• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

Samyy

Sorry for off-topic.

When writing a follow-up email for a job interview:

Do you guys think "I hope to hear from you" is better or "I look forward to hearing from you"? The latter seems more assertive but I'm not sure if that's the correct message to convey lol.

Definitely " I look forward to"

Matt Dumba has looked stellar on the powerplay thus far this preseason. 5v5 he has looked up and down and he is never going to get penalty kill time.

He should probably play in the AHL this year but seeing him in the NHL for a while wouldn't be such a bad thing.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I know the Flyers are playing a pretty shitty roster, but at least the Rangers actually look like they're the superior roster playing a bunch of scrubs. So used to this team playing down to the competition's level.

Kids are looking phenomenal too. A few lapses here and there, but you have to expect that.

Haggerty and Duclair are really making cases for themselves. Wouldn't be surprised to see one or both of them get yet another look tomorrow against the better Flyers.

I think Philly made a mistake signing Mason to an extension. He's a very underwhelming starter.

This Mrazek kid looks really promising in Detroit. He could steal Howard's job sometime. Howard's decent, but overrated.

I still don't hold Crawford up there in the elite, but I guess I should given his two cups. His team is so good defensively, though.

That said: Maybe I just don't watch him enough.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I still don't hold Crawford up there in the elite, but I guess I should given his two cups. His team is so good defensively, though.

That said: Maybe I just don't watch him enough.

Crawford is good enough to not cost a team a cup but he's not winning the cup for a team by himself unlike other elite goaltenders might. No MAF, I'm not looking at you.

I hope Bernier will turn into a superstar. Reimer had the chance to be really good, and still does, but his confidence hasn't been there as of late.

He's not as good as he was when he first broke into the League as an unexpected starter.

Tabris

Every year that goes by, the more John Garrett's voice annoys me

I dislike everything about sports net. From the old and boring Canucks announcers, to the bad black slate graphics everywhere, to the poor panels.

Curufinwe

I think Philly made a mistake signing Mason to an extension. He's a very underwhelming starter.

This Mrazek kid looks really promising in Detroit. He could steal Howard's job sometime. Howard's decent, but overrated.

He's been great in the regular season and in the playoffs for us.

Curufinwe

When I saw Duclair was drafted after Goulbourne I felt sick. I give Homer credit for Laughton, Stolarz, Ghost, Leier, Morin and Hagg but he fucking wasted our 2013 3rd rounder.

RC

Banned
Every year that goes by, the more John Garrett's voice annoys me

I dislike everything about sports net. From the old and boring Canucks announcers, to the bad black slate graphics everywhere, to the poor panels.

But they're getting a fancy new set!

Now if they could only get some fancy new graphics.

I like Toronto's SportsNet team, but some of the others are annoying. American announcers are kind of annoying/boring, too.

Joe Bowen is the man.

Tabris

They need a player that has played in the modern hockey age to comment. They usually have much better insight / colour.

That's why I don't mind someone like Ray Ferraro.

Tabris

Don Taylor & Gary Vaulk are good but getting too old. Sportsnet is just too old.

I think I'm also bitter about lack of TSN. I love everything about TSN. James Duthie and Bob McKenzie are the best in the business at what they do.

Quick

Banned
I think I'm also bitter about lack of TSN. I love everything about TSN. James Duthie and Bob McKenzie are the best in the business at what they do.

Duthie is cool, but my opinion of Bob McKenzie has dropped considerably.

TSN's coverage was great, and I'm glad the Leafs have some games covered by them this season, but their on-air people aren't as amazing or great as I thought they would be.

zroid

Banned
It is probably too early to draw any conclusions about how SportsNet's national (HNIC) broadcasts will be, but their regional broadcasts do suck. TSN's regional stuff seems to be about the same calibre as their national stuff last year, which is good.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I may have missed it, but did the Rangers officially name McDonagh as captain yet?

Also, I've enjoyed the Sportsnet commercials so far for their NHL coverage. More amusing than TSN anyways.

RC

Banned
Every hockey panel needs:

An ex-hockey player, who actually knows what he's talking about.
An ex-hockey player who doesn't know what he's talking about. The dumber the better.
An old loudmouth who thinks the louder he is the more right he is.
The unassuming hockey journalist, who is actually the most knowledgeable one on the panel.
The mediator.
And the wild card. Sometimes right, sometimes wrong but always entertaining.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Every hockey panel needs:

An ex-hockey player, who actually knows what he's talking about.
An ex-hockey player who doesn't know what he's talking about. The dumber the better.
An old loudmouth who thinks the louder he is the more right he is.
The unassuming hockey journalist, who is actually the most knowledgeable one on the panel.
The mediator.
And the wild card. Sometimes right, sometimes wrong but always entertaining.

Sounds like your average TSN panel

Except the last 2 combined are duthie

Top Bottom