• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

calder

Does that not indicate that you must have particular Rogers plans?

Very Cleary, yes.

Eh.

THANK YOU LORD

God damn I hate Wyshynski. Just, so so much.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
As clarification on the NTC/NMC on Stepan's contract, it sounds like the NTC is for years 3 and 4 with the no move for years 5 and 6.

Stepan's signing also pretty much concludes business for the Rangers until training camp. About $425k under the cap with a 23 man roster currently.

Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva 15m15 minutes ago

#rangers Derek Stepan: 15-16 $8M, 16-17 $8M, 17-18 $7M, 18-19 $6M, 19-20 $5M, 20-21 $5M. #tvasports
18 retweets 7 favorites
WTF? Are these numbers backwards? :D

Sanjuro

He kept Tuukka.

He ain't a friend of yours.

I'm still having a hard time burying him without seeing any kind of product to be seen. Nothing seems to connect really though.

That was an entertaining day. They had 3 draft picks in a row and all picked odd players that wouldn't be in the first round.

At least you guys still have Subban

Only the third pick. Maybe they saw something else.

Subban still has work to put in. He looks great down in Providence.

Socreges

Banned
Very clearly, yes.
Thank you for the douchey response after zroid had kindly and adequately answered!

Rogers had communicated the half-year promo last year as being only for certain customers, yet had quietly opened it up to all Rogers customers. Hope the same goes this year

Stasis

Stepan contract is fine. Contracts in general are rising too quickly, especially if the CAD keeps doing as well as it has been. Another lockout will probably occur.

But as things stand, for our definite #1C (regardless of your definition of the term, where many of you seem to confuse #1 and "elite") and a guy who's among the better two-way/defensive centers, yeah we're good with cap and term. Most of us anyway.

Now if only he could win a faceoff. =P

calder

Thank you for the douchey response after zroid had kindly and adequately answered!

Rogers had communicated the half-year promo last year as being only for certain customers, yet had quietly opened it up to all Rogers customers. Hope the same goes this year

You're very welcome! I knew you, of all people, would appreciate the pedant's touch in a reply.

calder

Hmm, I was just informed I'm being reclassed again. Second time this year I get a higher position and salary bump, despite my best efforts.

The other day we were talking renumeration and I admitted I think I'm paid probably $10-12/hr more than I should be based on what we do and the fact you could train a monkey to do half of it.

Won't be giving any back though. Thanks suckers beloved taxpayers!

calder

Nashville gets four national games as opposed to the measly one from last year. Moving on up, I suppose.

I wonder how many consecutive Cups the Jets would have to win to get on NBC. At least two I think, probably 3 or 4 lol.

Oilers vs Sabres is all kinds of hilarious. Let's hope both teams still mostly suck (I'm reasonably confident they will) so it's a 5-4 OT game.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I count 13 NBC/NBCSN Rangers games, including Rangers-Lightning twice (mgrgr), Rangers-Blackhawks twice (clearly pining for the SCF that could have been), Rangers-Bruins twice, and Rangers-Penguins THREE TIMES.

Which is fine, I'm all for clowning Sidney Crosby live on national television as many times as they'll let us.

I count 13 NBC/NBCSN Rangers games, including Rangers-Lightning twice (mgrgr), Rangers-Blackhawks twice (clearly pining for the SCF that could have been), Rangers-Bruins twice, and Rangers-Penguins THREE TIMES.

Which is fine, I'm all for clowning Sidney Crosby live on national television as many times as they'll let us.

Kessel will do the damage.

Hmm, I was just informed I'm being reclassed again. Second time this year I get a higher position and salary bump, despite my best efforts.

The other day we were talking renumeration and I admitted I think I'm paid probably $10-12/hr more than I should be based on what we do and the fact you could train a monkey to do half of it.

Won't be giving any back though. Thanks suckers beloved taxpayers!

Government?

calder

Isn't basically everyone* cheering for Kessel though? I don't actually know anyone who's legit anti-Kessel, I kind of just assume everyone is hoping he gets 50 this year just to stick it to Steve Simmons.

* ignoring ppl who naturally cheer against the Pens of course

Quick

Banned
Reporting for duty!

Let's DO this!

Penguin-Waiters.gif

I dont believe you, but we can be friends, tentatively

Woo! Let's do this~!

anigif_enhanced-18731-1402510123-1.gif

Isn't basically everyone* cheering for Kessel though? I don't actually know anyone who's legit anti-Kessel, I kind of just assume everyone is hoping he gets 50 this year just to stick it to Steve Simmons.

OCDChewie is anti-Kessel.

Or maybe he's not? It's hard to tell.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

I'm rather looking forward to Kessel making the Toronto media look like the buffoons they are, actually.

Just not on our time, though.

Yawnier

Banned
I know a few leaf fans who didn't like Kessel, but they are mainly the ones who read the Toronto Sun, listen to Bob McCown and believe that he had a character problem and shit

Socreges

Banned
Government?
It's such a sweet gig. GF is in government. 5 weeks vacation and she's in her mid-20s. How the fuck. Private has a higher ceiling for salaries, I'd say, but apart from that government wins handily in so many ways

How dare you take my wind? Give it back! Mine!

The douchiness was inadvertant tho'. In my head it was more of a casual shrug, but I can see how it would read all Tabrisy. I'll save the real salt for the inevitable Canadian Division that QC's entry will create.
Watched about 5 episodes of Veep yesterday and now every post has a veneer of antagonism

Sabres fire (or "mutually part ways with") president Ted Black. Last hold-over from the Regier era, eater of the turd-burger. Replaced with Russ Brandon from the Buffalo Bills.

A source told The News’ Bucky Gleason the Bills and Sabres owners, Terry and Kim Pegula, found how operations worked smoothly with the Bills and wondered why the Sabres had so many problems. A source also told Gleason that Black refused to engage with co-workers and was viewed as a weak leader and administrator.

It's such a sweet gig. GF is in government. 5 weeks vacation and she's in her mid-20s. How the fuck. Private has a higher ceiling for salaries, I'd say, but apart from that government wins handily in so many ways

My parents have been hounding me to get a government job for years. The perks are fewer (no free yoga, beer kegs, etc.) and the pay is likely lower, but the security is incredible (government isn't going anywhere) and the benefits are great too. The culture is supposedly perfect for a laid-back non-ambitious person like me. However, I'd probably have to go to Victoria, Ottawa, or some small town to work.

I was pretty surprised when my ex wanted to leave her government job, but it's not for everyone.

Top Bottom