• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch |OT|

LuuKyK

21.7GB

lol.

wtf
help.gif

I will be waiting for the phisical copy thanks.

Goli

257 MB out of the 16 GB file and nothing for the other 5 GB file.
In a way I guess that's good since it's about 10 PM where I live, I'm guessing it'll be done by when I'm up tomorrow but the wait is horrible ):.

Emilbus

Playing on normal and i'm noticing that there is a slight spike in difficulty every time you get into a new zone/area on the map. I've had to do some grinding when i move to a new area and i'm basically fighting everything that doesn't run away from me from the previous zones. I don't mind it though but i know some people hate grinding, even though it's basically a part of JRPG.

Um, what's the point of naming the Wizard's Companion?

Nothing, there's just a page in there with the 'signature' of the name you selected that you agree to the terms of agreement of the book so to speak.

Opie666

Banned
someone told me the game is like a pokemon game where you have to catch monster and can raise them and mix them together, is that true?

NIN90

814 Minutes Left

I can live with that. Hitting the bunk now. Gonna play it in 20 hours from now when I get back from work.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Bout an hour and change in--and it's what you'd expect. Awesome, amazing, etc.

I keep taking quick internet breaks because I want to prolong this as long as possible, but since I have the next 2 days off I know it won't be doable.

beanman25

Game came from amazon, but the case is pretty much shot. Cracked in all four corners. Wouldn't even close.

Game/cover/manual seem fine, so I'll just switch the case with something else.

Still stuck at work, but I am definitely picking this up on the way home tonight. Played through the demo last night and loved it. Haven't really played a good jrpg since Lost Odyssey. Looking forward to this!

Andrew.

Banned
Barely into it because Ive taken so much time being baked and soaking in the world, but jesus christ. If you grew up in the prime Squaresoft era of the 90's, then this is your cup of tea laced with every sprinkle of pure awesome. fuck nostalgia. this is the real deal all over again.

Still waiting for the Wizard's Edition to arrive later this week, but my guide came in today.

I have to say I'm really impressed. Didn't know there was like 50+ pages of interviews and concept artwork hidden in it. Shocked that Amazon has it backordered a good month or two now, guess it must be selling well.

zeopower6

IF i went to target would they have this in stock?

Maybe? I hear that Targets only have like 10~ copies in stock. I'd call beforehand (though explaining what "Ni no Kuni" is might be a hassle) or just check it out while shopping for other things. Target actually stocked the game last week and put it on shelves but it could not be sold until today. Hope you can get it!

I keep hearing this...link?

It was #1 on the Best Buy preorder ranking and there's also this...

The game also appears to be selling with most shops selling out but these are also places that only stocked like 5-10 copies each... but it's still a sellout... I guess?

Still waiting for the Wizard's Edition to arrive later this week, but my guide came in today.

I have to say I'm really impressed. Didn't know there was like 50+ pages of interviews and concept artwork hidden in it. Shocked that Amazon has it backordered a good month or two now, guess it must be selling well.

it's the translated guide made by level-5 for japan.

Majmun

Ni no Kuni is up on PSN! 54.99 USD.

This made me go run to my PS3 and buy the game instantly. And I was just browsing the thread on mobile while lying in bed.

Screw the waiting. I want to play this asap. Hopefully the download will be ready when I'm awake in a few hours.

Eusis

I may buy that guide afterall then. It's one thing if it were just some BradyGames/Prima guide made quickly with a half assed effort, it's another if it's a high quality guide that got translated instead, as the hope was.

I've been playing the game for a while and think I got the hang of everything by now. Anyways I came to warn future owner's of this game and people just starting it off.
SAVE YOUR GAME FREQUENTLY!
I can't specify because I don't want to spoil anything, but i thought I was safe at a certain part of the game but was blindsided by a random boss. I didn't save the game about 15mins from that part of the game so I would've been really crapped if I didn't win it (I was literally running away half the battle because I didn't want to lose and start over). So this is just a warning to some. Like I said I can't specify the part (I'm guessing ppl far in the beginning of the game know what I'm talking about) but I'm just warning people.

Damn my brother just won some sweepstakes on FB, got the White Witch Wizard edition n the strategy guide.

Still gonna pick up my own copy regardless.

So the area they start you out in...I hesitate to cross the street because Oliver's a child and it's fucking dangerous. What if he got hit? First thought that came to mind. This game is having a marked effect on me.

Mikey Jr.

Ok, I kind of have a problem with this game already. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I can see why someone says it can be hard.

The thing is that enemies have these special attacks that are DAMAGING. Like they can knock 30% of your health sometimes. You see them powering up, and you want to use defend, but it seems impossible. You have MAYBE 2 seconds to cancel your attack, use the dpad to switch over to defend, press defend. It happens in real time, so by the time you can hit defend, you've already been hit with the special attack.

There doesn't seem to be anyway to pause the action when you seem them powering up to choose defend.

Ok, I kind of have a problem with this game already. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I can see why someone says it can be hard.

The thing is that enemies have these special attacks that are DAMAGING. Like they can knock 30% of your health sometimes. You see them powering up, and you want to use defend, but it seems impossible. You have MAYBE 2 seconds to cancel your attack, use the dpad to switch over to defend, press defend. It happens in real time, so by the time you can hit defend, you've already been hit with the special attack.

There doesn't seem to be anyway to pause the action when you seem them powering up to choose defend.

uhhh..you can use L2/R2 to scroll through menus, so you can use the left analog stick to move and L2/R2 to scroll menus.

Top Bottom