• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Fei

Feels like this is a big day in the negotiations. I'm pretty nervous we're going to get the report that the players have rejected the proposal and don't have any future meetings planned.

Revenant

ckbss pls

No hockey in 2012. Deal with it.

You Brute, You Brute, You vicious Brute!

3142035_o.gif

Cake Boss

Banned
Aaron Ward ‏@aaronward_nhl

Players presently in NYC are getting Fehr update.Notification has gone out to those NOT in NYC to look for update on via email/App.

If they are willing to send it to every player in the league then they must think its worth discussing about.

I will not let you bring me down Solo.

calder

Fucking twitter, see a random tweet about Jets fans "needing a hug" and go crazy trying to figure out what it's about. Don't see anything happening... i'm going to pray it was an NFL tweet for now. :p

Revenant

Fucking twitter, see a random tweet about Jets fans "needing a hug" and go crazy trying to figure out what it's about. Don't see anything happening... i'm going to pray it was an NFL tweet for now. :p

Kane traded to the Blackhawks for Michael Frolik and Niklas Hjalmarsson

calder

"Kane traded for Luongo, Jets agree to take on extra 'Nucks salary just to be neighbourly and assist in Canucks signing Doan"
*gunshot*

Nah, it was in fact a tweet about the NY Jets. Whew!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
If they are willing to send it to every player in the league then they must think its worth discussing about.

I will not let you bring me down Solo.

Bettman could have spit onto a piece of paper as his new proposal and they'd still have to circulate it to everyone.

I thought the NHLPA made the last "offer"?

They've been arguing back and forth since as to who's offer to use as a framework, they're vastly different.

I wonder if Bettman's offer was based on Fehr's offer or the NHL's initial offer.

Although Fehr refused to confirm whether they received a new offer or not.

The fact that they're still talking is a good sign. It shows there's at least grounds for them to work together. Today makes me optimistic we could be good to go on the 15th.

I never had any hope but once Bettman came out and said the fans will come back if there is another lockout I knew we were 100% doomed.

We were doomed as soon as the guy who killed the '94 World Series (and the Expos) took over the NHLPA.

NHL was demanding 43% share while players were asking for 54%. so the ideal number should be 50-50.

Yeah instead of bitching who deserves more, just set it at 50/50. Nice and fair. No one wins, no one loses and we get hockey this year.

Acid08

Banned
Why does the one sport I love have to be heading toward a lockout.

It's times like this when I almost wish I was one of the plebs who enjoys baseball or football.

You are in trouble now brah.

If he's going to argue that a hypothetical championship would have made people actually show up, he's not going to get any sympathy from me. The fans should have showed up and supported the team and not given them an option to move the team. Simple as that.

Fehr's been doing fine ? What ? He's there to show Bettman and the NHLPA how the players won't be pushed around this time.

I imagine CBA negotiations are going something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnTmBjk-M0c

As for the Expos, I guess we'll never know what could have happened that year do we ?

That's exactly what they hired him to do, not to placate the fans. He's doing his job.

and seeing as how you guys were near the bottom of the League you were in the season you had 94 wins, I doubt it would have mattered much.

Top Bottom