• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFS Hot Pursuit Remastered - Nov 6 PC/XBO/PS4 Nov 13 Switch

GustavoLT

giphy.gif

Kuranghi

I really enjoyed that trailer haha, just the right tone/amount of cheesiness. Great way to explain the content with in-world text as well. Better than some crap montage at the end thats totally out of context with the live action at the beginning.

Now its time for the gammer pedant shit, wtf was there no motion blur? lol

I'm guessing you loved it too? :messenger_tears_of_joy: Fair enough mate.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Wonder if my Steam copy gets a free upgrade. Surely on PC I can just bump that shit up myself? Never even started it up before.

Kuranghi

Wonder if my Steam copy gets a free upgrade. Surely on PC I can just bump that shit up myself? Never even started it up before.

I tried it 2018 and I had problems with stuttering and weather effects visually missing (still affected the driving in the same way though) + some framerate issues so I just left it until something like this happened.

Unknown?

Is this even good? I skipped out on it initially because it looked like burnout with an NFS wrapper. Don't get me wrong I love burnout but I don't want to play it with an NFS branding.

shit yeah!...if they do a solid job on the first code without release day patches, I might need the cart

i was just thinking i need a good arcade racer on switch and while the gimmick of mario kart live is badass, i just don't give a shit

sn0man

shit yeah!...if they do a solid job on the first code without release day patches, I might need the cart

i was just thinking i need a good arcade racer on switch and while the gimmick of mario kart live is badass, i just don't give a shit
“Get cross-platform multiplayer and Autolog, enhanced visuals, all main DLC delivered at launch, and much more. It’s time to reignite the pursuit.”

Also....

“Depending on your specifications, 4K/60 FPS is supported on PC, and players can choose between 4K/30 FPS or 1080p/60 FPS on PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X. Base versions of PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will run the game at 1080p/30 FPS. In addition to the listed improvements for the Nintendo Switch version, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC versions are also updated with upressed UI, higher resolution reflections, boosted textures, more particles, and improved AA/SSAO.”

spartan30gr

1080p/60 frames on both ps4 pro,and xbox one x,and 1080p./30 on ps4 pro and xbox one
I hope to see an update fot the next gen machines

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
That was a really cool trailer....but this remaster looks lazy for PC players.
Just give us a patch with the .ini edits that has higher particles and AO.

We know crossplay can be patched into games so that isnt something that need to charge us for.

please tell me i can use my switch in handheld mode as a steering wheel

i know it makes seeing the screen a little harder sometimes, but i fucking love motion controls in fps...seems like racers would be badass too

Orta

Banned
The absolute STATE of that fucking ad. If I wasn't aware of how good a game HP is that ad would have me dismiss it out of hand. Typical EA shite.

Anywho, depending how much an upgrade it is I'll get it again for PC. Definitely buying the Switch version though, be a blast to have a game like that on a portable system.

Last edited:

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Isn't this already a PS4/XB1 game? What is remastered?

YuLY

Hot Pursuit was a really good NFS game, but I cannot help but feel that for some reason, EA just avoids remastering Underground 2. Do we actually have an explanation why we havent got one yet? everywhere I look, thats the most beloved one from the entire francise.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Hot Pursuit was a really good NFS game, but I cannot help but feel that for some reason, EA just avoids remastering Underground 2. Do we actually have an explanation why we havent got one yet? everywhere I look, thats the most beloved one from the entire francise.
I don't think they've ever given a statement on it. I would like an Underground 1+2 remaster like THPS1+2. I'm sure licensing issues would be fairly minor (music and cars).

diffusionx

Gold Member
I have the old game on Steam, it looks and runs fine, except for the online system. What is this new one bringing for PC that flipping the servers back on would not?

diffusionx

Gold Member

Underground 2 would probably need a full remake. It's from what, 2003?

This is one of those "PC version ported to the newer consoles" jobs that is a lot quicker and easier.

Fake

After Crysis Remastered and Dragon Quest XI S everything is possible, right?

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
And you shouldn't buy it? No one cares about the 12 pc keks who fall for it.

With this kind of thinking, EA will never change. And I think they could have done a better remaster on console too like REAL high res new textures, HDR support, corrected TOD and shadows, better SSAO implementation and more
And I'll add that maybe EA is testing the water for a follow up ? If so and the remaster sells poorly what happens ? I really loved this episode but I wont buy that lazy work.

Last edited:

YuLY

Underground 2 would probably need a full remake. It's from what, 2003?

This is one of those "PC version ported to the newer consoles" jobs that is a lot quicker and easier.
Thats true, but it still has to be more of a safer thing to do than all these new ones right ? I imagine the community would overwhelmingly choose Underground 2 remake instead of Payback, Heat or The Run... Its just weird they havent done it yet.

Top Bottom