• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Movember Thread of George Parros and his mustache tickles when he goes down on gi

Status
Not open for further replies.
yankeehater said:
That really does seem like a move the Flyers would make. How long is left on Prongers contract?

I think like 3 or 4 years... but it wouldn't be so much of a move as Pronger just has nothing left in the tank.

brucewaynegretzky said:
I think like 3 or 4 years... but it wouldn't be so much of a move as Pronger just has nothing left in the tank.

? I thought Pronger actually looked okay when he was in. The PP was definitely better with him, and he takes up a lot of important minutes for the team.

yankeehater said:
? I thought Pronger actually looked okay when he was in. The PP was definitely better with him, and he takes up a lot of important minutes for the team.

I agree that he can look good at times, but I doubt his ability to play 82+ games at an acceptable level. When he looks bad he looks Rathje/Hatcher level bad.

brucewaynegretzky said:
I agree that he can look good at times, but I doubt his ability to play 82+ games at an acceptable level. When he looks bad he looks Rathje/Hatcher level bad.

Hopefully this injury is a blessing in disguise and it helps him stay fresh longer. Flyers really need him to play well to have any realistic chance to compete this year.

Marvie_3 said:
http://media.moronail.net/images/stories/dg_pictures/0808/340.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Nah, I feel now that if I keep my hopes low on them finally getting out of this slump only to have them still suck, I won't be as angry as if I keep acting like that the next game will be different.

[QUOTE=Socreges]Are you still surprised/confused that some people think the Hawks will win the division? Do you still think the Wings will win it?[/QUOTE]

I know you are going off of my quote I said in the offseason thread, but yes I still am a bit surprised about the Hawks, I didn't think they made any big moves and they lost Cambell as well (though Detroit did lose Rafalski and only really signed White as an average free agent). I figured they would be a little better coming off of an early playoff exit and Detroit would be right up there as well.

It isn't like Detroit is bad either, we already proved we know how to play by starting the season 5 and 0 and playing really good hockey, it is just lately something is just not clicking. Either one line shows up and the others don't, or no one shows up, etc... Also don't start with the 1 year older argument either, yeah players get older and decline/improve (are case more likely to decline). But that didn't seem to be the case in those first few games as well as are better players besides Lidstrom aren't that old, what they are in the 29-33 range or something which is on the edge of prime and starting to age? Right now we are in some kind of funk that we need to fix and need to get back to how we were playing the first 5 games of the season.

The year is still young and I still feel we will compete with the Hawks for first in the Central and we will see how we are at the 20 game mark, as for now though it is more of a wait and see approach, now if we don't start to win these next few games, than I'm going to start to worry...

Socreges

Banned
CrazedArabMan said:
Nah, I feel now that if I keep my hopes low on them finally getting out of this slump only to have them still suck, I won't be as angry as if I keep acting like that the next game will be different.

I know you are going off of my quote I said in the offseason thread, but yes I still am a bit surprised about the Hawks, I didn't think they made any big moves and they lost Cambell as well (though Detroit did lose Rafalski and only really signed White as an average free agent). I figured they would be a little better coming off of an early playoff exit and Detroit would be right up there as well.

It isn't like Detroit is bad either, we already proved we know how to play by starting the season 5 and 0 and playing really good hockey, it is just lately something is just not clicking. Either one line shows up and the others don't, or no one shows up, etc... Also don't start with the 1 year older argument either, yeah players get older and decline/improve (are case more likely to decline). But that didn't seem to be the case in those first few games as well as are better players besides Lidstrom aren't that old, what they are in the 29-33 range or something which is on the edge of prime and starting to age? Right now we are in some kind of funk that we need to fix and need to get back to how we were playing the first 5 games of the season.

The year is still young and I still feel we will compete with the Hawks for first in the Central and we will see how we are at the 20 game mark, as for now though it is more of a wait and see approach, now if we don't start to win these next few games, than I'm going to start to worry...
Exactly. So no need to be so dramatic.

In my mind, the Wings aren't as bad as the previous 5 games indicate. But neither are they as good as the first 5 seemed to tell us. Forest for the trees. Early season predictions are for 82 games and shouldn't be upset by a handful.

Socreges said:
Exactly. So no need to be so dramatic.

In my mind, the Wings aren't as bad as the previous 5 games indicate. But neither are they as good as the first 5 seemed to tell us. Forest for the trees. Early season predictions are for 82 games and shouldn't be upset by a handful.

True, I can't though say that it isn't bothering me right now, but yeah it is still early and we need a jump or spark or something to get us going. The way I saw it was that we just dropped 9 out of a possible of 10 points these last 5 games, so you can look at it from different perspectives, but when I look at the schedule, I see us winning one game and boom, we are right back up in the standings depending on how other western teams do.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Lone_Prodigy said:
Miller last night: 28.20 GAA, .727 SV%. What's up with the Sabres.

OMG. One off night. Tear down the team. Rebuild! FAIL FOR NAIL!

Manics

Banned
Solo said:
Weber for Gomez, straight up

You should be worried about that Rinne contract. I'm pretty sure Price's agent will note how similar their stats are in contract negotiations. Can you afford a $7M goalie?

Socreges

Banned
Manics said:
You should be worried about that Rinne contract. I'm pretty sure Price's agent will note how similar their stats are in contract negotiations. Can you afford a $7M goalie?
And if Price gets 7 million, we're looking at, what, 9 mill for Reimer?

Manics

Banned
Socreges said:

Reimer is signed until 2014 and we don't have an idiot GM, plus who knows what the next collective bargaining agreement looks like. Price has to sign a new contract next season with the Rinne contract fresh on the mind.

Socreges

Banned
Manics said:
Reimer is signed until 2014 and we don't have an idiot GM, plus who knows what the next collective bargaining agreement looks like. Price has to sign a new contract next season with the Rinne contract fresh on the mind.
In other words, after he's won three Vezinas. Good Lord, Leafs are fucked.

OnPoint

Lone_Prodigy said:
Miller last night: 28.20 GAA, .727 SV%. What's up with the Sabres.

Put up a whole thing about the Sabres on the last page.

I honestly just think they're not working hard enough. The talent is there. They're just being outworked as of late.

Marvie_3

Banned
Socreges said:
You added his cinnamon bun stats to his donut stats which skew the totals. Which basically makes your point useless.
He didn't count donut holes though. That brings the average back to about 12.

Cactus

Banned
brucewaynegretzky said:
He has five years still remaining. Six, if you count this season.

Maybe I'll get flamed for this, but I see Pronger's contract as virtually immovable. He's already 37 with a string of recent injuries, and his contract, since it's officially "35+" will burden his team's cap even if he retires. I can't see any team taking a chance on him, even if he comes back from injury and continues to play well.

Cactus said:
He has five years still remaining. Six, if you count this season.

Maybe I'll get flamed for this, but I see Pronger's contract as virtually immovable. He's already 37 with a string of recent injuries, and his contract, since it's officially "35+" will burden his team's cap even if he retires. I can't see any team taking a chance on him, even if he comes back from injury and continues to play well.

LTIR will be our savior on that one I think. He'll play til he drops.

Marvie_3 said:
They need to get someone other than Shanahan to do these videos. It's like watching a corpse.

Kevin Butler?

Cactus

Banned
brucewaynegretzky said:
LTIR will be our savior on that one I think. He'll play til he drops.
Sure, but if he were to retire after the 2012/2013 season, his $5m would not be removed from the cap for another 4 years.

It's possible he plays until he's 43, but it seems more likely to me that he'll be retiring before his contract is up, which will undoubtedly cripple the Flyers for at least a year or two since they'd be entering those years at a $5m disadvantage.

Cactus said:
Sure, but if he were to retire after the 2012/2013 season, his $5m would not be removed from the cap for another 4 years.

It's possible he plays until he's 43, but it seems more likely to me that he'll be retiring before his contract is up, which will undoubtedly cripple the Flyers for at least a year or two since they'd be entering those years at a $5m disadvantage.

They'll pull a Lappy and leave him on LTIR for 4 years.

Socreges said:

Reimer is a good Canadian boy that complained that we was getting paid too much already. He would probably turn down any huge contracts.

Anyway next 2 Leafs games against the worst in the West and East. In typical Toronto fashion that means 2 straight losses.

brucewaynegretzky said:
Kevin Butler?

"Four games!"
b894hw.gif

Socreges

Banned
SuperSonic1305 said:
Reimer is a good Canadian boy that complained that we was getting paid too much already. He would probably turn down any huge contracts.
Sounds like someone keenly aware of his own capacity to disappoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom