• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Alucard

Banned
Does Pittsburgh have any prospects to trade? They seen like the most likely to give up the future for him. They obviously want a Cup bad this year.

Pens are loaded up on defensive prospects right now. They have 3-4 guys that could be NHL-ready in 2-3 seasons.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
When a player comes across the ice and does a drive by hop like a fucking kangaroo on top of a guy's neck or head then that shit needs to be punished.

And I don't give a shit if the league agrees with you, that's not exactly a glowing endorsement for your argument, its actually the opposite seeing how incompetent this league has become, just look at the lockout, not exactly the brightest minds that are in charge of this league.
Again, that's a different conversation. I was only dealing with how this league at this time in this universe treats that kind of hit. I completely agree that something needs to be done about how the league enforces these things because clearly the system thus far isn't working. What that something is or how you could possibly articulate it in such a way that everybody easily understands it and is capable of changing the way they play to accommodate it, I don't honestly know.

Seems a little early to be making playoff predictions, but there is the possibility of another MAF meltdown. Vokoun may be able to mitigate this somewhat though.

I think whomever runs into the Pens in the first round is going to grind them down hard because the motivation will be there to take down the team to beat.

This team, whomever it is - could even have a chance at upsetting them like Philly did last year.

I do think; however, that the Pens have enough talent to get them past that team.

But by the time they hit the second team I think they won't be as fresh and will have a huge mountain to climb - despite their talent.

Not to mention that whomever runs into them will be throwing out coaching strategies up the wazoo in an attempt to strangle their offense (which has been very successful against them in the past).

Also: Hot goalie? Strong possibility on the underdog team.

I think whomever runs into the Pens in the first round is going to grind them down hard because the motivation will be there to take down the team to beat.

This team, whomever it is - could even have a chance at upsetting them like Philly did last year.

I do think; however, that the Pens have enough talent to get them past that team.

But by the time they hit the second team I think they won't be as fresh and will have a huge mountain to climb - despite their talent.

Not to mention that whomever runs into them will be throwing out coaching strategies up the wazoo in an attempt to strangle their offense (which has been very successful against them in the past).

Also: Hot goalie? Strong possibility on the underdog team.

The problem with the NE having three really strong teams is that it means two are going to be 4-8. The road to the Finals in the East is going to be a bitch for the two (likely) teams that make it into the playoffs from the NE but don't win the division.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Agreed, 1st and 6th spot in the east are probably most desirable. You can easily lose against e.g. Ottawa as a higher seed.

Kinda made me sad :(

Even if his play has been awful this season he was still one of THE Sharks. Been with us for a while, will miss you Cranky. Feels like a culture change and retooling will be coming for this club. Bring it on.

Sad to see him go, and he can still hit, but ya, he's gone way down this and last season. Our D is pretty bleh as is so I think we're going to blow it up and restructure it. I still have no idea why we got Burns. He's been worse than Heatly.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
The problem with the NE having three really strong teams is that it means two are going to be 4-8. The road to the Finals in the East is going to be a bitch for the two (likely) teams that make it into the playoffs from the NE but don't win the division.

Please call the NE by it's proper name.

The NORTHBEAST!

Cake Boss

Banned
I hope NJ goes into a tear and takes that #5 spot, just start doing it after today.

I want that #6 spot to get one of the ShitEast teams in the 1st round.

Hopefully he brings Cooperalls to the Lightning.

<3

he7Ful.jpg

Merguson

Banned
Dredger said on the radio today

Lolwut.

Er.. isn't he out indefinitely with a concussion? Maybe they were potentially talking about it and now.. he suffered a concussion in practice ..

Also.. in terms of the Leafs..

LeBrun said he wouldn't be shocked to see the Leafs making a move for Kipper..

Also thinks one of Bozak or MacArthur will be gone by the deadline..

He also said keep an eye on Mike Smith.. whatever that means..

As for Kipper.. I guess he would fit the bill of Leafs wanting veteran goaltending.. but Kipper needs to be healthy.. and I don't think the Leafs would be willing to give up a lot..

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You're so easy you're known as "Saturday night game in Toronto" affectionately.

He's so easy to score on, he's literally the Leafs. We should roll with that for the future. Incorporate a cat somehow.

Top Bottom