• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Acid and I will probably tell you to read Hawkeye by Matt Fraction. It's a standalone series, so there's no need to know any previous storylines or something. It's not long, since it only started last year, so you'll blow by this pretty fast.

My default go-to recommendation has always been Y: The Last Man. 60 issues, so it's a pretty hefty read.
Those are the first two I automatically picked up :lol Hawkeye because you guys rave about it, and Y:The Last Man because it was free. Reading comics on this with retina display is gorgeous, I could see myself getting into them because of it.

Can't wait to use ":lol who cares Norris" everytime someone complains about him next season.
But he's a locker room cancer, attitude problem, goes for hits too often, can't play defence blah blah. Remember at the beginning of the season when people were comparing him to MDZ during his contract talks? Or when people said he's not even in the same universe as Karlsson? Good times.

Vman

Hey Alucard, Cake Boss and all 6 disgruntled Minnesota fans

zhICB2K.gif

im not mad, everyone knows Suter is better.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
So the theory is that the Patriots made (or prematurely "leaked" [that's what she said]) the Tim Tebow signing announcement to get people to pay attention to mini camp and get back in the media spotlight, since it's been all Bruins here for the last few weeks. If that's the case, it worked, because that's really all they fucking talked about on the radio today, no exaggeration.

UberTag

So the theory is that the Patriots made (or prematurely "leaked" [that's what she said]) the Tim Tebow signing announcement to get people to pay attention to mini camp and get back in the media spotlight, since it's been all Bruins here for the last few weeks. If that's the case, it worked, because that's really all they fucking talked about on the radio today, no exaggeration.
If only Tebow was as good at playing football as he is at being a media distraction.

Quick

Banned
Those are the first two I automatically picked up :lol Hawkeye because you guys rave about it, and Y:The Last Man because it was free. Reading comics on this with retina display is gorgeous, I could see myself getting into them because of it.

Awesome. I definitely read a lot more comics due to my iPad.

And if you want something weird and off-the-wall, there's also The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. There's only 3 volumes to go through.

But he's a locker room cancer, attitude problem, goes for hits too often, can't play defence blah blah. Remember at the beginning of the season when people were comparing him to MDZ during his contract talks? Or when people said he's not even in the same universe as Karlsson? Good times.

And I hear Subban can't jump. :(

Alucard

Banned
Not even mad about Subban likely winning the Norris.

The annoying part about waiting to see what happens with the Pens next season is that the regular season doesn't mean shit anymore. All I care about is their performance in the playoffs. Have to wait 11 months until the real season starts, provided that the Pens make the playoffs.

Not even mad about Subban likely winning the Norris.

The annoying part about waiting to see what happens with the Pens next season is that the regular season doesn't mean shit anymore. All I care about is their performance in the playoffs. Have to wait 11 months until the real season starts, provided that the Pens make the playoffs.

So you've become a Kings fan, but with the Pens.

Alucard

Banned
So you've become a Kings fan, but with the Pens.

No, no. I'll watch the regular season, but all I'll remember in the end is their performance in the playoffs. Don't care that the Pens finished first in the East this season or that Dupuis had a career year...both are great accomplishments, but without a Stanley Cup, things like that just feel hollow at this point.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Get this football shit out of here. Worst case, post about it in the offseason thread where we can drown it in E3 and Animal Crossing talk.

Red_Man

Awesome. I definitely read a lot more comics due to my iPad.

And if you want something weird and off-the-wall, there's also The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. There's only 3 volumes to go through.
The format on iPad and how easy it is to download and browse makes it a lot more appealing to a casual guy like me instead of having to walk into a hardcore comic shop not knowing what the fuck I'm doing. Is TLoEG anything like the movie? I'm more interested in off the wall stuff instead of typical super hero stuff anyways.

They should make Subban a forward.
It would definitely being interesting, he has the skills to be a power forward, love to see him play with AGally for a few shifts :lol

Quick

Banned
The format on iPad and how easy it is to download and browse makes it a lot more appealing to a casual guy like me instead of having to walk into a hardcore comic shop not knowing what the fuck I'm doing. Is TLoEG anything like the movie? I'm more interested in off the wall stuff instead of typical super hero stuff anyways.

Completely different. It can get pretty messed up.

MacAttack

Get this football shit out of here. Worst case, post about it in the offseason thread where we can drown it in E3 and Animal Crossing talk.
For better or worse, the following post makes Tebow relevant to the Stanley Cup discussion:

I'm loving it.
I hate to admit that I enjoyed the Tebow circus a little bit. I wanted to hear some Bruins talk but, in retrospect, it served as a good distraction between series. At this point in the playoffs, there isn't much left to talk about anyway.

Never get tired of Drunken Bruins Recaps (embedded audio clips at bottom of article).
I really hope the Patriots miss the playoffs. My most hated team in football.
Patriots missing the playoffs happens about as often as the Leafs making the playoffs.

Cake Boss

Banned
Penguins.............

BWAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

SMASH LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL

BEST TEAM IN 109 YEARS LOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLL

inuD4d0Ncf97J.gif

KRIS LOLTANG

ibgCGwlvMvx2h5.gif

Quick

Banned
Penguins.............

http://i.minus.com/inuD4d0Ncf97J.gif[IMG]

KRIS LOLTANG

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ibgCGwlvMvx2h5.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/iQ9qUQz2ByK9S.gif

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

It would definitely being interesting, he has the skills to be a power forward, love to see him play with AGally for a few shifts :lol

I was just joking :lol

Just remembering the time when hfboards was flooded with threads wondering if Montreal should make him a forward because he'd never be an NHL defenceman based on his scouting reports.

ShaneB

Penguins.............

KRIS LOLTANG

I'm so confused at the point of a rant like this. Your team got eliminated and manhandled by these very same Pens. *shrug*

Hunter S.

Da Hawks got this baby!!! Westside bitches!!!!

By the way, the early game times for this series suck big time. Must be even worse in the Pacific time zone.

Red_Man

I was just joking :lol

Just remembering the time when hfboards was flooded with threads wondering if Montreal should make him a forward because he'd never be an NHL defenceman based on his scouting reports.
I wouldn't do it seriously, but I'd love to see him play a few shifts at F.

ShaneB

Long slow day at work, so excited for the game tonight. Should be great hockey. Want the Hawks to win badly, but as I predicted, I think the Bruins are going to win in 6. I think this gets intense right away from the first shift.

calder

The finals often seem so.. desultory. Like all the passion, salt and joy is used up in the first two rounds of the playoffs and by the end I can barely remember it's not over yet. It helps that my teams either never make it past the first round or, more typically, never make it to the first round. I only have so many hockey fucks to give in a year (about 150 total, so maybe half of bar crawling Pat Kane), and by June I'm just tapped out.

Well, Chicago in 6. Not sure why the Bruins are such huge favourites most places, I think the Hawks should be a narrow favourite in a near pick-em series right? Mostly I can't stand the thought of a Boston team winning anything again for a good long while. Greedy fucks.

Alucard

Banned
Gonna be hilarious watching Rask get exposed when the Hawks actually get some guys in front of the net or don't hit 8 posts in 4 games.

Go Hawks. Bruins are lucky shits.

Top Bottom