• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Socreges

Banned
Reimer will be best goaltender.
1B

I can't believe Luongo is going to be our starting goaltender for the next few/several years. So weird to think about. I hope he gets a loud ovation on opening night. Then, after a few days, we can return to scrutinizing his every move/comment/expression.

Cake Boss

Banned
Secret Option #3: Both Cake Boss and Red_Man say stupid shit and then instead of backing down from it, try to change the conversation.

i2q5cxnQKYPkp.gif

So....how about them Leafs signings? Can they afford Joe Kadri Thornton?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Aside from his one playoff round win, he was exceptional against Boston in 2011. Now the rest of his playoff appearances...

calder

uV1tP6T.jpg

Buff looking good.

I saw that this morning, almost literally squealed.

Can't wait, he looks amazing. My Buff-loving brother totally called it all summer too, he said he was sure based on Buff's end of season comments and basic demeanour after he faded badly down the stretch that Buff was going to get into shape this summer.

Ladd and Byfuglien are also great pickups that they got. Byfuglien is in much better shape this year and if Ladd has as good a season as he did last year...

I am so pumped to see what this team can do this year and beyond.

I'm keeping my expectations in check a bit simply because the West should be pretty tough this season and every team always looks great in the offseason. Well, I'm trying to keep my expectations in check, it's getting harder. ;)

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/20...last-season-hockey-analytics-expert-concludes

It seems a new book on hockey analytics makes some bold predictions. I have some interest in this stuff so it'll be neat to see how accurate this is. Obviously I have some vested interest here as well :lol
Wow! So insightful. Oilers suck and Sens would've been better with their top Dman, scorer, and goalie.

Regular Eklund, this guy.

If the Leafs were really that bad, how did they make the playoffs this year of all years and nearly beat the Bruins, of which they were the only team to take them to game 7?

What I saw is that they got the Bruins monkey off their back since the games were a lot closer this year, they were able to break Sabres' trap and get around Miller's goaltending, and they also beat the Pens a few times.

I am worried about losing some great players, but when even Leafs critics say something positive about Bernier, they gotta be doing something right. Additionally, while our PP was shit, it should definitely get better with people screening the goddamn net to force an inside play instead of Kessel going around the perimeter and relying on his wrister.

Edit: trade Phaneuf, keep Kadri and Franson. That's all we can do unless we can magically sign Franson for peanuts, we'll have to trade him. Karri isn't going anywhere.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
One page left until new OT?

NHL-Offseason OT2: Let the Bryzgalov sweepstakes continue

Solo

Price has the potential to be a top tier NHL goalie, but due to his consistency issues, his reality is currently that of a mid tier NHL goalie. You never really know if Price is going to let in 5 softies or stand on his head from night to night.

Fucale will be a great insurance policy in a few years.

Samyy

Junior, we can't keep him at that price. His stock is the highest now than it's ever going to be. Franson is younger. I'm not sure what we would trade him for though...a 1st and a prospect?

Lose Phaneuf and our already shit defence goes into deeper shit
We don't have a solid, dependable #2 - just a bunch of #3,4,5,6s and you think we can afford to get rid of our only decent #1? Who would replace his minutes against the toughest opponents lines?

Losing Phaneuf would set us back quite a bit unfortunately, who could replace them? We would have to significantly overpay any #1 D that gets to free agency and that doesn't happen that often.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Lose Phaneuf and our already shit defence goes into deeper shit
We don't have a solid, dependable #2 - just a bunch of #3,4,5,6s and you think we can afford to get rid of our only decent #1? Who would replace his minutes against the toughest opponents lines?

Losing Phaneuf would set us back quite a bit unfortunately, who could replace them? We would have to significantly overpay any #1 D that gets to free agency and that doesn't happen that often.

Best. Return. NOW! :mad:

Wish the NHL had the balls for a boycott.

Absolutely not, and Patrick Burke himself says why

The indelible, inerasable images of individual, personal protest and triumph endure eternally, even in the minds of those who disagree with the cause being supported. Billie Jean King played her heart out for women everywhere. Muhammad Ali was stripped of his heavyweight championship for his refusal to fight in the Vietnam War. Jesse Owens walked into Berlin and took four gold medals from Hitler’s chosen Aryan race. Say “1980 Olympics” to your average American, and they remember the Miracle on Ice, not the failed boycott.

In 1968, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar refused to play in the Olympics as a protest against the treatment of blacks in America. The same year, Tommie Smith and John Carlos stood on a medal stand, gloved fists in the air, as a protest against the treatment of blacks in America. History remembers the athletes who showed up.

The time has come for us to recognize that politicizing sport only limits sport’s real potential to change the world. Russian extremists say that being gay means to be lesser; it is to be weak, to be soft. What will they say when (not if, when) a gay athlete wins a gold medal in their country?

Round up the LBGT athletes, and support them. Let them win gold on Russian soil and spit on their backwards ideals of humanity.

Montresor

MS gave me 1600 MS points of credit on my account because I called support and I said "I am not pleased with the Bioshock Infinite season pass release schedule and I am not pleased with today's crappy horde mode."

Only catch is the system is incapable of revoking my original purchase. So I still own the license to the season pass. I will get permanently banned if they catch me using my season pass to download any content for free.

No problem, as I don't want to play the stupid horde mode anyway, and I can wait until the god-tier Rapture DLC goes on sale.

Cactus

Banned
Re: Phaneuf

While I do think that he's really underrated (especially around these parts), I'm not sure signing him to the eight year deal he's most likely asking for is a smart move. Will he still be a top-pairing D in three or four years? Probably, but past that is a crapshoot, and I don't feel comfortable giving him 7m+ until he's 36.

Nonis has a tough decision to make.

MS gave me 1600 MS points of credit on my account because I called support and I said "I am not pleased with the Bioshock Infinite season pass release schedule and I am not pleased with today's crappy horde mode."

Only catch is the system is incapable of revoking my original purchase. So I still own the license to the season pass. I will get permanently banned if they catch me using my season pass to download any content for free.

No problem, as I don't want to play the stupid horde mode anyway, and I can wait until the god-tier Rapture DLC goes on sale.

Both episodes are $15 dollars each, even if they go on sale it's probably only going to end up being the $20 you spent on the season pass. Hell with the Xbox One coming out in November they probably won't put much support on 360 sales by the time the second part of Burial at Sea comes out. You should have just kept the Season Pass as it's a good deal even if you don't want the horde mode.

Anyway, there was an article in which Hejduk said he was told he was done with the Avs as he wouldn't be a top-6 forward, not really anything new to that, but He also said he didn't want to move unless he got a good offer. So not only does he want a sizable contract he wants to play in a top-6 role. I don't see that happening, I bet he retires.

Erdrick

I have a habit of buying games and not playing them for a year. I bought Deus Ex HR 2 years ago and just started it last summer. (Great game, minus the bosses, Also I see Calder has been playing it according to PSN as of recent times.) and I just played Sleeping Dogs over the past month and finished it (A feat in itself, these days) even though I bought it nearly a year ago when it came out.

I bought The Last Of Us on release and I've played about 2 hours of it. Maybe in a year I'll get around to playing it fully, I'm just not into a game like that at the moment.

I actually want more Sleeping Dogs! Anyone here play the DLC levels? Worth getting?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I bought BioShock in 2008 and didn't start it until last fall. I played the first couple of chapters and haven't touched it since.

I've been meaning to go back to it, but lately the only thing I've been in the mood to play is Split/Second. Solid arcade racer.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Anyone here listen to the Weeknd, in particular Leafs-Gaf? I just grabbed tickets for his show at Masey Hall in October, so pumped.

Top Bottom