• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFS Hot Pursuit Remastered - Nov 6 PC/XBO/PS4 Nov 13 Switch

wipeout364

It’s a pretty disappointing remake, I’ve played a couple of hours in Xbox one X on a 4 K TV and it looks kind of terrible and still has sound bugs. My son who has never seen the game before asked if it was an old game and not in a complimentary way based on how it looks. It’s like a zero effort remaster, It was way overpriced for what it is. It’s a fun game but charging that much for this little effort is sad.

Agent X

Doesn't appear that you can do custom soundtracks - you can just select sequential or shuffle for the in game play list. If you want to play your own, you'll need to mute the in game music and play your own music in the background.

That's how they handled music in Burnout Paradise Remastered, too.

Yeah that's frustrating, as it was great before, also I noticed in the "Photo" mode you can't actually take a picture? All you can do is zoom, pan around etc...one event difference I did notice is that you get to check out a police event in a classic 911 porsche which I can't recall ever being in the original version..

I guess that is because (unlike PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360) the current systems have image capturing functions in their operating systems. You can easily snap a photo, then download or share it. This would provide many advantages over the original game from 2010, but possibly also one disadvantage.

In the original game from 2010, you could share your photos within the game itself, by uploading them to EA's server. Your friends could check your "wall" and see any photos that you've chosen to share. If the game itself does not contain a full-fledged photo mode, then it might not be possible to perform this form of photo sharing within the game.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

ManaByte

Gold Member
Game is fucking good, outside of the "Ultimate Road Car" which makes me want to break some controller looking back. Fuck that race.

However remaster is bad, as all remasters usually are. Should be like 20 bucks tops.

You can get it for $25 if you have Gamepass.

Just load NFS Heat (which is actually pretty fun, play it) and you can get Hot Pursuit Remastered for $25 via the NFS in-game store.

I'm enjoying the 60fps mode actually.

Agent X

That's a good addition to the game. I haven't bought the "remastered" game yet, but this is the type of post-release support that steers me a little closer to an eventual purchase.

Areiz

Banned
That's a good addition to the game. I haven't bought the "remastered" game yet, but this is the type of post-release support that steers me a little closer to an eventual purchase.
Isn't the Ratchet and Clank ps4 game a remaster like this?

bender

What time is it?

giphy.gif

Agent X

No, Ratchet & Clank on PS4 is an entirely new game. It's considered to be a reboot of the first game in the series from PS2, as it follows a similar (not identical) story. However, the gameplay structure has been completely rewritten, and it includes many elements from more recent R&C games.

Rudius

Finally a 4K60 for next generation. I already got the platinum for this game, but will play some more on PS5. It's my least favorite Hot Pursuit, but still good.

Top Bottom