• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

I have meant to start that show every night for about two weeks but I just can't seem to find the time, and when I do there's something else I'd rather be doing. So it goes with me and television.

Last night I tried to upgrade my 8-year-old laptop to Windows 10. I got an "incompatible display" error, so I updated the graphics driver, ran Windows Update, fiddled with the registry, and then uninstalled the graphics driver. It didn't work.

Can I just download an ISO to force the install through?

Line_HTX

Don't make me step on you.

image.php

Yawnier

Banned
Trump is basically an anime character so

There's an obscure forum I sometimes visit for shits and giggles, and there is someone on there who is obsessed with Hatsune Miku who also happens to be a diehard Trump supporter.

So yeah there are some strange ones out there.

There's an obscure forum I sometimes visit for shits and giggles, and there is someone on there who is obsessed with Hatsune Miku who also happens to be a diehard Trump supporter.

So yeah there are some strange ones out there.

Honestly, I'm not surprised. Most of the otakus I know are pretty hardcore alt-righters from the Chans, so it makes sense.

Just like Trump, she's like a beacon for idiots. They all come out when they hear the call.

Fuckin' aye. And the worst part in this whole 'left vs right' ideology that's REALLY taken a hold of us lately (I honestly don't remember a time where "Leftie" was hurled around as an insult as much as it has recently) is the fact it all boils down to two things: Hate vs Love.

Like, that's it. It's just that simple. Some people want to love other people, and some people hate everyone that isn't them or similar to them and value money or perceived "safety" from terrorists the fear the media instills in them, and the false notion of safety it offers them.. It's disgusting.

Started watching Stranger Things at 1am, ended up going to sleep at 5. I really liked Super 8, so this is hitting that area really good.

I'm up to episode 4. I'm doing graveyard shift in a NOC, and our lights go off every 2 hours unless we hit a button. Everybody on my team has voted that we leave the lights off (when it's just us) so that we can watch Stranger Things in the dark.

Fuck watching it during daylight hours and fuck watching it with halogen lights above your head. It's too atmospheric and PERFECT.

More to the point though, I was wondering what about it made me think of something recent that hit the exact same nostalgia nerve (apart from all the retrowave/outrun hotline miami/drive stuff of recent) and that was it - Super8! I'm so due for a rewatch!

Don't mention that name.

Do not give him attention.

He uses the search function to find threads he's mentioned in.

oh god we found anime tÄbris

Trump is basically an anime character so

https://youtu.be/ZbM6WbUw7Bs

Socreges

Banned
Wait, on the site or in the actual paper?
In the actual paper.

And the front story in that section (which is second from the front!): America on the Brink? We can thank the US Liberal Elite

The Sun is shit, but it's relatively liberal. Bizarre that the National Post has gotten its fingers in there.

In the actual paper.

And the front story in that section (which is second from the front!): America on the Brink? We can thank the US Liberal Elite

The Sun is shit, but it's relatively liberal. Bizarre that the National Post has gotten its fingers in there.

Huh? The Sun is a postmedia paper. They've always been pretty conservative. They endorsed Harper for fucks sake.

They literally rose from the ashes of a Conservative broadsheet

Further edit: Seems like the Vancouver Sun was more liberal until Post Media bought them in 2015. I stand corrected, but still feel it's a shit paper.

Here's a simple way to tell:

Is it a part of the Rupert Murdoch Media Empire?

If YES: It's Conservative, and very far right, biased and dangerous.

If NO: Woah, you're reading an independent media source? Careful, you might experience a myriad of different perspectives. Some dangerously dumb and bad and some Very Good and Fair. Use extreme caution.

Huh? The Sun is a postmedia paper. They've always been pretty conservative. They endorsed Harper for fucks sake.

From what I have read of the Vancouver Sun, I always thought of it as not like the other Sun's present in other Canadian cities, but still under the same brand and company.

If that's the case, then I guess I will continue not to read the Sun.

Here's a simple way to tell:

Is it a part of the Rupert Murdoch Media Empire?

It's Conservative, and very far right.

talking about the Canadian Sun which is very different from the UK Sun

From what I have read of the Vancouver Sun, I always thought of it as not like the other Sun's present in other Canadian cities, but still under the same brand and company.

If that's the case, then I guess I will continue not to read the Sun.

See my above edit. I didn't realize the Toronto Sun and Vancouver Sun weren't under the same company until 2015.

Stasis

Haha, sorry. 87 degrees with a butt load of humidity.

I just finished moving my first yard of gravel to the area. Suddenly I'm not so sure I'll only need two yards.

I have 4 tons of gravel in the driveway behind our cars. It's just been too fucking humid to deal with all that. I still have to dig out half of the patio section. We ripped out all the sod and dug half of the soil but it's clay mostly so it's a huge pain in the ass to wheelbarrow out. Just moist and heavy. Digging about 8 inches deep. 20' x 14' main patio area with a side section for our BBQ and then a smoker/charcoal blablabla.

After the gravel it'll be a layer of sand and then probably a mix of dark slate 2' x 2' pavers and pea gravel. With a pergola type structure over half of it. So much fucking work. Should have done this in the Spring. Or wait until the Fall. This weather is terrible for manual labor. Good workout tho.

I should have paid someone. =/

I thought they were a part of the same parent company (News Corp). My mistake. It's Postmedia Network.

Turns out Rupert Murdoch has TRIED to get a foothold in Canada, and failed with each attempt. Stay pure you beautiful Northern bastards :') <3

Yeah, I believe the Vancouver Sun was the last Sun in Canada that hadn't been bought out by Postmedia.

Did they still have sunshine girls? Was there just an informal network of 'Sun' labelled papers? I have inadvertently stumbled into a mystery.

I have 4 tons of gravel in the driveway behind our cars. It's just been too fucking humid to deal with all that. I still have to dig out half of the patio section. We ripped out all the sod and dug half of the soil but it's clay mostly so it's a huge pain in the ass to wheelbarrow out. Just moist and heavy. Digging about 8 inches deep. 20' x 14' main patio area with a side section for our BBQ and then a smoker/charcoal blablabla.

After the gravel it'll be a layer of sand and then probably a mix of dark slate 2' x 2' pavers and pea gravel. With a pergola type structure over half of it. So much fucking work. Should have done this in the Spring. Or wait until the Fall. This weather is terrible for manual labor. Good workout tho.

I should have paid someone. =/

We are in the same boat. Doing at 11x13 patio, just the rough rectangle it is. One of the main reasons I'm doing it is because my yard is super slanted. I've got to build one side up almost nine inches (about six over the grass level) on one side.

All the stones are in the backyard, which is good, and obviously the sod is all taken care of (that sucked hard). Now it's just wheeling gravel from the side of the house to the back, leveling it all, then putting the chips and dust down, then the stones, then the silicate for between the cracks, then build the gazebo who's purchase prompted this whole nightmare in the first place.

Edit: And tamping. Can't forget the tamping.

Socreges

Banned
Further edit: Seems like the Vancouver Sun was more liberal until Post Media bought them in 2015. I stand corrected, but still feel it's a shit paper.
And there we have it. I don't live in Vancouver anymore, so had no idea. Wow.

That's scary. I wonder how many people, such as my parents, have continued to read The Vancouver Sun without noticing the ideological shift.

I thought they were a part of the same parent company (News Corp). My mistake. It's Postmedia Network that own it, which is owned by Shaw Communications.

Turns out Rupert Murdoch has TRIED to get a foothold in Canada, and failed with each attempt. Stay pure you beautiful Northern bastards :') <3

I've noticed something, Canada doesn't have a Fox News-esque channel. We did once called Sun News but that channel went under pretty quickly. It was very Pro Conservative and had very poor production value. It looked like a Public Access Channel.

And there we have it. I don't live in Vancouver anymore, so had no idea. Wow.

That's scary. I wonder how many people, such as my parents, have continued to read The Vancouver Sun without noticing the ideological shift.

Could be worse. My dad reads the Post on purpose.

I've noticed something, Canada doesn't have a Fox News-esque channel. We did once called Sun News but that channel went under pretty quickly. It was very Pro Conservative and had very poor production value. It looked like a Public Access Channel.

Remember when they tried to force cable companies to carry them? For some reason they didn't trust the free market to buoy them.

The amount of hardcore conservatives is pretty much non-existent compared to the US, so that sort of shit won't fly.

Even the most stringent Conservative in Canada is still a far cry from the far right in the US that FOX News panders to.

Top Bottom