• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

I am fine with you saying get rid of Vasquez and to a lesser extent Ross but get rid of JV?

Are you mad you animal? He's 22 years old and isn't even featured in our offense and youw ant to get rid of him?

Fight me....

FIGHT MEEEEEEEE!!!

FINE

JV. Can stay. Ross and Vasquez can be traded.

I hope Lou Williams Stays.

History is history. Gotta always look forward.
On that road to rebuild, even before the lottery luck, Oilers are a few miles ahead of the Sabres/Leafs.

If they had decent management, the Oilers would absolutely be way closer to being good than Buffalo/Toronto.

But instead they have guys seemingly content to have no defense, no goaltending, no leadership.

But maybe McDavid will be so overwhelming that he can turn that laughable "offense wins championships" comment into reality. Either that or he attracts so many good free agents to Edmonton that they can't screw things up no matter which ones they sign?

Parch

Even when the Oilers were 3rd I didn't want them to pick Hanifin. Risky pick IMO. I bet he goes 5th. I don't know how anybody can pick Hanifin when Strome and Marner are sitting there.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
In 2018 for two prospects and a third-line grinder.... because he might have an attitude.

I honestly hope he pulls a Lindros

what's the modern-day equivalent of

"The Flyers trade had the Nordiques receiving Steve Duchesne, Ron Hextall, Kerry Huffman, Mike Ricci, the rights to Peter Forsberg, the Flyers first-round pick in 1992 (7th overall) and 1993, and $15 million"

?

zroid

Banned
He probably should, if for no other reason than Katz. Too bad he's a good kid and he doesn't have crazy parents either.

"The Flyers trade had the Nordiques receiving Steve Duchesne, Ron Hextall, Kerry Huffman, Mike Ricci, the rights to Peter Forsberg, the Flyers first-round pick in 1992 (7th overall) and 1993, and $15 million"

?

Not even Christmas morning could be so sweet.

Syrinx

?

Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Max Domi, Anthony Duclair, five first-round picks, and the entire state of Arizona.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Sabres sign Eichel's BU linemate Evan Rodrigues.

Finished second in points in college hockey behind Eichel. Had more points this year than previous years combined thanks to playing with Eichel.
So he'll be the Kunitz to Eichel's Crosby

?

Dion Phaneuf, Jonathan Bernier, Roman Polak, Connor Brown, the rights to William Nylander, and the Leafs first-round pick in 2015 (4th Overall) and 2016, and $26 million.

Samyy

Since we may be taking Hanifin this draft, I wanted to go back and look at the history of defencemen taken in 1st round:

zea1VJE.jpg

So yea, looks like you have a much better chance of finding a #1 D in the top 5, but there are a lot of...busts? Unless your Toronto you at least got a 2nd-pairing D.

Of course, going to compare with forwards taken later.
Also by god 2006-2007 was some terrible drafting/years for defencemen.

2005 it looks like the best D might be Stralman, Vlasic and Hajlmarsson all outside the first round.

Smiley90

Since we may be taking Hanifin this draft, I wanted to go back and look at the history of defencemen taken in 1st round:

zea1VJE.jpg

So yea, looks like you have a much better chance of finding a #1 D in the top 5, but there are a lot of...busts? Unless your Toronto you at least got a 2nd-pairing D.

Of course, going to compare with forwards taken later.
Also by god 2006-2007 was some terrible drafting/years for defencemen.

2005 it looks like the best D might be Stralman, Vlasic and Hajlmarsson all outside the first round.

Luc Bourdon in grey :'/ that's not fair, man

Parch

That's actually really interesting. Is there one for forwards? I'm wondering if defencemen are more risky picks than forwards.

There are 21 defencemen projected to be picked in the first 2 rounds this year. Probably a complete crap shoot as to which ones might actually turn into something valuable.

Samyy

That's actually really interesting. Is there one for forwards? I'm wondering if defencemen are more risky picks than forwards.

There are 21 defencemen projected to be picked in the first 2 rounds this year. Probably a complete crap shoot as to which ones might actually turn into something valuable.

I can do one for forwards, just off the top of my head its probably much much better for forwards.

Quick

Banned
Hey, JetsGAF. Take a knee for a moment, eh.

penn-state-team-training-in-ucd-today-2-630x424.jpg

Sucks to see your team get eliminated so quickly. Seeing the crowd in the MTS Centre was pretty heartbreaking. Lots of respek to the team and the fanbase for being the best crowd in the NHL right now. That was Stanley Cup-levels of insanity, and I can only imagine how much louder and more insane it would be if the Jets actually get to the Cup finals.

As a Leafs fan, I wish our crowds could be like that during games. All I really hear when I'm at the ACC is chatter and the one or two guys trying to amp up the crowd, only to give up because no one wants to do it. Raptors crowd is a lot better.

Your team is an up and comer, and hopefully gets much-needed assets to improve. There's plenty of work to do, but at least you guys got a taste of the playoffs.

Chin up, keep it real, and there's always next season.

itxfV8nsotwql.gif

Fuck you guys,
Quick

Clydefrog

gg Jets, even if you were partly responsible for LA not making the yoffs.

Quick is right though; your crowd was amazing. It would be an honor to meet you in the yoffs.

Samyy

I just noticed Samvy's tag :lol wtf

holy shit lmao

I've had it for a while now haha :(

Anyway:

vqdgUFv.jpg

Forwards are much harder to classify, wasn't sure what to do with Setoguchi given his quite exit from the NHL. Gagner was a top-six player at one point but also fell off after a few years. Could some of the 2010 guys end up being better than they are right now? Maybe!

So yea this is based on production.
Likely made a mistake somewhere since I'm kinda tired.

Forwards in the top 5 are as close to "sure things" as you'll find in the NHL draft. Always end up playing, very rarely less than a top six player.

Smiley90

I've had it for a while now haha :(

Anyway:

vqdgUFv.jpg

Forwards are much harder to classify, wasn't sure what to do with Setoguchi given his quite exit from the NHL. Gagner was a top-six player at one point but also fell off after a few years. Could some of the 2010 guys end up being better than they are right now? Maybe!

So yea this is based on production.
Likely made a mistake somewhere since I'm kinda tired.

Forwards in the top 5 are as close to "sure things" as you'll find in the NHL draft. Always end up playing, very rarely less than a top six player.

Hey, MacMillan plays on the fourth line for us THESE PLAYOFFS AND WE KEEP COMPLAINING ABOUT HIM.

Unless that's a different MacMillan.

.. Is that E.Kane or P.Kane? Because P.Kane is not a top6 forward.

And Foligno is a top-line forward, he was 11th in scoring on a non-playoff team.

SAMVY GET IT TOGETHER

isn't Connolly a bust?

Samyy

Hey, MacMillan plays on the fourth line for us THESE PLAYOFFS AND WE KEEP COMPLAINING ABOUT HIM.

Unless that's a different MacMillan.

.. Is that E.Kane or P.Kane? Because P.Kane is not a top6 forward.

And Foligno is a top-line forward, he was 11th in scoring on a non-playoff team.

SAMVY GET IT TOGETHER

isn't Connolly a bust?

Different MacMillan
Uhhh E.Kane in the Tavares year, Smelly P.Kane was 1st overall in 2007
Foligno's never been above 50 points until this season so I don't know what to do with him haha
Connolly may well be but I'll have him one full season with the Bruins before declaring it official

Smiley90

also doesn't Schroeder play on like the third line for the Wild? I could've sworn

Top Bottom