• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 9 |OT| Gronkenstorm

squicken

Wonder if S-Jax or D'Angelo will actually be traded at all today.....

d'angelo still has too much money left and sjax isn't getting any sort of decent interest so both will stay i think. i thought the rams would have moved sjax just to free up $3.5m in cap room for this year, but i guess not

LevelNth

Banned
There is no way that is true. They are 1-4 since Kelce went out. The guy they have at center wouldnt even make another teams roster, and this is a fact since he spent 3 years on the Eagles practice squad and no one ever tried to pick him up. The only game they won since Kelce got hurt was against the Giants, and it was the only game that the opponent didnt just blitz the Eagles up the middle. Every play gets blown up by guys coming through the center unblocked, they ant run because of it and all their passes are super quick just get the ball out of Vicks hands before he gets destroyed type. Other teams might be worse in terms of guards and tackles but the Eagles center is so far below NFL standards that he drags the whole group down with him. By far the biggest mistake Reid has ever made as a coach was letting Dallas Reyonlds play for him.
Meh I'd take the Eagles line over the Cards, Jags, Panthers, Raiders or Chargers any day of the week.

Also, humorous stat I just saw:
RT @PFF_Sam: Adrian Peterson is averaging 3.17 yards per rush AFTER contact this year. That's better than GB's Alex Green's total average
Oh Green Bay, taking sucking to a whole new level.

eznark

Banned
Meh I'd take the Eagles line over the Cards, Jags, Panthers, Raiders or Chargers any day of the week.

Also, humorous stat I just saw:

Oh Green Bay, taking sucking to a whole new level.

Packers are right at 3.8 YPA, just like 2010! Repeat the formula!

I think they need a loss this Sunday to have a shot at 10-6 though.

Dragon

Banned
Patriots need to finish 11-5 or 14-2 to have a shot at winning the SB. Since 14-2 is impossible unless those cheating Ravens vacate their win, 11-5 it is.

Patriots need to finish 11-5 or 14-2 to have a shot at winning the SB. Since 14-2 is impossible unless those cheating Ravens vacate their win, 11-5 it is.
You guys should just let the Dolphins win the division and shoot for a wildcard spot. You'd have a better chance at winning the SB that way.

Bowser

I love how different his response was from Cam's. It's like Cam finds a way to be whiny about everything, haha.

I was thinking the same, he holds himself exactly the same in Wednesday pressers as post-loss pressers. Guy is just a child. I thought he was a sore loser but I think he's just a petulant 12 year old.

lol fuck off. I can't imagine the media firestorm that would come if Cam had said those exact words and not RGIII. Media's in the tank for Bob, and why? Cause he's won 3 games? Big whoop. In the end, the Skins will finish 6-10/7-9, then next season, the real test will come.

lol fuck off. I can't imagine the media firestorm that would come if Cam had said those exact words and not RGIII. Media's in the tank for Bob, and why? Cause he's won 3 games? Big whoop. In the end, the Skins will finish 6-10/7-9, then next season, the real test will come.
I actually liked Cam before this season so it's not like I'm looking for a reason to be down on him. I'm just calling it like I see it, and honestly his attitude this year has caused me to lose a lot of respect for him.

If Cam had given RGIII's answer it wouldn't have made sense given Cam's current level of play and where the team is right now. I agree with you that RGIII's current success isn't necessarily indicative of anything in the future but we aren't there yet so we're working with what we've got.

Cam has a serious attitude problem, and anyone who isn't a Panthers fan can see that clear as day.

squicken

Lakers are 0-2? I thought they had the best roster ever?

Ravens season will be done after this weekend.

I think the Ravens will be in free-fall soon. They are reliant on Flacco now to lead them to wins, and he just can't do it. The more their defense struggles the more pressure he feels, and he isn't that kind of QB

I think the Ravens will be in free-fall soon. They are reliant on Flacco now to lead them to wins, and he just can't do it. The more their defense struggles the more pressure he feels, and he isn't that kind of QB

Lakers are an old team. There is still a ton of time for them to turn it around of course but I dont think they are going to win the title this year.

Greg

it's as bad as hockey and baseball where the early games don't mean much because you still have 300 more to play

GO HEAT!

squicken

The ultimate gata betrayal. Tebow on Urban.

Q: What's your relationship like with Coach Meyer now?

A: My relationship is great with Coach Meyer, we're still really close. We talked two nights ago and we talk before most of his games. I always try to watch and make sure that they're doing good.

And I guess as hard as it is for me to say, I am a pretty big fan now of The Ohio State University. And not just Coach, but Coach Mick [strength coach Mickey Marotti] and [receivers coach] Zach Smith and guys I talk to like Braxton, I've talked to him a few times, I've been encouraging him and talking to him and getting to know him a little bit. So yeah, I definitely have been watching and keeping up and I have a great relationship with him.

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2012/10/tim_tebow_on_ohio_state_qb_bra.html#incart_river

Sanjuro

Dkekl.jpg

Master Gronk. Apparently he wears this and plays Victor Cruz's team in Halo 4 on ESPN later today.

d'angelo still has too much money left and sjax isn't getting any sort of decent interest so both will stay i think. i thought the rams would have moved sjax just to free up $3.5m in cap room for this year, but i guess not

I agree that dealing SJax makes a lot of sense for the Rams. This is still a team desperately in need of draft picks and he's just going to walk at the end of the year anyway. They don't even really need him now that Richardson has panned out. But there's what, maybe 5 teams who might consider a RB with that cap hit? Cards, Packers, maybe the Colts or Jets?

DeAngelo's contract is bad but just saw the NFL rules on cap hit if he were traded. :jnc What a disaster

Bowser

DeAngelo's contract is bad but just saw the NFL rules on cap hit if he were traded. :jnc What a disaster

The cap hit isn't THAT bad:

For Williams, the $3.2 million bonus allocation would continue to apply this year. For a post-June 1 trade, the remaining $9.6 million would apply not this year but next year.

The cap charge would be offset by avoiding Williams’ $4.75 million base salary next season, which means that the Panthers would carry a net hit of $4.85 million in 2013, if they trade Williams before the 2012 trade deadline.

Yeah, a $5m hit isn't insignificant, but it's not impossible to take either.

squicken

I agree that dealing SJax makes a lot of sense for the Rams. This is still a team desperately in need of draft picks and he's just going to walk at the end of the year anyway. They don't even really need him now that Richardson has panned out. But there's what, maybe 5 teams who might consider a RB with that cap hit? Cards, Packers, maybe the Colts or Jets?

I honestly think it's just psychology for the Rams. I'm sure they'd trade SJAX for a conditional 7th round pick. But then what does that say to the rest of the team? Hard to ask players to take the punishment that they do when the front office is saying the season is over. For some teams it makes sense b/c the front office wants the players to quit. But if they could have moved him they could have accelerated lots of Bradford's bonus money into 2012

I've kind of been reading over that cap hit stuff. I think the Rams could trade Bradford if they did it after June 1st. Cap hit would be $3.5m for 2013 and then $7m for 2014. Base salary is $8m guaranteed so no way to to cut him, but it's the last year of guaranteed money.

That was why they couldn't draft RG3. To trade Bradford would have been a $14m cap hit on 2012, and the other team would have had to absorb $20m in guaranteed salary. #2, #2, #1 overall, under old system, in three straight years, destroyed their cap

Week 9 referee assignments:

http://www.football-refs.com/nfl-referees-by-season/2012-crews/week-9/

THU, NOV 1
Kansas City at San Diego – Alberto Riveron

SUN, NOV 4
Denver at Cincinnati – Scott Green
Baltimore at Cleveland – Jeff Triplette
Arizona at Green Bay – Walt Coleman
Chicago at Tennessee – Terry McAulay
Miami at Indianapolis – Tony Corrente
Carolina at Washington – Carl Cheffers
Detroit at Jacksonville – Gene Steratore
Buffalo at Houston – Bill Vinovich (with Ron Winter‘s crew)
Tampa Bay at Oakland – Walt Anderson
Minnesota at Seattle – Jerome Boger
Pittsburgh at NY Giants – Bill Leavy
Dallas at Atlanta – John Parry

MON, NOV 5
Philadelphia at New Orleans – Clete Blakeman

UGH Bill Leavy for the Giants/Steelers game.

squicken

BET THE FARM ON WASHINGTON

Rick Gosselin ‏@RickGosselinDMN
Carl Cheffers and his crew officiated Green Bay game today. Home teams are now 23-3 in last 26 games officiated by his crew.

Top Bottom