FULL EPISODE: http://itsh.bo/MTy7So @NFLFilms

As a Fins fan who lurks more than posts here -- my prediction for the QBs:
Garrard and Tannehill will be neck and neck through the start of the season. Garrard will get the nod, Matt Moore will get traded for a 6th round pick to a team who loses a backup during training camp. 2nd year QB Devlin will be the #3 as he's had a decent camp thus far. If Miami is 3-5 at mid-year mark with Garrard as the starter they'll swap to Tannehill.

Regardless of how it plays out, I dont see Matt Moore on the roster come Week 1.

I hope the Eagles trade for Moore. Edwards has been a total bust and they are going to cut him soon but they need some kind of vet behind Vick for when he gets hurt.

Fox318

Headed into the city and there's like 2 people in my car and a guy just sits in front of me staring like a mofo. So I'm just texting and typing this so I don't have to look up at him. Fucking creepy old man

What kind of car are you in that somebody is looking straight at you?

Godslay

Banned
What to watch for:

Denver Broncos 2012
There's a new Sheriff in town.

PGDl7.jpg

OFFENSE

Mike McCoy remains as the offensive coordinator. While he has been criticized over his play calling, he has never really had much talent in terms of the QB position. After adapting to Tebow, it will be interesting to see how what McCoy does this year given the man under center.

QB - Peyton Manning. The biggest free agent signing ever in my opinion. Manning had a series of neck surgeries last year. While he has looked very good in camp, there will always be the question of his durability until he takes a hit. In the words of John Elway, "There is no plan B". If Manning goes down, Brock Osweiler will likely step in, assuming he continues to outplay Caleb Hanie and Adam Weber in what remains of camp/preseason.

RB- Willis McGahee returns as the undisputed starter and has looked strong in camp. At this point Lance Ball is a solid, reliable, although relatively boring #2. Ronnie Hillman is listed at #3. Moreno is holding on for dear life, even though he seems like a perfect fit for this offense. Jeremiah Johnson (Mile High Mountain Man) has been making big strides in camp for a spot.

WR- Demaryius Thomas is fully healthy and is projected to have a big year. Manning hasn't had a WR this big and athletic so it will be interesting to see how he uses him this year. Decker has had flashes of looking great in camp, and has spent more time with Manning in the offseason. Decker at the moment has the most chemistry with Manning. Andre Caldwell was added in the offseason and adds a fast, deep threat. Old man Stokley returns and has looked decent so far.

TE- Jacob Tamme was added this offseason from the Colts and looks to pick up where he left off with Manning. Hopefully they can reignite the connection they had in 2010. Joel Dressen was added from the Texans. Outside of a couple of interviews I haven't heard much out of Dressen. Green will be suspended for 4 games, so it is likely to Tamme and Dreseen will carry the load.

OLINE - A solid unit, considered better run blockers than pass protectors but hopefully they can do both this year. Ryan Clady shoring up the blind side, big Orlando Franklin as the RT. Chris Kuper returns after the gory leg injury as RG. Zane Beadles as LG. The weakest link is the center with J.D. Walton. He has to improve this year .

FB - How many GRONKS can one league have?

DEFENSE

Jack Del Rio reunites with John Fox as Denver's new Defensive Coordinator. Dennis Allen was sucked out of the Mile High City, into the career black hole known as Oakland. The defense is looking to improve after a decent, but inconsistent last year.

DLINE - Jason Hunter has had an excellent camp. So much so that he has displaced Robert Ayers. Ty Warren is healthy and has looked like a man among boys apparently. Elvis Dumervil looks great and no charges were filed against him in Miami, so he will not be suspended. Derek Wolfe has looked good for a rookie so it will be nice to see him develop this year. Solid unit if they remain healthy.

WLB - DJ Williams is suspended for 6 games due to PEDs. Not much depth at this position, and they don't have to pay him for the suspension so I understand why he is still around. Wesley Woodyard is a serviceable replacement in the meantime, and Danny Trevathan has looked good for a rookie.

MLB - Joe Mays. Hopefully he is more consistent this year. The guys beneath him have been non-existent as far as I have seen.

SLB - Von Miller. Defensive Rookie of the Year 2011. Defensive Player of the Year 2012? If healthy I think he can do it.

CB - Champ Bailey. Getting older but still looking very good. Added Tracy Porter on the other side, who is a definite upgrade.

S - Mike Adams was added at SS, and seems to be a decent vet. Rahim Moore is the FS, and seems to have improved considerably after being lost during the time in games he had last year. Quinton Carter was injured in camp.

SPECIAL TEAMS

Matt Prater returns as the kicker. The true hero of the 2011 season. Britton Colquitt returns as the punter.

charsace

So how do you guys think Peyton will do?

This man had a terrible season after his 1999 knee injury:
GYI0063318642.jpg

then finally returned to Hall of Fame levels. If he couldn't do it, I don't see Peyton coming back great in his first year back either.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
As no real shock Canfora is reporting that Joe Banner will be taking over as president for the Browns replacing Holmgren.

Dragon

Banned
Is he the one that does that stupid peace thing? Man out of all the stuff on gaf people signing their posts is by far the worst.

I thought that was that Pimpwerx guy or whatever.

Reminds me of the guy who got banned after like 3 posts with a picture signature. Hilarious.

4WJ4S.png

You have 15 platinums? I don't know whether you win or lose.

As no real shock Canfora is reporting that Joe Banner will be taking over as president for the Browns replacing Holmgren.

Sucks he couldn't do that before the draft.

Top Bottom