• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL - There might just be a Season (part deux)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malakhov

Banned
Fan 590 reports "press conference MAY be scheduled by NHL for later today."

Unconfirmed by NHL, not denied either.

dem

UPDATE: Sportsnet has learned overseas players Miikka Kiprusoff (Timra) and Aki Berg (Timra) were pulled from their league games Saturday to avoid injury. Fellow NHLer David Aebischer (Lugano) has reportedly packed up his belongings and is awaiting word from the meetings in New York City. Sodertalje, a team which employs numerous pro players, including Scott Thronton, Kyle Calder and Niclas Havelid, have reportedly voted 100 per cent to return to the NHL.

Malakhov

Banned
FAN590's Howard Berger who is sitting outside the NHL office in NY cited multiple "unconfirmed" sources saying they are setting up a press conference for later today.

Malakhov

Banned
pestul said:
Leafs win. No one honors it. :p
I'd honor it. I mean come on, who cares if the season is 28 games long. The playoffs is where it's at, anything can happen there.

And yes Leafs fans you can hold on to me with what I just said, I WOULD HONOR IT. I want a canadian team to win the cup, ANY canadian team even if it has to be the Leafs.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
28 game season + up to 28 game playoffs = 2 playoffs in one! Arrrr!! I'm pysched!

hurry up and sign the papers and let's get playing1

pestul

I almost sense there could be some demeaning photoshops in the works from NBA/NFL elitists if this all falls through.. don't let that happen.

Malakhov

Banned
pestul said:
I almost sense there could be some demeaning photoshops in the works from NBA/NFL elitists if this all falls through.. don't let that happen.
Like I care, I just want my game back :D

SickBoy

Malakhov said:
FAN590's Howard Berger who is sitting outside the NHL office in NY cited multiple "unconfirmed" sources saying they are setting up a press conference for later today.

Yeah, a press conference means nothing.

"Heh, you know all that stuff you heard today and yesterday that no one would comment on? Well, turns out we couldn't agree to a deal. Sorry."

Malakhov

Banned
They wouldn't call a press conference for that, they'd just deny the rumors.

Call a press conference to announce the season is still cancelled? Don't think so, it's been done wednesday, no point in doing it again.

SickBoy

With the flurry of press out there saying there's a deal and the fact that it's no secret there's a last-ditch meeting of sorts today, it would be stupid not to address the media whatever the outcome.

That said, I'm heavily leaning to "this is a deal." So I don't think the league/PA are going to bear me out on that.

Finally, I'd like to reiterate that both parties involved are stupid SOBs for the way this thing's been handled in its entirety.

Olli Jokinen was pretty confident that deal gets done and he will leave Finland next thurday at latest.... He talked about "real reliable sources"....who knows... Anyway, he was on tv couple hours ago.

This doesn't look good

Those douchebags

Farhan Lalji says that the talks are over for the evening, and there won't be a presser :s

Sportsnet says talks didn't go well

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
There was no immediate word on the outcome of the session or whether more talks were planned.

that's what sportsnet said.

they say no progress because they don't know of any progress.

Socreges

Banned
"Now you wanna smoke some of my stuff? Because I'd be out of my mind to say that!!"

:lol

I don't know the context, but it was hilarious seeing an old man saying that on Sportsnet

Malakhov

Banned
Clearly the owners are to blame now, the NHLPA was all about negociating today and the league keep holding up on the same proposal not willing to move at all.

I was pro-owner up until now, FUCK THEM.

mrroboto

Banned
don't jump to conclusions yet:

"Comments: Tsn.ca has leaked, the meeting came to an end at 3:11est and a press conference will be held at 6:00est, that a deal as been reached, and games to start by march 2."

grain of salt but there's still hope.

mrroboto said:
don't jump to conclusions yet:

"Comments: Tsn.ca has leaked, the meeting came to an end at 3:11est and a press conference will be held at 6:00est, that a deal as been reached, and games to start by march 2."

grain of salt but there's still hope.

wtf

Kon Tiki

Banned
Malakhov said:
On ESPNEWS, in the lower right hand corner it says

NHL DEAL IMMINENT
Not to derail the thread. That espn poll is ludicrous.
4) What is your biggest complaint about watching hockey on television?

Too many breaks in the action
Too hard to follow the puck

You can fit a whole shift of hockey in between baseball pitches.

fallout

According to The FAN 590, Daly says there is no hope of the season being saved. Focus is being placed on keeping talks going to come back as strong as possible for next season (paraphrasing).

Malakhov

Banned
Alright fuck this, I give up. I'm not following this shit until it's resolved, I don't need my favorite sport to play mind games with me, girls already have that job.

So see you whenever NHL, I don't care anymore.

fallout

Malakhov said:
Alright fuck this, I give up. I'm not following this shit until it's resolved, I don't need my favorite sport to play mind games with me, girls already have that job.

So see you whenever NHL, I don't care anymore.
Funny thing is, I'm starting to find this entertaining.

As for the "too many breaks in the action" ... uhhh, football? Baseball? Not that I'm knocking those sports, but I love how hockey has that certain flow to it. And if they can't follow the puck, we could always make it glow, right?

Malakhov

Banned
Btw, anyone has experience with a league running on GM Editor? I'm joining a friend's league (very good one wich rocks) soon and I was thinking that maybe we us hockey fans here at GA could have one since this NHL bullshit is going on for too long.

This is the software I'm talking about:

http://www.fhlsim.com/

Malakhov

Banned
Would people be interested? This could be great if everyone participates, doesn't require too much time either 'cept the draft after that it's only sending in your lines etc.. or trading via messenger.

I'd be game to run this if someone would team up with me, we could get a league going on. The software even generates everything for the website, we'd only need a host.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom