• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 9 |OT| Gronkenstorm

cashman

Banned
As in 2012? Based on what? It was a fucking miserable year and I've spent the last month yelling at people (not on GAF as much since I didn't see any Brewers fans say it) who claimed the season was "successful" because they turned it around.

I was positive about a few individual players like Weeks and Peralta though.

I just remember you saying that you didn't really care about making the playoffs that year and just wanted to beat out the Pirates.

eznark

Banned
I just remember you saying that you didn't really care about making the playoffs that year and just wanted to beat out the Pirates.

Yeah, even losers need goals to keep fighting the good fight! At the end of the season they were still losers and I certainly never pretended like 2012 was a great year to build on or some bullshit platitude "everyone is a winner" fuckery.

You know what that's about.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I was without internet for like 2 days! Sucks to forget your charging cable! :(

Anyway, late comments on the MNF game. Skelton really isn't that bad of a quarterback, just needs more than a second to throw the ball. Arizona has loads of problems but shockingly, the quarterback play seemed pretty serviceable when he actually had time. Arizona's secondary was competing with Green Bay and the Saints for worst secondary in the NFC apparently. They were shockingly horrible. It may have actually been among the worst displays of a secondary I've ever seen.

Also, more Star Wars movies! WOOOOOOOO!

eznark

Banned
If my team is going to suck I'd rather they go implode in the worst way possible, fuck this 8-8 bullshit.

I think your left fielder murdering a fan during a game is the most spectacular way for any team to implode. The Rangers will never be topped.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
camilla-belle-at-cfda-awards.jpg

That's a more flattering photo. Does anyone even find that kind of excessive level of makeup attractive on a girl?

camilla-belle-nose-job.jpg

Not just makeup dat nosejob

Cowboys are garbage!

mr2xxx

Banned
I was without internet for like 2 days! Sucks to forget your charging cable! :(

Anyway, late comments on the MNF game. Skelton really isn't that bad of a quarterback, just needs more than a second to throw the ball. Arizona has loads of problems but shockingly, the quarterback play seemed pretty serviceable when he actually had time. Arizona's secondary was competing with Green Bay and the Saints for worst secondary in the NFC apparently. They were shockingly horrible. It may have actually been among the worst displays of a secondary I've ever seen.

Also, more Star Wars movies! WOOOOOOOO!

It's ok to not give us credit when we do good but to take the title of "Worst secondary In the NFL" from us, well fuck you good sir. We have earned that with blood,sweat and not tackling Victor Cruz.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Movember has begun, my facial hair is trash. This will be a month of suffering for me.

Also you guys are all wrong that black dude with Tebow is the guy who played Winston from the Ghostbusters movies.

eznark

Banned
I love how different his response was from Cam's. It's like Cam finds a way to be whiny about everything, haha.

I was thinking the same, he holds himself exactly the same in Wednesday pressers as post-loss pressers. Guy is just a child. I thought he was a sore loser but I think he's just a petulant 12 year old.

Brinbe

Was there someone in the offseason that you wanted them to sign that they didnt? They will also use some of that money to lock up younger guys who are coming up on free agency. The Eagles also have the highest paid coaching staff in the NFL, so it isnt like Lurie is just pocketing the money.

Oh yeah, Lurie isn't cheap, and we do have a lot of young guys in the line-up, it's just a remarkable discrepancy, especially when we consider that Vick's likely gone next year. Hopefully, we put that space to some good use next off-season.

And speaking on Vick, this was a pretty good breakdown on the shitty offense this past week. Looks like he's simply missing plays out there. Which pretty much affirms what we saw during the game. Just terrible decision-making. http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2012/10/31/all-22-why-the-eagles-offense-is-a-mess/

All-in-all, I'm confident that Foles could do better.

Oh yeah, Lurie isn't cheap, and we do have a lot of young guys in the line-up, it's just a remarkable discrepancy, especially when we consider that Vick's likely gone next year. Hopefully, we put that space to some good use next off-season.

And speaking on Vick, this was a pretty good breakdown on the shitty offense this past week. Looks like he's simply missing plays out there. Which pretty much affirms what we saw during the game. Just terrible decision-making. http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2012/10/31/all-22-why-the-eagles-offense-is-a-mess/

All-in-all, I'm confident that Foles could do better.

Those are some great breakdowns and Vick definitely does miss open guys but a huge part of that is the immediate pressure. If you watch him it is clear he is expecting to get pressured every play. Most plays he is looking at the line first and then the WRs second. I dont ee how you can be confident Foles could do better. He is a rookie, he is much slower then Vick, and he had a big problem with turnovers in college. I think we will see him at somepoint this year, but it is going to be bad when we do. The Eagles OL is the worst in the league by far.

Brinbe

Those are some great breakdowns and Vick definitely does miss open guys but a huge part of that is the immediate pressure. If you watch him it is clear he is expecting to get pressured every play. Most plays he is looking at the line first and then the WRs second. I dont ee how you can be confident Foles could do better. He is a rookie, he is much slower then Vick, and he had a big problem with turnovers in college. I think we will see him at somepoint this year, but it is going to be bad when we do. The Eagles OL is the worst in the league by far.

Well, I'm confident because Foles also played behind an atrocious O-Line at Arizona (with no weapons), and he put up huge numbers. So he's used to getting the ball out when needed and has the pocket awareness (being 6-6 helps) to avoid sacks and get rid of the ball when needed.

This was already apparent in preseason and it'll come true in regular season. And most importantly, I think he's improved his accuracy from what it was in college, when he was a bit shaky, so he can make the throws that are needed to move the offense.

And I'm not saying he's definitely gonna be amazing, but he can be consistent, which is all this short-strike offense needs with the weapons it has. You get it out and let the playmakers do their thing. Vick isn't even giving them an opportunity right now.

But anyway, this is all for naught because the D is an even bigger problem. No pass rush, no chance.

I disagree, and can easily name 5 (if not more) worse.

There is no way that is true. They are 1-4 since Kelce went out. The guy they have at center wouldnt even make another teams roster, and this is a fact since he spent 3 years on the Eagles practice squad and no one ever tried to pick him up. The only game they won since Kelce got hurt was against the Giants, and it was the only game that the opponent didnt just blitz the Eagles up the middle. Every play gets blown up by guys coming through the center unblocked, they ant run because of it and all their passes are super quick just get the ball out of Vicks hands before he gets destroyed type. Other teams might be worse in terms of guards and tackles but the Eagles center is so far below NFL standards that he drags the whole group down with him. By far the biggest mistake Reid has ever made as a coach was letting Dallas Reyonlds play for him.

Milchjon

Poor puppy

San Francisco 49ers quarterback Alex Smith did not break the NFL completion percentage record for a game, according to the San Jose Mercury News.

Smith completed 18 of 19 passes in Monday night's 24-3 shellacking of the Arizona Cardinals, one pass shy of the minimum 20 attempts needed to qualify for the record. Tuesday, the 49ersasked the NFL to review a fourth-quarter toss to Michael Crabtree that was ruled a lateral.

Top Bottom