• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2017 [OT]- Kneelin' and dealin'

I forgot that Lindberg was actually a forward, not a defenceman. In any case, he wasn't going to crack the team anytime soon, so good luck to him.

Pickard though, what's the word on him?

Quick the word on Pickard is that he's fucking BAD.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

I forgot that Lindberg was actually a forward, not a defenceman. In any case, he wasn't going to crack the team anytime soon, so good luck to him.

Pickard though, what's the word on him?

.927 his first two years, .904 last year behind one of the worst teams in the last... long time.

Hard to say definitively but it's such low risk I think it's worth trying out.

Didn't get to post last night after Sabres v Canadians but overall I thought the Sabres played well and better sad that it went to a shootout where our goalie's soul was stripped from his body.

.927 his first two years, .904 last year behind one of the worst teams in the last... long time.

Hard to say definitively but it's such low risk I think it's worth trying out.

Yeah if you look at the numbers and apply them to the team he was on that's the conclusion to be made.

If you watched him in every one of those games though you'd know that he was a big part of why we sucked so bad last year.

And I say this as someone who likes Pickard a lot. And I do hope he can bring it together. But right now, he got beat out by Malcolm Subban. He's bad.

Ondor

Banned
Jonathan Dahlen is going to the SHL!

Hopefully he gets placed with Vaxjo to light up the league with Elias Pettersson!

And then maybe we can stop playing our future number one centre on the wing.

He might be trash but the Leafs goalie depth is already pretty trash so he probably won't make it any worse. For a random AHL player and 6th I think it's worth a try.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
DLeyccPVoAIIW8n.jpg:orig

Needless to say, I approve.

Cory so low? I don't trust these dopeystats

So I just moved Anders Lee onto my active roster and then happened to see this:

1 of 3 adds for this week used
1 of 20 adds for this season used

!!

Wouldn't have made that move otherwise. That's pretty hardcore.

I think that's because you added Hornqvist. I've moved several players back-and-forth from my bench seeing in any change in my adds per week/season.

Why do we have season limits on players added, again? Seems needless and silly.

yyzjohn

Banned
You picked up a guy who couldn’t hang with Malcolm Subban. That’s my point.

Pickard is a backup, and he actually had the best goals against and save % on Colorado last year of all your goalies, one of the worst teams in the modern NHL history. That in of itself is an accomplishment. Vegas took a chance on Subban maybe becoming a starter cause they're an expansion team and can take those kinds of risks. Subban is younger too, nothing wrong with Pickard as a depth goalie.

Pickard is a backup, and he actually had the best goals against and save % on Colorado last year of all your goalies, one of the worst teams in the modern NHL history. That in of itself is an accomplishment. Vegas took a chance on Subban maybe becoming a starter cause they're an expansion team and can take those kinds of risks. Subban is younger too, nothing wrong with Pickard as a depth goalie.

Varlamov started the season playing injured. I watched the fucking games man. Think whatever you're gonna think, Pickard was terrible last year regardless of what was going on in front of him.

yyzjohn

Banned
Varlamov started the season playing injured. I watched the fucking games man. Think whatever you're gonna think, Pickard was terrible last year regardless of what was going on in front of him.

He's not a guy that can start 50 games. In the previous seasons when he was used in 20 or less ganes, like a backup would be used, he was good. That's what you expect out of a #2.

He's not a guy that can start 50 games. In the previous seasons when he was used in 20 or less ganes, like a backup would be used, he was good. That's what you expect out of a #2.
Yeah and I’m telling you that if that’s what you expect out of him right now you’ll be sorely disappointed. Maybe after a few years in the AHL he’ll get back to that.

Erdrick

Pickard, eh? I've met him through some other friends of mine. He'll be happy to play in Canada at least, I know that.

Chris R

gBpflsG.jpg

79uAmTh.jpg

So this arrived today. I took a back shot too but my wife opened the door it was hanging on and it came out pretty blurry. Overall I'm happy with it, I think the adidas button that they stick to the bottom left (not pictured) of the thing sucks but other than that it's a really great jersey. I bought an XL on a guess after reading that the sizes run slightly smaller than the last Reebok one I bought that is huge on me. It fits better than the Reebok but I could've gone a size down for sure.

edit: threw up the blurry back shot cause why the fuck not

Why do you tempt me so :(

I need to buy SOMETHING so I'm not wearing my blank fake jersey in February.

Avs D was especially bad because Johnson missed a large chunk of the year, Zads was out at the end of the year too. Otherwise it's bad, but not as bad as some people make it out to be.

Sans Johnson I think people understand how bad it really was. I don't think a lot of people actually knew that he went down for so long though, it got lost in the general dogpile.

Go get you a Rantanen or MacK or Jost.

If Yakkity Yak has a 40 point season I will go halfsies on a Yak jersey with someone to give to Moose?

a916

I'm thinking about grabbing a Jost one, I feel like he's a good bet, or Makar if he pans out. In the meanwhile I grabbed a McDavid 50 (which is a medium I think?) the next size down is 46 which I believe also has smaller team logos on the front.

Sans Johnson I think people understand how bad it really was. I don't think a lot of people actually knew that he went down for so long though, it got lost in the general dogpile.

Johnson going down really hurt the team, but coupled with the Varlamov injury (and even when he was healthy he was putting up awful numbers). It made for a horrific season. I mean even a bounce back to league averages would mean a gigantic improvement. THey were the poster child of PDO last year... but the opposite PDO versus that 2013-14 run.

Johnson going down really hurt the team, but coupled with the Varlamov injury (and even when he was healthy he was putting up awful numbers). It made for a horrific season. I mean even a bounce back to league averages would mean a gigantic improvement. THey were the poster child of PDO last year... but the opposite PDO versus that 2013-14 run.

Eventually it came out that Varlamov was injured the entire year if I recall, but got shut down when it got worse. He had surgery in the off-season and is now a cyborg.

Chris R

I'm thinking about grabbing a Jost one, I feel like he's a good bet, or Makar if he pans out. In the meanwhile I grabbed a McDavid 50 (which is a medium I think?) the next size down is 46 which I believe also has smaller team logos on the front.

I'd consider a Jost one this year if I was sure he'd stay up the entire season.

If he's stuck on the 4th line, I'd rather have him sent down to the AHL to get top line minutes.

Rantanen though, I could see myself grabbing one.

edit: one more question, are the letters/numbers stitched or ironed on? And this was from nhl.com's store?

PillarEN

What the heck? He was playing in the Czech Republic the whole time and I had no clue? Well to be fair I watch the local league out of the corner of my eye so that makes sense.

Meanwhile, to enrich you all of our soon to be Czech Parliament Vote 2017. Here is our lovely and hospitable political party "Block Against Islam". All you need is the visual cue, but the sign on the building says "social welfare". If this shit was from the Dave Chappelle show I would have god damned believed you. But they are actually playing it 100% straight lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d85sEAxX3AQ

This shit would be all over every single news station back in the States if any politician pulled this before or after Trump. Long live getting away with heinous shit when you live in a homogeneous society? Actually it's getting shat upon on local social media. But actual political repurcusions? Nah. Populism at its finest gets its breath. The dumbest thing about this party is that they change their name to the hot topic scare issue every single time voting comes around. This like their 5th name now? Can't eye roll enough.

Smiley90

What the heck? He was playing in the Czech Republic the whole time and I had no clue? Well to be fair I watch the local league out of the corner of my eye so that makes sense.

Meanwhile, to enrich you all of our soon to be Czech Parliament Vote 2017. Here is our lovely and hospitable political party "Block Against Islam". All you need is the visual cue, but the sign on the building says "social welfare". If this shit was from the Dave Chappelle show I would have god damned believed you. But they are actually playing it 100% straight lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d85sEAxX3AQ

This shit would be all over every single news station back in the States if any politician pulled this before or after Trump. Long live getting away with heinous shit when you live in a homogeneous society? Actually it's getting shat upon on local social media. But actual political repurcusions? Nah. Populism at its finest gets its breath. The dumbest thing about this party is that they change their name to the hot topic scare issue every single time voting comes around. This like their 5th name now? Can't eye roll enough.

I know how you feel brother. The text says "Create Security"

Picture-2_1752355c.jpg

Ondor

Banned
The Vancouver hockey media war has done great things for increased Canucks coverage this year. It almost makes me forget that I still have to wait another day to watch them play a real game. Guess I'll watch Barzal's debut tonight.

The Vancouver hockey media war has done great things for increased Canucks coverage this year. It almost makes me forget that I still have to wait another day to watch them play a real game. Guess I'll watch Barzal's debut tonight.

Are the Canucks and Devils the only 2 teams having their first game on Saturday? It's kinda weird that opening night only had 4 games. They should have made it more of an event and scheduled as many games as possible on that day. Real rivalries too. Leafs Sens, Habs Bruins etc.

Instead we got Leafs Jets (I'm sorry I don't give a shit about Laine vs Matthews and never will) fucking Penguins Blues and Sharks Flyers. Battle of Alberta was the only decent matchup.

Looking back on it opening day in the NHL just kinda... happened.

Smiley90

Are the Canucks and Devils the only 2 teams having their first game on Saturday? It's kinda weird that opening night only had 4 games. They should have made it more of an event and scheduled as many games as possible on that day. Real rivalries too. Leafs Sens, Habs Bruins etc.

Instead we got Leafs Jets (I'm sorry I don't give a shit about Laine vs Matthews and never will) fucking Penguins Blues and Sharks Flyers. Battle of Alberta was the only decent matchup.

Also Carolina, but I don't blame you forgetting they exist.

edit:

Yeah they are. At first I thought it was the China trip but the Kings already played.

Yep. Nothing kills excitement like the Flyers playing the Sharks of all teams

Edit: And apparently Carolina lol

see, I knew everyone forgets about Carolina :lol

Ondor

Banned

Yeah they are. At first I thought it was the China trip but the Kings already played.

Yep. Nothing kills excitement like the Flyers playing the Sharks of all teams

Edit: And apparently Carolina lol

Top Bottom