• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2017 [OT]- Kneelin' and dealin'

SealedSeven

Neo Member
It was great when they were walking around the Joe Louis concourse every game too

The main problem with the Joe (and likely LCA) was the seats behind the benches were corporate / $$$ seats that get you entry to special places in the arena. So instead of putting people in seats, it just puts them someplace in the arena.

During games at the Joe, or LCA later on, if the view is anywhere else but behind the benches, it'll be packed.

Last night was an exception I hope for LCA as plenty in a lot of spots besides upper seats looked like they were 'empty'. However outside the rink in the concourse, you can tell that's where people were.

Socreges

Banned
The main problem with the Joe (and likely LCA) was the seats behind the benches were corporate / $$$ seats that get you entry to special places in the arena. So instead of putting people in seats, it just puts them someplace in the arena.

During games at the Joe, or LCA later on, if the view is anywhere else but behind the benches, it'll be packed.

Last night was an exception I hope for LCA as plenty in a lot of spots besides upper seats looked like they were 'empty'. However outside the rink in the concourse, you can tell that's where people were.
Totally

Solo

The "strategy" behind the Habs' powerplay is atrocious. Like, they couldn't possibly deploy the players on it in worse positions.

You've got Drouin on the left half wall kind of anchoring the whole thing. Which is fine. But then you've got Weber out there, who can't get off that booming one-timer because Drouin is feeding him passes from the wrong side of the ice. Then they've got Galchenyuk, who is the best shooter on the team and the guy least likely to crash the net in front of it. Then Pacioretty is over on the right half wall for one timers, but he's kinda shitty at that. And then you have Hemsky....doing something.

I think it would be better to have Drouin at the right point and Weber at the left point. Drouin can still QB from there and Weber can get his one-timer off. Then you have to flip Galchenyuk and Pacioretty. Feed AGally those off-wing one-timers like breakfast for max profits, and have Patches is in front for tips and rebounds. Hemsky continues to do....something.

I accept cheques and money orders, Clod.

Cats line up for tonight

Jonathan Huberdeau – Aleksander Barkov – Evgenii Dadonov

Jamie McGinn – Vincent Trocheck – Radim Vrbata

Connor Brickley – Jared McCann – Nick Bjugstad

Michael Haley – Derek MacKenzie – Colton Sceviour

Keith Yandle – Aaron Ekblad

Mike Matheson – Mark Pysyk

Ian McCoshen – Alex Petrovic

Roberto Luongo

Even though I’m generally pessimistic about the season, still good to have Cats’ hockey back

Socreges

Banned
Can someone give me a quick rundown of the rules for Head-to-Head Yahoo Fantasy Hockey? (I've only played Roto previously).

Do I set me roster for an entire week at a time? (IF so, when's the deadline?)

Is there any reason to keep players on the bench, or should I always be setting my active players? (Roto has a max Games Played restriction.)

Yahoo doesn't really makes these things clear.

Thanks!

Yahoo should be daily rosters without max games played. At least, thats how I have always played. No idea why it would be different.
So I just moved Anders Lee onto my active roster and then happened to see this:

1 of 3 adds for this week used
1 of 20 adds for this season used

!!

Wouldn't have made that move otherwise. That's pretty hardcore.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
So I just moved Anders Lee onto my active roster and then happened to see this:

1 of 3 adds for this week used
1 of 20 adds for this season used

!!

Wouldn't have made that move otherwise. That's pretty hardcore.

I think that's because you added Hornqvist. I've moved several players back-and-forth from my bench seeing in any change in my adds per week/season.

Lindholm got called up which could either mean Nemeth was injured on the play along the boards or Mironov is getting sent down. Miro looked rough in the first period and a half but he seemed to normalize afterwards.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Forsberg-Johansen-Arvidsson
Hartnell-Jarnkrok-Aberg
Sissons-Bonino-Smith
McLeod-Watson-Salomaki

Josi-Irwin
Ekholm-Subban
(Bitetto-Y.Weber) / (Emelin-Girard)

What is this, I don't even.

Hope Fiala's okay.

Pikma

Banned
Jamie Benn – Tyler Seguin – Alexander Radulov
Mattias Janmark – Jason Spezza – Brett Ritchie
Devin Shore – Martin Hanzal – Tyler Pitlick
Antoine Roussel – Radek Faksa – Gemel Smith

Esa Lindell – John Klingberg
Marc Methot – Jamie Oleksiak
Dan Hamhuis – Stephen Johns

Ben Bishop

This is what they got for the Knights, and it should be more than enough but this is the Dallast Shitstars, they always find a way to fuck it up.

Quick

Banned
Leafs TV rebranding as Leafs Nation Network tomorrow. I'd have just called it Leafs Network, but maybe this is why I don't work in broadcasting.

Also lol I guess Leafs TV still exists.

gBpflsG.jpg

79uAmTh.jpg

So this arrived today. I took a back shot too but my wife opened the door it was hanging on and it came out pretty blurry. Overall I'm happy with it, I think the adidas button that they stick to the bottom left (not pictured) of the thing sucks but other than that it's a really great jersey. I bought an XL on a guess after reading that the sizes run slightly smaller than the last Reebok one I bought that is huge on me. It fits better than the Reebok but I could've gone a size down for sure.

edit: threw up the blurry back shot cause why the fuck not

Marvie_3

Banned
So this arrived today. I took a back shot too but my wife opened the door it was hanging on and it came out pretty blurry. Overall I'm happy with it, I think the adidas button that they stick to the bottom left (not pictured) of the thing sucks but other than that it's a really great jersey. I bought an XL on a guess after reading that the sizes run slightly smaller than the last Reebok one I bought that is huge on me. It fits better than the Reebok but I could've gone a size down for sure.

edit: threw up the blurry back shot cause why the fuck not
You can take those adidas bubbles off. The ones i saw are barely stitched on.

The Leafs just traded for Pickard??

He was on waivers yesterday???

Tobias Lindberg and a 6th.

Okay this allows him to start with the Marlies whereas is they claimed him he needs to be with the Leafs that kinda makes sense.

Canucks lines at practice:

Baertschi-Horvat-Eriksson
Sedin-Sedin-Vanek
Gagner-Burmistrov-Boeser
Granlund-Sutter-Dorsett
Virtanen

Defense I assume is:
Edler-Tanev
Hutton-Stecher
MDZ-Gudbranson
Pouliot-Biega

I guess the 3rd and 4th lines are interchangeable.

Yawnier

Banned
The Leafs just traded for Pickard??

He was on waivers yesterday???

Tobias Lindberg and a 6th.

Okay this allows him to start with the Marlies whereas is they claimed him he needs to be with the Leafs that kinda makes sense.

Think I'm good with this. Lindberg had a bad season last year and has been passed by a bunch of other wingers depth-wise since he came over in the Phaneuf trade and the Leafs goalie depth is pretty shaky. Must mean Sparks or Kaskisuo to the ECHL though.

Socreges

Banned

Sedin-Sedin-Vanek
Gagner-Burmistrov-Boeser
Granlund-Sutter-Dorsett
Virtanen

Defense I assume is:
Edler-Tanev
Hutton-Stecher
MDZ-Gudbranson
Pouliot-Biega

🤢

Ondor

Banned

Sedin-Sedin-Vanek
Gagner-Burmistrov-Boeser
Granlund-Sutter-Dorsett
Virtanen

Defense I assume is:
Edler-Tanev
Hutton-Stecher
MDZ-Gudbranson
Pouliot-Biega

It sucks that Virtanen has to sit out because of this club's loyalty to Dorsett. Virtanen was our best forward all pre-season.

Also I hate the Sedins-Vanek line.

Quick

Banned
I forgot that Lindberg was actually a forward, not a defenceman. In any case, he wasn't going to crack the team anytime soon, so good luck to him.

Pickard though, what's the word on him?

Top Bottom