• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Movember Thread of George Parros and his mustache tickles when he goes down on gi

Status
Not open for further replies.

RC

Banned
The NHL season is a tale of two insufferable fan bases from very different teams. One celebrates every meaningless victory only to have thier hopes dashed come April. The other has an inflated sense of superiority and despite recent success receives little to no respect.

Can you guess the teams?

Lupul :

October 76 31 27 58
November 73 15 16 31
December 81 32 28 60
January 59 10 19 29
February 60 18 17 35
March 83 17 21 38
April 28 8 8 16

Kessel :

October 51 30 15 45
November 66 24 15 39
December 62 23 23 46
January 57 14 23 37
February 57 15 19 34
March 73 23 25 48
April 19 9 5 14

Yeah.

Desibabu said:
The NHL season is a tale of two insufferable fan bases from very different teams. One celebrates every meaningless victory only to have thier hopes dashed come April. The other has an inflated sense of superiority and despite recent success receives little to no respect.

Can you guess the teams?

I agree, we've heard way too much about the Dallas Stars and Edmonton Oilers.

Foreign Jackass said:
Lupul :

October 76 31 27 58
November 73 15 16 31
December 81 32 28 60
January 59 10 19 29
February 60 18 17 35
March 83 17 21 38
April 28 8 8 16

Kessel :

October 51 30 15 45
November 66 24 15 39
December 62 23 23 46
January 57 14 23 37
February 57 15 19 34
March 73 23 25 48
April 19 9 5 14

Yeah.
Are those the number of games and points they've put up divided by month for their entire career or what? Not exactly a very clear post.

Heretic

Mike Works said:
Are those the number of games and points they've put up divided by month for their entire career or what? Not exactly a very clear post.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one lol

Zombie James said:
What stories?

He was chuffed about being a healthy scratch for a couple of the first few games. I think it was Gardiner that stole his spot.

I read it on GAF, so who knows whether its true or not.

Joe

anyone have a link to a video of a hat trick at Detroit with someone throwing a full size octopus on the ice? my friends had no idea they used to do this and my YouTube skills are failing hard.

snack

Foreign Jackass said:
Lupul :

October 76 31 27 58
November 73 15 16 31
December 81 32 28 60
January 59 10 19 29
February 60 18 17 35
March 83 17 21 38
April 28 8 8 16

Kessel :

October 51 30 15 45
November 66 24 15 39
December 62 23 23 46
January 57 14 23 37
February 57 15 19 34
March 73 23 25 48
April 19 9 5 14

Yeah.
Maybe they're lottery numbers correlating with the chances of Lupul and Kessel repeating October's numbers?

EDIT: Just saw Dastardly's post. rofl

GO CADUCKS GO

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Pens Health Watch: Letang was marked as a game-time decision earlier this week (I have no idea what the injury is) and Picard was just called up this morning, meaning Letang is probably out tonight.

dexter_rage.gif

It's not funny anymore. It's not. Stop this shit. I can't take any more of this.

Alucard

Banned
Kennedy skating with the Pens and making the west coast trip sounds promising. I hope his concussion wasn't too serious.

Edit: Letang out now? Fuck me. This just isn't believable or funny anymore. Our guys are hurting.

Spire said:
Pens Health Watch: Letang was marked as a game-time decision earlier this week (I have no idea what the injury is) and Picard was just called up this morning, meaning Letang is probably out tonight.

dexter_rage.gif

It's not funny anymore. It's not. Stop this shit. I can't take any more of this.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing. I remember Richards and Carter's first year up the Flyers were essentially playing with the Phantoms roster. That team was pretty awful but it setup a great team the next year. You guys will spend the first half developing new guys then probably go on a tear and kill it in the second half with everyone back in. I absolutely HATE admitting this, but it is what I expect to happen.

brucewaynegretzky said:
Don't turn into one of those.... You can go and hang out in the corner with MPW and Jackass and cry or something.

You mean to tell me they will win tonight, rejoice!!!!

I won't even be here for the game again, I have to stream it if I want to watch it, and even then I really don't know if I should as I don't want to be in a bad mood walking home again like after last game.

MacAttack

Horton says he's still not 100% after returning from his concussion in the playoffs last year. He's looked a little slow to react on the ice but says he doesn't have any PCS symptoms.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nhl/story/_/id/7183111/boston-bruins-nathan-horton-not-concussion

Bruins winger Nathan Horton faced the media Wednesday for the first time in weeks and admitted that coming back from a severe concussion suffered in Game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals has been more difficult than expected.

While he isn't being plagued by any physical symptoms or suffering from post-concussion syndrome, Horton said he is still trying to find his way on the ice.

"Obviously I just need to get my timing and stuff. I still don't feel like I'm myself out there. I'm fine, but I just need to be better obviously. That's it. I just need to be better."

Mike Works said:
What the hell is this thread filled with? Columbus fans?

Come on peoples
Games G A Points

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
brucewaynegretzky said:
This isn't necessarily a bad thing. I remember Richards and Carter's first year up the Flyers were essentially playing with the Phantoms roster. That team was pretty awful but it setup a great team the next year. You guys will spend the first half developing new guys then probably go on a tear and kill it in the second half with everyone back in. I absolutely HATE admitting this, but it is what I expect to happen.

Picard won't develop into anything, he's been called up before, he's garbage. We have three AHL D-men who have real potential and will probably develop and could benefit from some time on the main squad and guess what? All three are injured. One of them wasn't injured at the beginning of the season and, of course, he broke his wrist in the first game he got called up for.

If we get healthy, we'll have a sick team and we'll be motivated. The wait for that to happen though just gets longer and longer. Orpik is finally back? Michalek breaks his hand, out for 4-6 weeks. Malkin is back consistently? Staal goes down again. Jeffrey finally healthy after half a year? Kennedy gets a concussion out of nowhere. While I believe a lot of these guys will be healthy by the end of November, it just gets ludicrous at some point.

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
Foreign Jackass said:
Lupul :

October 76 31 27 58
November 73 15 16 31
December 81 32 28 60
January 59 10 19 29
February 60 18 17 35
March 83 17 21 38
April 28 8 8 16

Kessel :

October 51 30 15 45
November 66 24 15 39
December 62 23 23 46
January 57 14 23 37
February 57 15 19 34
March 73 23 25 48
April 19 9 5 14

Yeah.

You added this years stats to their career totals which skews both of their career October Stats. Which basically makes your point useless. If you look at Kessels stats without this year it basically shows him to be pretty consistent month to month.

Spire said:
"Time to rebuild."

Tanking for the 1 spot in the draft!

I really hope they can actually win tonight, I really do, though I have been hoping for the last few games now and look how that has turned out

Manics

Banned
R_GILL said:
You added this years stats to their career totals which skews both of their career October Stats. Which basically makes your point useless. If you look at Kessels stats without this year it basically shows him to be pretty consistent month to month.

Leave him alone man, he cares about the Leafs enough to do some digging into meaningless stats from when Kessel was less than 22 years old. There's no way Kessel could improve upon his play from 22 onwards like he's showing this year.

Socreges

Banned
CrazedArabMan said:
Tanking for the 1 spot in the draft!

I really hope they can actually win tonight, I really do, though I have been hoping for the last few games now and look how that has turned out
Are you still surprised/confused that some people think the Hawks will win the division? Do you still think the Wings will win it?

OnPoint

Rough times for this Sabres lineup. I'm a little shocked at how poorly they're playing in just about every facet of the game.

Leino is having a rough time fitting in. I really hope he finds his comfort zone soon, because the deal will look worse and worse the further he goes into unproduction. There's no question the team overpaid for him, and I'm reserving judgment for another couple months, but so far I'm not impressed with his play.

The defense has been playing awful, and it doesn't help that Miller doesn't seem to have his head screwed on straight when they do screw something up. I'm not a supporter of the Miller Vs Enroth debate -- Miller is the #1 goalie, undisputed -- but his current level of play isn't going to quiet unrest from the fans. If this gets into his head I truly worry for his psyche this season.

The offense is playing like a Lindy Ruff offense typically does. We'd love to see more production but we probably never will. That means the D and the goaltending need to be better.

I'm getting just a little worried, but 6-5 isn't awful. Here's hoping they turn it around.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
So Rinne's now the highest paid goalie in the league? Pretty much inevitable that one of Weber or Suter walk on July 1st, hey (if they're not traded first.)

Canucks are gonna be nuts next year after they sign Weber and Parise. Cause, you know, they're both coming to Vancouver, for sure.

Montresor

aidan said:
So Rinne's now the highest paid goalie in the league? Pretty much inevitable that one of Weber or Suter walk on July 1st, hey (if they're not traded first.)

Canucks are gonna be nuts next year after they sign Weber and Parise. Cause, you know, they're both coming to Vancouver, for sure.

Weber isn't a UFA next year.

Marvie_3

Banned
CrazedArabMan said:
Just want to stop in and congratulate Calgary on landing 2 points tonight.. :/
CrazedArabMan said:
You mean to tell me they will win tonight, rejoice!!!!

I won't even be here for the game again, I have to stream it if I want to watch it, and even then I really don't know if I should as I don't want to be in a bad mood walking home again like after last game.
340.jpg

bonesmccoy said:
I think it means they'll be open to moving someone.
I think they have to. Suter and Weber will both probably be looking for the same amount of money Rinne got, even if they spent to cap, Preds can't afford to do that. They need some of that money to build up their offense.

Weber is THE player to build a team around, but they burned him during the offseason and I don't know how happy he'd be staying in Nashville. He'd also garner the most return in a trade.

Suter will probably be more willing to stay, but he's not as good as Weber and won't be as big of a franchise figure. Trading him would garner a smaller return though, but still massive.

Also, teams in the Central division can probably kiss goodbye to any chance of getting one of these defenseman. If the Preds really want to start winning now, trading a top NHL defenseman to one of their divisional rivals would be an awfully stupid way to go about it.

Finally, if the Canucks want him, they're going to have to be prepared to say goodbye to Edler/Bieksa and Hodgson/Jensen plus more.

Marvie_3

Banned
bonesmccoy said:
I think it means they'll be open to moving someone.
Not necessarily. Its a huge dollar amount and it seems like Nashville's ownership showing guys like Weber/Suter that they're willing to spend money now.

lupinko

Kave_Man said:
While fun to read I don't believe any Toronto rumours anymore. Whether it be Leafs, Raps, or Jays. The GMs of all these teams barely let anything leak that these trades usually don't pop up until like 15 minutes before their announcement.

You mean BB, BC and AA?

Hmm, they should form to combine AABBBC, the Ultimate GM.

Marvie_3 said:
Not necessarily. Its a huge dollar amount and it seems like Nashville's ownership showing guys like Weber/Suter that they're willing to spend money now.

True. I still lean toward them doing the kind of signing we see bubble MLB teams do: 3 high performance expensive players, re-sign 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom