• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Movember Thread of George Parros and his mustache tickles when he goes down on gi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manics

Banned
Socreges said:
Sounds like someone keenly aware of his own capacity to disappoint.
You seem rather upset that you've witnessed the Canucks peak last June and realize it's all downhill from here on in whereas the Leafs are a team on the rise. It's exciting to watch a team on the rise as opposed to a Canucks-like decline.

Manics said:
You seem rather upset that you've witnessed the Canucks peak last June and realize it's all downhill from here on in whereas the Leafs are a team on the rise. It's exciting to watch a team on the rise as opposed to a Canucks-like decline.

It's more fun
aka stressful
to watch a complete clusterfuck that no one ever really knows if they'll be absolutely amazing or complete and utter shit.

Flyers fan for life!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Price is worth whatever he asks, he's a franchise goalie who will be damn good for a long time, and is a huge part of the habs foundation moving forward.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Red_Man said:
Price is worth whatever he asks, he's a franchise goalie who will be damn good for a long time, and is a huge part of the habs foundation moving forward.
7 MILLION DOLLARS FUCK

though i guess that's not as bad for a team that can spend to the cap ceiling every year

R_GILL said:
You added this years stats to their career totals which skews both of their career October Stats. Which basically makes your point useless. If you look at Kessels stats without this year it basically shows him to be pretty consistent month to month.
Ok, so you already forgot that Kessel's HART IN OCTOBER feature happened last year?

Wow @ Rinne's contract. No goalie in the world is worth 7 millions. Except for Price, who will acquire a new nickname based on his last name next year.

Puddles

Banned
Hey, so NHL-GAF, I have to confess: over the years I haven't really been a bona-fide hockey fan so much as an LA Kings fan. But I'm trying to change that this year and really get into the sport as a whole.

Which Canadian teams have the biggest rivalries? I've noticed that Habs-GAF and Leafs-GAF seem to have harsh words for each other. Which other teams are bitter rivals? Help a newbie out here.

Socreges

Banned
Manics said:
Indeed, ridiculing Leafs fans and their deluded expectations is something new I've just started as a coping mechanism.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Puddles said:
Which Canadian teams have the biggest rivalries? I've noticed that Habs-GAF and Leafs-GAF seem to have harsh words for each other. Which other teams are bitter rivals? Help a newbie out here.
Oilers/Flames used to be fun here, but both teams have been pretty brutal the last few years.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Puddles said:
Hey, so NHL-GAF, I have to confess: over the years I haven't really been a bona-fide hockey fan so much as an LA Kings fan. But I'm trying to change that this year and really get into the sport as a whole.

Bruins / habs was rekindled last year, kings / ducks i guess and the most bitter rivalry is between yankeehater / devils

Socreges

Banned
Puddles said:
Keep in mind that team rivalries and fanbase rivalries are often mutually exclusive.

Canadian teams haven't been competitive enough in recent years to really foster rivalries. Leafs/Sens used to be good. Same with Canucks/Flames. Now it's mostly just the fans that carry these rivalries. Teams have more significant memory loss than Manics.

If the Leafs and Oilers really become successful in the future, rivalries should begin to heat up again.

Socreges

Banned
Puddles said:
So as a Vancouver fan, which team do you hate most right now?
Used to be the Hawks since they eliminated us twice. But beating them last year was pretty cathartic.

No team really comes to mind. Too early in the season. Would be the Flames by default, but newborn puppies are more threatening right now.

Puddles said:
Edmonton fans: is Ryan Nugent-Hopkins for real?

For this season? Yes and no.

No only in the sense that his current PPG game pace is probably unsustainable (this season, anyway.) Yes in that he's still bound to have a really good year by rookie standards; 50-60 pts might not be out of the question. The string of early home games for Edmonton has gone well, but he'll probably struggle a bit in the less fortunate road matchups as he did in the recent Colorado game.

Solo

Manics said:
You should be worried about that Rinne contract. I'm pretty sure Price's agent will note how similar their stats are in contract negotiations. Can you afford a $7M goalie?

Yes. We've underpaid him dramatically for 2 years now, so I have no problem with him making that paper this offseason.

Socreges

Banned
sefskillz said:
i guess most would answer Boston or Chicago
I wonder how many would truly say Boston. As easy to hate as they were, it came and went pretty quickly. There's no history there otherwise and just one rematch to even think about for the next year.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Commodore gets to see his first action tonight, taking the place of Kindl. Babcock also went back to game 1 lines...

Hudler-Datsyuk-Cleary
Franzen-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi
Filppula-Helm-Abdelkader
Miller-Emmerton-Holmstrom

Lidstrom-White
Kronwall-Stuart
Ericsson-Commodore

Let's see if anything different happens tonight.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
You guys are laughing now, but you won't be when your franchise goalie's contract is up and their agent is demanding something similar to Bryz or Rinne's price.

Manics

Banned
It's amazing to me how much other fans are bothered by the Leafs winning. LOL

Yes, I am referring to Socreges.

Socreges

Banned
Manics said:
It's amazing to me how much other fans are bothered by the Leafs winning. LOL

Yes, I am referring to Socreges.
Been saying they'd make the playoffs for months, brother. Just take your beats and roll with it.

Manics

Banned
TemplaerDude said:
I wouldn't say I'm bothered by the Leafs winning.

I'm just tired of ducking through all their fans boners.
To be fair I have a boner most of the time not just when the Leafs are winning.

Manics

Banned
TemplaerDude said:
Manics, I would never put your boner in that category. I just happen to work with a lot of people from Ontario.
I hear you man, some fans are ridiculous with their praise over nothing.

Spire said:
You guys are laughing now, but you won't be when your franchise goalie's contract is up and their agent is demanding something similar to Bryz or Rinne's price.

Don't worry, by that time superstar goaltender Timo Pielmeier will be stepping up from the AHL - ready to add to Anaheims reputation as turning backup goaltenders into legitimate starters.

delivering%20the%20sauce.jpg

The Internet said:
Quebec fans are going to hate that contract!

Am I doing it right?
It's Seattle fans you tool.

Socreges said:
I wonder how many would truly say Boston. As easy to hate as they were, it came and went pretty quickly. There's no history there otherwise and just one rematch to even think about for the next year.

I think Canucks fans dislike the Leafs more than the Bruins.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Frillen said:
Luongo in net tonight against the Wild? Away? Should be an M-rated game.

Schneider's starting.

Lone_Prodigy said:
I think Canucks fans dislike the Leafs more than the Bruins.

We don't dislike the Leafs. We dislike their fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom