• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Don't think it will count. Looked similar to Zibanejad's goal in the playoffs last year actually.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Fuck yea, great for that line to score. Eller has been fantastic tonight, what sick hands from him for that play.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Bad call, definitely a kick, you could see the foot go forward then back. Shitty game for Rangers.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
LOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

21/24

UNF UNF UNF

If only he was this good in shootouts

Smiley90

Shouldn't have been awarded a penalty show.

Lu!

I was pretty sure "don't let Ovie go on the PP or give him penalty shots" was one of the keys to the game.

We've failed at both 2 minutes in.

... This game is gonna be one of those, isn't it.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I think the officials will only consider it a kicking motion when the player isn't braking, it's not conclusive enough under that scenario, even if to me it was a kicking motion, they always let those pass.

Doesn't matter, they weren't going to win anyways.
This is good though, last thing we want is for them to get some confidence going. They need to lose and lose hard.

Revenant

HAWKS WIN!

I3JbvK6.gif

HoPKnr9.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The big issue with that game was passing. They could not go tape to tape to save their lives. EVERYTHING was behind the skater, in the skates, or lazily drifting to nowhere. A few key crisp passes and that scoreline would be very different.

It's all the little basic things with this team. They basically have to play an absolutely perfect game to even have a chance to win.

I don't think any team has been more than 4 points out of playoff position on Nov. 1 and made the playoffs (in a non-lockout year, of course), and I think the Rangers are 5 points out last I checked. Tomorrow and Thursday are about as "must win" as October games can get.

Otherwise it's the express train to the top of the draft lottery!

Smiley90

a boo, that was only a matter of time.

GREAT game to watch so far though.

edit: GODDAMNIT SESTITO

The big issue with that game was passing. They could not go tape to tape to save their lives. EVERYTHING was behind the skater, in the skates, or lazily drifting to nowhere. A few key crisp passes and that scoreline would be very different.

It's all the little basic things with this team. They basically have to play an absolutely perfect game to even have a chance to win.

I don't think any team has been more than 4 points out of playoff position on Nov. 1 and made the playoffs (in a non-lockout year, of course), and I think the Rangers are 5 points out last I checked. Tomorrow and Thursday are about as "must win" as October games can get.

Otherwise it's the express train to the top of the draft lottery!

Only 4 teams have but I certainly wouldn't expect the Rangers to be #5

Top Bottom