• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 16 |OT| The Comeback is Bigger than the Win

Not one Texans player I follow has posted on Twitter since that complete embarrassment yesterday. Thats a good thing since they should be hiding their heads in complete shame for the incompetance and lack of motivation they showed.

The hell is this avatar?Mech has cracked.

None of the other rookie QBs make the playoffs in Indy.

RG3 gets killed behind that line, Russell can't throw it 30+ a game.

In terms of protection the Colts o line is only slightly worse than the Skins bro.

And why can't Russell throw the ball 30+ a game?

Also as far as tanking--Colts fans need to be real, you guys tanked with zero fucks given last year and it's not even really debatable.

We're talkin about Curtis Painter.

Can I say that again.

We talkin about Curtis Painter. We talkin about Kerry Collins. Act like their weren't guys available on a 1 year deal that didn't deserve to be throwing at flag football games at college campuses. Act like it.

Reggie Wayne questioning subtle tank moves said:
We don't even know him, we ain't vanilla, man, we ain't no simple offense. So for him to can come in here and be the starter, I don't see it. I think that's a step back.

I mean if you start Curtis Painter you're literally forfeiting games. They passed on guys on the waiver wire.

And Bob Kravitz a writer for the indy star agrees.

The Indianapolis Colts are tanking.

That became official Wednesday when we learned Curtis Painter would be the starting quarterback once again Sunday against Carolina.

The Polian-led front office and the coach, Jim Caldwell, sent a loud, clear message, not only to the fans and the rest of the NFL, but to every man in that locker room that winning is no longer a priority

Here's the thing though. There's nothing wrong with tanking in these situations. It's hard to get a franchise QB, and when the stars align you should absolutely do what you can to be in a position to get those guys. But lets call a spade a spade.

MechDX

The hell is this avatar?Mech has cracked.

Hey! If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Matt Schaub, my QB, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Kirby Dr with Gary Kubiak and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit he is! Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?

1. Kansas City (2-13)
2. Jacksonville (2-13)
3. Oakland (4-11)
4. Philadelphia (4-11)
5. Detroit (4-11)
6. Buffalo (5-10)
7. Cleveland (5-10)
8. Tennessee (5-10)
9. Arizona (5-10)
10. San Diego (6-9)
11. New York Jets (6-9)
12. Tampa Bay (6-9)
13. Carolina (6-9)
14. Pittsburgh (7-8)
15. Miami (7-8)
16. New Orleans (7-8)
17. St. Louis (7-7-1)
18. Dallas (8-7)
19. New York Giants (8-7)
20. Chicago (9-6)
21. Cincinnati* (9-6)
22. St. Louis - from Washington* (9-6)
23. Minnesota* (9-6)
24. Indianapolis* (10-5)
25. Baltimore* (10-5)
26. Seattle* (10-5)
27. San Francisco* (10-4-1)
28. New England* (11-4)
29. Green Bay* (11-4)
30. Denver* (12-3)
31. Houston* (12-3)
32. Atlanta* (13-2)

Panthers fucking up the tank. Oh well, we picked up the DROY at 9 this year.

Hey! If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Matt Schaub, my QB, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Kirby Dr with Gary Kubiak and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit he is! Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?

lol I told you Texans was frauds.But you aint wanna listen.

Eh, you adios Rolle, Tuck and probably Diehl and Eli restructures like all QB's do and you're perfectly fine.

Eli restructured for this season, I am sure he wouldn't mind doing it again but his cap hit for the 2014 season will be ridiculous..they need to cut some dead weight, and build from the draft, Reese is good at finding players in the draft but shitty in FA i thought he over paid Canty...another reason we have to dump some of these contracts, need to Sign Cruz, Nicks and JPP...

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
1. Kansas City (2-13)
2. Jacksonville (2-13)
3. Oakland (4-11)
4. Philadelphia (4-11)
5. Detroit (4-11)
6. Buffalo (5-10)
7. Cleveland (5-10)
8. Tennessee (5-10)
9. Arizona (5-10)
10. San Diego (6-9)
11. New York Jets (6-9)
12. Tampa Bay (6-9)
13. Carolina (6-9)
14. Pittsburgh (7-8)
15. Miami (7-8)
16. New Orleans (7-8)
17. St. Louis (7-7-1)
18. Dallas (8-7)
19. New York Giants (8-7)
20. Chicago (9-6)
21. Cincinnati* (9-6)
22. St. Louis - from Washington* (9-6)
23. Minnesota* (9-6)
24. Indianapolis* (10-5)
25. Baltimore* (10-5)
26. Seattle* (10-5)
27. San Francisco* (10-4-1)
28. New England* (11-4)
29. Green Bay* (11-4)
30. Denver* (12-3)
31. Houston* (12-3)
32. Atlanta* (13-2)

Shouldn't we be ahead of the Bills in the draft? They did beat us this year.

bionic77

No matter what happens to the Pats in the playoffs they had a better season than the Steelers.lol you lost the Browns and Raiders.
Are the Pats going to raise a Lions style banner to celebrate the fact that their mediocre team was at least better than the Steelers?

Weird in Pittsburgh it is Superbowl or bust. These clowns failed so we are blowing it up. Trading for Tebow, getting a new head coach, and convincing Seattle's pharmacist to come work for us.

MechDX

lol I told you Texans was frauds.But you aint wanna listen.

Team has played good up until the last few weeks, then they hit the Schaub wall and have cowered in fear. I still think that if they get the Pats in the playoffs the outcome will be a lot different. I fear the Broncos way more than the Patriots at this point.

But hey at least my team is in the playoffs and Im not focused on the excitement of Tebow coming to town. We are getting Flacco next year so all is well!

Team has played good up until the last few weeks, then they hit the Schaub wall and have cowered in fear. I still think that if they get the Pats in the playoffs the outcome will be a lot different. I fear the Broncos way more than the Patriots at this point.

But hey at least my team is in the playoffs and Im not focused on the excitement of Tebow coming to town. We are getting Flacco next year so all is well!

Look at what you calling me a Jag fan has done to you.

Dragon

Banned

It's not just Schaub you know. Your defense has been awful lately. Which is a concern because you guys don't come back in games with the way your offense is structured.

Seattle players wanted to run up the sore on Harbaugh because he honked at bus and wave after they beat Seattle early in the year.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...gh-honked-after-last-win?campaign=Twitter_atl

Carroll's a bigger idiot than Belichick. Sherman is going to get off that suspension too!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Not one Texans player I follow has posted on Twitter since that complete embarrassment yesterday. Thats a good thing since they should be hiding their heads in complete shame for the incompetance and lack of motivation they showed.

Were you watching the Giants game by mistake?

MechDX

It's not just Schaub you know. Your defense has been awful lately. Which is a concern because you guys don't come back in games with the way your offense is structured.

Cushing is the lynch pin of that defense and he does so many things good. When he went down that is when the struggles started. You can not just replace him.

MechDX

Look at what you calling me a Jag fan has done to you.

gatorsanta_zpse956efe4.jpg

"Stop being naughty gator!"

bionic77

Were you watching the Giants game by mistake?
Eli totally had sex. His goober powers are no more. Might want to trade him before anyone figures it out.

Same thing happened to Ben, except he stopped raping fat chicks and all of a sudden we can't beat the Bungles.

Mrbob

Is it bad for me to kind of want the Bears to shit the bed on Sunday? Get rid of Lovie and bring in Sean Payton as head coach! Of course the Bears would probably grab Todd Haley instead. Be careful what you wish for!

Texans are the Bears of the AFC. If the defense doesn't come through and make some plays they are screwed as the offense can't do it alone.

We are getting Flacco next year so all is well!

Enjoy him.

People at home have completely forgotten about the past few weeks because of yesterday. Reason why I'm not impressed (other than my obvious history and bias of hating Flacco).

1- It was a home game. He usually is passable at home, and occasionally decent. If this was on the road, I'd be impressed.

2- The Giants defense is bad, and their pass defense is 28th.

3- Joe Flacco is a professional NFL quarterback and on occasion, should put up a good game. It happens to them all. Billy Volek had a big game once too.

4 (edit) - Our recievers made some real nice plays, from catches to YAC, making Flacco look good. I still think Torrey Smith and Boldin compliment eachother well. Oh, and Texans fans, Jacoby looked good too. I love me some Jacoby the Baltimore Sleeper Agent.

So now we get, most likely, the Colts in round 1 at home. We can win that game. Great. We're not a Superbowl Caliber team, and It'll just assure Flacco a contract. Sad now.

Mrbob

In retrospect, that Falcons beat down the Giants isn't impressive at all. The reeling and inept Ravens crushed the Giants as well.

So much for a signature win.

MechDX

As shitty as the Texans offense was yesterday the defense held AP to 86 yards rushing. Too bad Ponder had 50+ rushing.....

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Several #Browns players were miffed that the club put T.Richardson and Colt McCoy in harm's way on final drive, stopping clock, passing.

Colt McCoy, who finished the game under siege, getting sacked four times in 29 snaps, had that glazed look in his eyes discussing the prospect of finishing the season in Pittsburgh. McCoy and others on offense were not pleased that coach Pat Shurmur set up a final possession in a rout by using three timeouts on Denver’s last series.

Good old Pat. He has worked hard to absolutely destroy any potential future career he has in the NFL.

Striker

Eh, you adios Rolle, Tuck and probably Diehl and Eli restructures like all QB's do and you're perfectly fine.
I think Canty, Rolle, and Snee can all restructure.

Cuts can, and should be, the following:

Justin Tuck (unless he also restructures, stays one more year he has left on his deal; becomes third DE and accepts backup role)
Corey Webster
Ahmad Bradshaw
David Diehl

Make a hard decision on Michael Boley (around $4M base, unsure on bonus money), and then there's Osi who is gone. Re-sign Andre Brown and put a good offer on RFA Stevie Brown. It is definitely going to make an interesting offseason finally for a Giants fan. Many vets who are simply way overpaid or just broken down at this point, and it's time to cut loose.

My god, who designed the 9ers website? I went to watch some Harbaugh tears and wow. They somehow managed to make the shittacular NFL template worse in every way.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Texans are the Bears of the AFC. If the defense doesn't come through and make some plays they are screwed as the offense can't do it alone.

But they did make some plays. The offense was the problem yesterday if anything.

Did anyone just hear Merril Hodge's rant on Tebow? Saying he's not a team player, a terrible football player, that he would make the Jags worse if he went there. What the fuck was he on about?

Dragon

Banned
I would wrestle to protect his honor. Who wouldn't?

I think that breaks some kind of commandment. Thou shall not protect a shitty quarterback. Just ask Lomas Brown.

Did anyone just hear Merril Hodge's rant on Tebow? Saying he's not a team player, a terrible football player, that he would make the Jags worse if he went there. What the fuck was he on about?

Yeah if I was on there I'd be just like him. He's definitely a terrible quarterback.

jakncoke

Banned
I wonder if there will ever be a class like 1974 Steelers draft class again. Man would be sweet to hit like that again this year. We sure need it. Reading Mike Webster name made me think of something yesterday, Is Pounceys legs made of puddy? fucking hell always hurt one way or another

bionic77

He obviously wanted to fuck Tebow and Tebow said no. First because he is a virgin and also because his religion forbids sex with bum ass nobodies.

Top Bottom