• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 13 - NFC Teams don't need to get in the playoffs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game is actually turning out good.

2000 was the last really great year for MNF, the year of the Dennis Miller experience.

The results that year:

Sept. 4, 2000 ST. LOUIS 41, Denver 36
Sept. 11, 2000 NEW YORK JETS 20, New England 19
Sept. 18, 2000 Dallas 27, WASHINGTON 21
Sept. 25, 2000 INDIANAPOLIS 43, Jacksonville 14
Oct. 2, 2000 KANSAS CITY 24, Seattle 17
Oct. 9, 2000 MINNESOTA 30, Tampa Bay 23
Oct. 16, 2000 TENNESSEE 27, Jacksonville 13
Oct. 23, 2000 NEW YORK JETS 40, Miami 37 (OT) One of the best finishes ever.
Oct. 30, 2000 Tennessee 27, WASHINGTON 21
Nov. 6, 2000 GREEN BAY 26, Minnesota 20 (OT)
Nov. 13, 2000 DENVER 27, Oakland 24
Nov. 20, 2000 Washington 33, ST. LOUIS 20
Nov. 27, 2000 CAROLINA 31, Green Bay 14
Dec. 4, 2000 NEW ENGLAND 30, Kansas City 24
Dec. 11, 2000 INDIANAPOLIS 44, Buffalo 20
Dec. 18, 2000* TAMPA BAY 38, St. Louis 35 Great, great game.
Dec. 25, 2000 TENNESSEE 31, Dallas 0 And they end on a sour note.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
the last great MNF game was a certain bucs game in tampa not that long ago...i'm not sure if i remember the specifics...some kind of comeback or something ;)

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
al, you're becoming more senile every game. YOU CANNOT CALL A FAIR CATCH WHEN THE BALL HITS THE GROUND BEFORE IT GOES IN THE AIR YOU IDIOT

"now in this position...what you wanna do is get in field goal range."

Really, John? Thanks for that astute observation.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Lennon713 (11:26:00 PM): how many draws are gonna work?
AngryGodOfJebus (11:26:56 PM): lmao
Lennon713 (11:27:12 PM): fuck it, run another draw
AngryGodOfJebus (11:27:16 PM): lol
Lennon713 (11:27:42 PM): LAMO
AngryGodOfJebus (11:27:44 PM): lmao

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
lol @espn.com

After looking all but beaten going into the fourth quarter, the Seahawks found new life and are on the verge of a thrilling comeback victory against the Cowboys (ABC, ). Dallas trails, despite a big game by rookie tailback Julius Jones.

:lol

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
hell i think panthers beat the rams next week and vikes beat the seacawks
6-7 rams, 6-7 seachickens. good job, fellas.

then seattle plays the jets :lol ouch

my dream is for a team to win the west at 6-10

Eminem said:

dont forget we have the eagles on mnf AND the jets!

EAJAPAN

I think it'd be so awesome for a losing team to win the NFC West while Buffalo goes 9-7, maybe 10-6 and misses out.

Wait, actually that would be really shit.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Fifty said:
Get these highly competitive guys running dashes, doing a "longest throw" and "hardest throw" event. I'm sure you guys can think of some more, but it's just such a disgustingly lost opportunity

They actually did that one year, 40 yard dash and longest throw were involved. I remember both Cunningham and Favre participated in the throw competition. I'm guessing no one watched or maybe after Kevin Faulk (was it him?) blew out his knee playing beach flag football they nixed most extra competitions.

Great great game, poor Vinnie though, if he wasn't such a bonehead on some random throws he'd get into the hall of fame. Cowboys still alive for a playoff berth... I don't know whether to be happy about that or depressed about the sad state of the NFC, especially the division.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Eminem said:

If any team can win the west at 6-10, it would have to be the Rams, they've swept the Seahawks right?

DJ_Tet said:
If any team can win the west at 6-10, it would have to be the Rams, they've swept the Seahawks right?

Yep. We're actually 5-0 in the division. The only non-divisional opponent we've beaten is TB.

''A few years ago, a finesse team wouldn't be a problem for us,'' said Titans cornerback Samari Rolle, who sat out yesterday's game with a knee injury. ''I guess the league has changed to where you can get away with that stuff.'' http://www.tennessean.com/sports/columnists/biddle/archives/04/11/62416079.shtml?Element_ID=62416079

This is the type of shit that pisses me off. Seems every team the Colts destroy has to say some disrespectful shit. I might as well chime in then, the Titans, who suck so goddamn much that their coach had to try crazy madden cheese just to keep up, and they still got completely destroyed. There's a reason why you don't go for 4th and long, this isn't a videogame! What a disgrace. They never had a chance and knew it, they suck.

Can't wait for Houston next weak to get some more love from this "finesse" team.

bionic77

ESPN is biased towards evil

WTF? They put the Pats over the Steelers after they beat up on some shitty teams? Did they forget when we took the Pats to school and back and exposed Tom Brady for the man loving, no heart having, devil worshiping fraud that he is?

levious

Pats are getting healthy

but my god, polls suck, good thing pro football knows how to determine a champ properly.

levious

After the super bowl, I will deliver hot soup to you during your period of mourning.

levious

I'm not gonna claim to be a Patriots fan, but I do like them a lot, especially Brady.

I'm a Cowboys fan...

Remember those Bristol University commercials that ESPN used to run? Remember that one with Tom Jackson as a professor asking the class a question?

Tom: OK, Super Bowl XXX, Neil O'Donnell's three crucial interceptions allow Dallas to win their third Championship in four years. What could the Steelers have done differently to win?

Student 1: They could have commited more to running the ball, thus allowing the -

Tom: NEXT

Student 2: They could have run more deep post pat-

Student 3: Coach Cowher could have put in Kordell Stewart and-

Tom: People people, perhaps O'Donnel should not have thrown the interceptions? Fundamentals people, fundamentals.

bionic77

levious said:
I'm not gonna claim to be a Patriots fan, but I do like them a lot, especially Brady.

I'm a Cowboys fan...

Remember those Bristol University commercials that ESPN used to run? Remember that one with Tom Jackson as a professor asking the class a question?

Tom: OK, Super Bowl XXX, Neil O'Donnell's three crucial interceptions allow Dallas to win their third Championship in four years. What could the Steelers have done differently to win?

Student 1: They could have commited more to running the ball, thus allowing the -

Student 2: They could have run more deep post pat-

Student 3: Coach Cowher could have put in Kordell Stewart and-

Tom: People people, perhaps O'Donnel should not have thrown the interceptions? Fundamentals people, fundamentals.

A Cowboys fan with a fetish for Brady?

If you say you admire Jordan I am going to puke.

levious

I sure do, used to hate him cause I'm a knicks fan... but he won me over.

bionic77

*Bionic pukes.

Lets see, you love everything that is unholy in this world: Tom Brady, the Cowboys, and Jordan.

Next you will tell me you are big fan of Osama Bin Laden!

levious

No, but I will tell you that Lynn Swan has no business in the hall of fame if Art Monk continues to be denied.

bionic77

levious said:
No, but I will tell you that Lynn Swan has no business in the hall of fame if Art Monk continues to be denied.

I can't take any more of your blasphemy!

To the law school library! Away!

levious said:

Um, Swann had to wait 19 years to get in. Monk's only been going on 9. Relax, he'll get in.

bionic77

Spectral Glider said:
Um, Swann had to wait 19 years to get in. Monk's only been going on 9. Relax, he'll get in.

Don't try and argue with the likes of levious! He has gove over to the dark side.....

levious

I do like Ben as well... I'm just a big fan of football, there's few I hate, Brian Billick is one of them.

bionic77

levious said:
I do like Ben as well... I'm just a big fan of football, there's few I hate, Brian Billick is one of them.

Are you saying you repent from your unholy obsession of Tom Brady (I heard a rumor that he is tight with Osama AND Saddam) and willing to acknowledge that Big Ben is the NFL Messiah sent to us from heaven to deliver us from the tyranny of a New England dynasty?

bionic77

levious said:
HA, so you admit they're a dynasty!

I never said they weren't a dynasty. 2 Superbowls in 3 years is clearly a dynasty. An evil dynasty, but still a dynasty.

Thank God we have our Messiah to deliver us from the evil clutches of this vile collection of villains.

Mrbob

Bears Super Bowl started with our win over Minnesota! Time to finish the season on an 9-0 run and claim the title!

What ESPN rankings said about the niners:

We knew the 49ers wouldn't be very good, but they're even worse than we could have imagined.

:lol :lol Oh how the once mighty franchise has fallen! :lol

nfl1af6_lower.jpg

nfl1af6_lower.jpg

nfl1af6_lower.jpg

the media blows everything out of proportion. there are 6 games on our schedule that we "could" have won. its not like we're getting blown out by 40 every week.

with that said, even i will admit we are probably the worst (offense-wise) 49ers team in the history of the franchise. i think our defense is pretty mediocre too, but i think we've done an OK job on D considering the patchwork D we're playing with. there is no excuse for putting up only 6 pts against the rams and only 13 against the bears. we will be back ladies, believe that!

Mrbob

You had to rip the Bears didn't you? :lol Actually, your offense only put up 6 points on the Bears the defense got that lucky fumble returned for a TD! You might as well forget the niners exist these next five years! The Bears are going nowhere but up super bowl aspirations are almost within grasp! I'm sick of seeing the Bears with losing seasons! :lol After watching this defense over the year starting to mold into something which could end up spectacular, I'm trying my best to keep my hopes low so I don't get burnt!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Heh, I feel just like you do FMT, only in reverse. Giants were 4-1 then 5-2 and the media was jizzing all over them, even though I knew they weren't that good (check out the links in my first post if you doubt me!). Here we are with a more realistic record (though losing games we should have won argh) and now we're the biggest disappointment ever. Well we are, but come on, any G-Men fan would have known this was inevitable.

After two late season collapses, i am beginning to feel like a Vikings fan.

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
Wellington said:
Heh, I feel just like you do FMT, only in reverse. Giants were 4-1 then 5-2 and the media was jizzing all over them, even though I knew they weren't that good (check out the links in my first post if you doubt me!). Here we are with a more realistic record (though losing games we should have won argh) and now we're the biggest disappointment ever. Well we are, but come on, any G-Men fan would have known this was inevitable.

After two late season collapses, i am beginning to feel like a Vikings fan.

I don't understand why the media is hating on Manning. There's no way we would have won any of these game with Warner as our QB. Our WR's get no space, Tiki is tiring, our O Line is inconsistent, and now our defense is falling apart. The main reasons we were winning early in the season were Tiki's incredible play, and more importantly our defense forcing turnovers. I don't remember us forcing a fumble or getting an INT in the last 3 weeks, we did it 7 times for Warner in 1 game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom