• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It should be a good match up, but I hope the Hawks erase the Bruins in 4, no mercy, lets end this season already.

UberTag

Glad to see most of NHL-GAF is against us. Bruins and their fans REVEL in being underdogs.

United Center announced they are preparing for a power out.
Makes me nostalgiac for Bruins-Oilers 1988 and the infamous Stanley Cup finals blackout.

Worth watching this clip to be aware of the protocol in play if a playoff game is started and unable to be finished due to an act of god.
The result of the game will be anulled regardless of score at the time it is suspended and the game will be moved to the end of the playoff schedule (if necessary).

Game 1 would be in Chicago.
Games 2 and 3 would be in Boston.
Game 4 would be in Chicago.
Game 5 (if necessary) would be in Boston.
Games 6 and 7 (if necessary) would be in Chicago.

Solo

Who will win? Bruins in 6.
Who do I want to win? I want the other 28 owners to lockout the players and have no Cup awarded.

Sanjuro

Going to be listening to a majority of the series via radio. Can't wait. Good luck, Chicago-age.

Hopefully Rask doesn't continue to fuck things up.

UberTag

Hopefully Rask doesn't continue to fuck things up.
image.php

I've been wearing my Bergeron jersey all day and have no plans to take it off before game time tonight.
If the Bruins find themselves in a deep hole, my magical jersey powers will cause the United Center to lose power and the game to be cancelled.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Welp, here we go. Should be a great series. I'm more of an "adult" than I was two years ago, and this time I don't feel like we're facing an opponent that I couldn't stomach to see win a Cup, so best of luck to Hawks-GAF! Marv, Rev, Apoc... <3

Also, to all the rest of you losers, there'll be no asterisk on this Cup. Original Six, bitches. Fuck a lockout.

MacAttack

Good intro by NBC, nobody says "Raymond Bourque!" like Bill Patrick.

The broadcast crew is a little bland. I would prefer home town announce crews for each team and a national broadcast.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Good intro by NBC, nobody says "Raymond Bourque!" like Bill Patrick.

The broadcast crew is a little bland. I would prefer home town announce crews for each team and a national broadcast.
I'm sick of Doc Emmerich. I don't hate the guy, but the only people that love him are other media people &#8212; always showering him in praise. Listening to the commentary on the radio instead. Goucher rules.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
There's a difference between being an underdog, and the majority of people hoping your team burst into flames.

Basically. Not that I hope much better fate for Chicago... But... They're the lesser evil. Plus, they beat the Queens.

vatstep

So weird that Chicago is getting fucked by shitty weather tonight. Two years ago for Game 1, there were tornadoes in Western Mass, and I lost power after the 1st period. That sucked.

MacAttack

I'm sick of Doc Emmerich. I don't hate the guy, but the only people that love him are other media people — always showering him in praise. Listening to the commentary on the radio instead. Goucher rules.

Im hooking up the radio at second intermission.

edit to an earlier post: Fred Cusick, the former B's announcer, had many great "Raymond Bourque!" goal calls.

UberTag

Game 1s this playoff season...

Bruins 4 Leafs 1
Bruins 3 Rangers 2 [OT]
Bruins 3 Penguins 0

Blackhawks 2 Wild 1 [OT]
Blackhawks 4 Red Wings 1
Blackhawks 2 Kings 1

Which of these teams will draw first blood?

Best of luck Hawks-GAF!
Best of luck fellow playoff beard growing-GAF!
May the best team/beard taste victory!

Top Bottom