• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

I'm about halfway through my second playthrough and it feels really unnecessary. Seeing a few bits of dialogue and cut scenes that could have been
in playthrough 1 with 2B except this time I've got significantly worse combat
Idk.

It's be totes worth it

And you can practically speed run it as well

Ferrio

Banned
Though Id try Hard after beating normal. One hit kills? No thanks.

Shame as, normal feel to easy most of the time.

Ya the difficulty spike to Hard is weird. The combat is a lot more entertaining but the one hit deaths are BS. I think that's my only big complaint about the game.

Dio

Banned
How many runs/playthoughts do I need to do to get most of the story?

Just got ending A

You only need to do
2 'playthroughs' - doing Route B after finishing A which is Route A from a different perspective, and then C, D and E are completely 100% new content but all five are necessary.

Dio

Banned
Also I have a question about Route B.

I was exploring the forest and warped back to the Resistance camp, but suddenly got one of those memory flashbacks where the robots were protecting their king baby and suddenly I was near the end of the castle level. I assume that's story related. Is it?

Exentryk

Also I have a question about Route B.

I was exploring the forest and warped back to the Resistance camp, but suddenly got one of those memory flashbacks where the robots were protecting their king baby and suddenly I was near the end of the castle level. I assume that's story related. Is it?

Yeah, those are story related.

Exentryk

Fanart.
C7_gU6HVQAALD-A.jpg

Menome

So I defeated the Level 50
Martial Arts robot
at Level 30 in a long, gruelling battle thinking it was the final iteration. Then I find out there's a Level 60 fight.

I may save that for my second playthrough. That IS the last one though, right?

Main Story-wise, just finished the
Flooded City giant robo-whale
boss, which was a spectacular set-piece. Taken me a while to get there (About 30 hours in) as I'm trying to do all the side-quests I can so that I can just breeze through the story on all of the other routes.

LotusHD

Banned
I don't know why there hasn't been a thread with all the fanart and cosplay for this game in the same way there's been for Splatoon and Overwatch? This game was made for that thread. I've genuinely seen some amazing stuff on Twitter and Instagram.

Same, surprised it hasn't been made already. Just remind people to keep it SFW... :p

OniBaka

I don't know why there hasn't been a thread with all the fanart and cosplay for this game in the same way there's been for Splatoon and Overwatch? This game was made for that thread. I've genuinely seen some amazing stuff on Twitter and Instagram.
It will likely get derailed

Thinking about Pascal just makes me :(

Because first pic of the commander = locked haha

OniBaka

True, I guess, you don't want to get it too out of hand. All the same, its a shame there's not a thread to keep it all in check. I do want to do it, but as you rightfully point out, it could - and, lets be honest, likely will - get out of hand with NFSW content.
Could always try I guess and believe in humanity.

Holy shit! First I saw
Godzilla then there's Pacific Rim?!

Let us know how you feel after.

Exentryk

Guys, your non spoiler posts are hints enough to make some connections. Damn it, I'm going to have to stay away from this thread.

Keasar

So the soundtrack has been released but I can't seem to find anywhere to buy it digitally from where I am (Sweden).

I keep getting an error message on Amazon.co.uk that tells me that I can't purchase it with my credit card because it isn't "local" which I assume means I do not live in the UK.

Are there any other options besides having to buy the seriously expensive physical CDs (Square Enix EU store wants a 35 euro shipping fee ontop of the 22 Euro price for the CDs)?

Moonkid

The song where I'm finding the biggest difference between the game rips and the CD upload on Youtube is Possessed by a Disease, the levels felt off compared to how the song sounds in-game.
So the soundtrack has been released but I can't seem to find anywhere to buy it digitally from where I am (Sweden).

I keep getting an error message on Amazon.co.uk that tells me that I can't purchase it with my credit card because it isn't "local" which I assume means I do not live in the UK.

Are there any other options besides having to buy the seriously expensive physical CDs (Square Enix EU store wants a 35 euro shipping fee ontop of the 22 Euro price for the CDs)?
It's on iTunes.

Airan

Yowzer. I was wincing at a £5.45 shipping fee lol. Bit the bullet though, don't use iTunes sadly. Praying for a Google Play Music release, as was done with FF15.

Moonkid

Is there any significance to the short dialogue 9S and 2B have before
going to Pascal's village after the Simone boss? It's when they notice the cargo? in the sky.
Not in Sweden it seems.
Hm, I haven't used iTunes in a while so I wasn't sure whether regions are a thing sorry.

Doesn't look like it.

Thank you.

Boooooooooooooo!

Guess I'll keep Western release pre-order, then.

If lack of 8-Bit versions is a deal breaker for you, then you may want to get your pre-orders in for the CD set because, according to the SE webstore, said versions will only be included with initial run of the release.

ramyeon

Is there any significance to the short dialogue 9S and 2B have before
going to Pascal's village after the Simone boss? It's when they notice the cargo? in the sky.
Hm, I haven't used iTunes in a while so I wasn't sure whether regions are a thing sorry.
Route B end spoiler.
In Route B 9S finds out that those are mostly empty and only sending up water and parts since there are no humans on the moon.

Top Bottom