• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFS Hot Pursuit Remastered - Nov 6 PC/XBO/PS4 Nov 13 Switch

Is there a different Activision from the one that does the Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater games? If not, then no, they're not even close to outdoing Activision on this stuff.
Strange that you think of those 3 games as “remasters.” They’re clearly rebuilt from the ground up while using completely different engines from the originals, putting them more in “remake” territory.

If you actually want to talk “remasters,” it isn’t even close.

JaseMath

This is disappointing as shit—literally couldn't tell a difference in the comparison—but at least the PS4 Pro runs at 1080/60 🤷‍♂️

GenericUser

Rubber Banding Simulator 2020. No thanks. Besides, the game does NOT support 60fps on base consoles. What a shame. But the tree leaves look more defined now - that's .... something.

Esca

Love the game but this is about as low effort as it gets. MW 05 would of been worth an actual remake, this, this is just lazy

Puskas

I’m happy about being able to play HP on my PS4 but this game should’ve been easily 60fps on the base consoles.

This game will likely be half of the current asking price a month or two after release as well.

I see no reason to get this day one.

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

I’m happy about being able to play HP on my PS4 but this game should’ve been easily 60fps on the base consoles.

This game will likely be half of the current asking price a month or two after release as well.

I see no reason to get this day one.
So in that case stick with the original for the time being? The other question is can you still get the DLC for that?

Max_Po

Banned
Slightly fixed.

EA's finally doing console remasters, and so far, they're doing a better job than Activision/Ubisoft.

Here's to hoping Dead Space, Mass Effect, and Mirror's Edge aren't far off.

Activision has done million times a better job
.in my opinion.

Crash Spyro And that Crash Kart game.

Agent X

Strange that you think of those 3 games as “remasters.” They’re clearly rebuilt from the ground up while using completely different engines from the originals, putting them more in “remake” territory.

If you actually want to talk “remasters,” it isn’t even close.

Those games really are more like "remakes" rather than "remasters, but regardless of how you view them, I'm looking at the total effort put into them.

With regard to Burnout Paradise Remastered, you could make the argument that the original version was only about 10 years old at the time, and still looked good enough that they didn't need to do as much to bring it up to modern standards. Even so, there's more that could have been done. For instance, the weather effects could have been improved upon, instead of being eliminated altogether.

Those games really are more like "remakes" rather than "remasters, but regardless of how you view them, I'm looking at the total effort put into them.

With regard to Burnout Paradise Remastered, you could make the argument that the original version was only about 10 years old at the time, and still looked good enough that they didn't need to do as much to bring it up to modern standards. Even so, there's more that could have been done. For instance, the weather effects could have been improved upon, instead of being eliminated altogether.
Really not sure what you’re arguing at this point. I never claimed EA remasters were ideal; just that compared to the other big publishers, so far I prefer their approach.

I’m talking strictly about remasters (not remakes), and for me, this and Burnout from EA are much better remasters than the abysmal Prototype 1 & 2 from Acti, or the Ubi remasters that remain at 30fps and drop all MP/co-op modes.

Last edited:

A2una1

Did I miss something or why is this not available on EA play pro.... I thought every new EA Game is in this pass ...

Larxia

The low effort is even more shocking on PC since it's the exact same game when you run both at high resolution / with Anti Aliasing, but the worst part is that they removed the option to buy the original, you can't buy it anymore (at least on Steam), and I wouldn't be surprised if they close the online on the original version to force players to buy this new one again, they did it for burnout paradise...

This is really not right.

diffusionx

Gold Member
The low effort is even more shocking on PC since it's the exact same game when you run both at high resolution / with Anti Aliasing, but the worst part is that they removed the option to buy the original, you can't buy it anymore (at least on Steam), and I wouldn't be surprised if they close the online on the original version to force players to buy this new one again, they did it for burnout paradise...

This is really not right.

The online in the original has been closed for a while I think. Like I tried to play the game a couple years ago and it was just a lot of errors.

Larxia

The online in the original has been closed for a while I think. Like I tried to play the game a couple years ago and it was just a lot of errors.
The last time I personally played it online was in 2017 and it worked fine. I just checked on the forum and there are still people looking for players etc so it seems like it's still working.
It had a terrible matchmaking system though, no server browsers / lobby, and all games were seperated by game modes and car type, so when the players started to be more rare, you had to try each mode for each car category one by one to find players, instead of having a way to immediatly see where there are players... really stupid.

How is this one compared to Most Wanted 2 on the vita and really wish it was that game or test drive unlimited. Those open world racers with car collecting rocked. Most wanted had burnout take downs with real cars and cop chases. I have burnout paradise port on switch but it's not nfs.

bender

What time is it?
An arcade racer would be great right about now but that price tag. Wonder if DF will cover this...probably not with all the next generation stuff launching next week.

Kadve

Can anyone confirm whether the PC version also gets all the DLC? The wording is a bit unclear and you think they would brag about finally releasing them.

(edit) Looks like a couple of cars also will be removed due to licensing issues; Booth The Carbon Motors E7 Concept and Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren.... That's disappointing.

Last edited:

Zero7

Best NFS after High Stakes imo. I regrettably sold my PS3 copy some years ago. So I'll most definitely pick this up.

RAIDEN1

£35 for this game and all DLC is not a con.

If you already have the PS3 version there is no reason to rebuy, yes.

Pay no heed to the word remaster. It's just a reissue.
Yeah but if you don't and can't get the DLC for the PS3 version anymore, you are somewhat missing out on the extra content, and does anybody know if you can play custom soundtracks in this game, or is it a case of improvising?

mr.dilya

Banned
I’m actually looking for an arcade style racer that’s fast and fun. I don’t like sims. Any recommendations?

DonMigs85

anyone know if they fixed the CPU utilization issue from the first release? It would peg the first core at 90-100% and barely use the other cores unless you disabled the first core in task manager.

Boxster17

....and does anybody know if you can play custom soundtracks in this game, or is it a case of improvising?

Doesn't appear that you can do custom soundtracks - you can just select sequential or shuffle for the in game play list. If you want to play your own, you'll need to mute the in game music and play your own music in the background.

Well I bought it on steam, lazy yes but I do have a soft spot for this game. However Origin can suck my balls, it can never remember my password.

Lazy is being kind but the timing is curious don't you think? 1 week before next gen... could there be a patch? Probably not.

It's all about the gameplay though I don't see how the word remaster is warranted.

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

$40 and I barely played it back in the day so I don’t have nostalgia or whatever for it.

I actually liked 2012 Most Wanted more, even have the mobile game still installed since it’s not fucked with grinding or micro transactions. And there’s skrillex.

RAIDEN1

Doesn't appear that you can do custom soundtracks - you can just select sequential or shuffle for the in game play list. If you want to play your own, you'll need to mute the in game music and play your own music in the background.
Yeah that's frustrating, as it was great before, also I noticed in the "Photo" mode you can't actually take a picture? All you can do is zoom, pan around etc...one event difference I did notice is that you get to check out a police event in a classic 911 porsche which I can't recall ever being in the original version..

Rayderism

If you have one of the consoles that allow 60fps mode (not sure if base consoles have that mode, I have a PS4 Pro), you NEED to play it in 60fps mode. I tried playing the 30fps mode and while it looked nice, I was all over the road, constantly over-steering and was not having fun trying to keep the car on the road, but in 60fps mode steering wasn't anywhere near as much of a problem.

autoduelist

Dont care what you all say, NFS Hot Pursuit was fantastic and I couldn't preorder fast enough. My ps2 is a SMT and NFS machine, and I would buy a piece of toast if it came in a package with NFS on the cover because thankfully unlike everyone else who find reasons to not like the latest NFS because it isn't NFS Nostalgia Unleashed, I was born with the Need to fucking love every one of them, warts and all. Even MW on vita. Even The Run. Even the Reboot.

Nothing like racing at 160 miles per hour with your boy jumping up and down on the couch yelling about dropping spike strips and the little one bopping you in the head with a stuffed unicorn.

I’m actually looking for an arcade style racer that’s fast and fun. I don’t like sims. Any recommendations?

This?

A2una1

Dont care what you all say, NFS Hot Pursuit was fantastic and I couldn't preorder fast enough. My ps2 is a SMT and NFS machine, and I would buy a piece of toast if it came in a package with NFS on the cover because thankfully unlike everyone else who find reasons to not like the latest NFS because it isn't NFS Nostalgia Unleashed, I was born with the Need to fucking love every one of them, warts and all. Even MW on vita. Even The Run. Even the Reboot.

Nothing like racing at 160 miles per hour with your boy jumping up and down on the couch yelling about dropping spike strips and the little one bopping you in the head with a stuffed unicorn.

This?

Also Burnout Paradise and Forza Horizon 4.

Top Bottom