• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nikkei: PSP2 to sport 3g connectivity, OLED touchscreen

Brettison said:
Epic Games= UE3= PS3 like power?!?!?!
That doesn't mean anything. The UE3 also runs on the iPhone and iPad and it could probably run on your toaster, if Epic would port it. :lol

Why isn't there a new thread for this event? I know the Nintendo event had one.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Uncharted PSP2?

Also, can we get PS2 games on PSN since I have never owned a PS2? I would like to see what Ico and Shadow of the Colossus is all about.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Deadly Cyclone said:
Uncharted PSP2?

Also, can we get PS2 games on PSN since I have never owned a PS2? I would like to see what Ico and Shadow of the Colossus is all about.

Buy a ps3.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
DMPrince said:
it won't. 5 minute introduction. 10 minute recapping 2010. 10 minutes sales. 10 minutes on future of ps3. 5 minutes of PSP history. 15 minutes to reveal psp2. 10 minutes talking about promises. 10 minutes talking about games that could be possible. 15 minutes total of awesome trailers that makes no sense.

pretty much.

Lard

Banned
Big Ass Ramp said:
I keep wondering how HE is the EIC at the biggest game blog online. He thinks the PSP 2 will be $199 AND digital only. There's no way it will be digital only.

Crecente:
99 percent of the reason I play games on the iPhone is because it's a phone.

Jesus Christ - candidate for idiot of the year? I think so.

btkadams

Deadly Cyclone said:
Uncharted PSP2?

Ico and SotC are coming out on blu ray in an hd collection for ps3. i'm assuming you have a ps3?

KtSlime

I got a bad feeling about this.

My predictions:

Not backwards compatible (except maybe PS1 games)
Under powered hardware
Too little ram
Way too small internal storage (8-16GB)
Android powered so performance will be poor
Screen resolution < iPod/iPhone
~4 hour battery
30$/m network fee (optional)
DD only
50$ games
Multitouch screen/gyro/3G/oled

Yeah, that's about it.

Noshino

Busaiku said:
So which blog is the one worth following?

Kotaku is usually good before the show, during the show I usually go to Engadget or Adriasang

Both of the usually put a lot of info, and their pictures go up pretty quick as well. The problem with Adriasang though is that their site gets bombarded and often times it can't handle it :C

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
MikeE21286 said:
Ill probabl follow engadget. They have pics up fast from what i remember during the 3DS one.

Engadget is a lot more tolerable, but I think the liveblog at Kotaku will get the info out quicker. You may be a minute or two behind the news.

btkadams

ivedoneyourmom said:

My predictions:

Under powered hardware
Too little ram
~4 hour battery
DD only
50$ games

Yeah, that's about it.
what would be wrong with 8-16gb internal storage if it has an sd slot from which you could hypothetically boot games?

ivedoneyourmom said:

My predictions:

Under powered hardware
Too little ram
~4 hour battery
DD only
50$ games

Yeah, that's about it.
A lot of those have been confirmed as not true, I think. Like the DD one, and the screen resolution. And I don't know what "underpowered hardware" means, but I think this is exactly where the PSP2 will deliver (more than the 3DS).

KtSlime

btkadams said:
what would be wrong with 8-16gb internal storage if it has an sd slot from which you could hypothetically boot games?

I'm sure Sony will figure out a way to mess that up.

Guess: can't boot games from SD slot *security feature*

Mrbob

Jay-B said:
It's for moments like this that I love this industry :D

Definitely. There is nothing quite like the moment of a new hardware unveiling. Especially one that has actually done a decent job keeping most things under wraps.

Top Bottom