• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 2+ |OT| The Feel of Ninja Gaiden 2

Mesharey

I've gotten all the costumes and beaten it three times now (acolyte, warrior and mentor) and have the last ninja race left (tips anyone? I'm having a bitch of a time getting from markers 2 to 4 with a decent amount of time to do the staircase)...
I used Scythe's UT to finish it.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
How is Senran Kagura btw? Does it have a place where you can practice combos/attacks? It looked sort of like a deeper
much more perverted
Dynasty Warriors game to me, but everyone I know that has it seems to be having fun with it.

It's a lot of fun, but it's not a particularly deep game. There is a training mode but this isn't a full-on fighting game and doesn't have the kind of depth to warrant lots of time spent playing.

OmegaZero

It's a lot of fun, but it's not a particularly deep game. There is a training mode but this isn't a full-on fighting game and doesn't have the kind of depth to warrant lots of time spent playing.

Ah, okay then.
What's the combat like?

Team Ninja is being dissolved.

I'd create a new thread but I can't.

I know the article mentions a restructuring but from the sounds of it Team Ninja itself might be done for.

So Ninja Gaiden is dead?
R.I.P. Ninja Gaiden Razor's Edge+.

EDIT: Ah, a restructuring. I remember this now.

Revan

So Ninja Gaiden is dead?
R.I.P. Ninja Gaiden Razor's Edge+.

EDIT: Ah, a restructuring. I remember this now.

I wonder if the failure of the last few NG games (NG3, NGS2+ *im assuming - it wasn't well received by critics and most players* and the double dip on NG3:RE - has Tecmo ever released sales figures on the NG games in the last year?) had something to do with this.

I don't think NG is dead but I don't know know if you'll see another game done by "Team Ninja".

Edit: spelling (god I hate iOS autocorrect)

Lyte Edge

Ah, okay then.
What's the combat like?

Typical musou style in terms of the button layout and combos- you beat waves of dumb enemies and then confront your opponent. Again, it's not a particularly-deep game, but it's fun -albeit perverted beyond belief (good or bad depending on how you feel about that, lol)- and some of the characters have some pretty cool/stylish attacks.

Just don't expect anything near Ninja Gaiden in terms of challenge.

OmegaZero

So apparently some of the UN missions have been beaten.
Someone on GameFAQs details how he beat UN04.

There is still hope!
Sort of.

EDIT: And thanks, Lyte. I'll be getting the game once my new Vita memory card comes in on Wednesday.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I can't decide if I want to buy this or not. I already own NG2 twice (one sigma version).

OmegaZero

I can't decide if I want to buy this or not. I already own NG2 twice (one sigma version).

If that's the case, I'd only recommend it if you enjoyed Ninja Gaiden Σ+.
The missing co-op still hurts, and the new features don't really justify a repurchase if you have no interest in a portable Ninja Gaiden.
EDIT: Also, the Platinum is next to impossible to get, so not much incentive there.

I love replaying these kind of games over and over, so it was an easy decision for me. If the DMC HD Collection was ported to the Vita, I would probably never need another handheld. :b

Lyte Edge

EDIT: And thanks, Lyte. I'll be getting the game once my new Vita memory card comes in on Wednesday.

Are you going to be account switching? I just got the DLC for it. Or should I say, I just paid 1000 yen for an unlock code. More on-the-cart "DLC." :/

OmegaZero

Are you going to be account switching? I just got the DLC for it. Or should I say, I just paid 1000 yen for an unlock code. More on-the-cart "DLC." :/

Yup, hence the new memory card. :b
I figure I'll get a bunch of stuff that I always wanted to play, but could never because I didn't want to reformat my 32GB.

Lyte Edge

Even I didn't buy this. Think about that for a sec.

You will buy.

Yoda_SWSB.jpg

You WILL buy.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Couldn't resist. Bought it.

So this is still a pretty impressive game. I mean, the framerate and resolution seemingly drop randomly, but it does look good. To think that they squeezed a game that runs on consoles drawing 150 watts and up into a 10 watt power envelope...really impressive.

Should have chopped more, but still. Wow.

OmegaZero

I don't see this on PSN. Could be a glitch.

I see it, but then again I bought it. :b
Some other people are claiming that there's no content when they click on it.

Couldn't resist. Bought it.

So this is still a pretty impressive game. I mean, the framerate and resolution seemingly drop randomly, but it does look good. To think that they squeezed a game that runs on consoles drawing 150 watts and up into a 10 watt power envelope...really impressive.

Should have chopped more, but still. Wow.

Glad you seem to be enjoying it. I feel that they stuck a nice balance between playability and visual impact, but part of me still longs for the mostly native res of Sigma Plus.

Revan

I pretty much gave up tbh. They are pretty much impossible to beat without a partner.

The game is not available on the PSN Vita Store (when accessing from the Vita itself - I can confirm this as I got it retail) which is making me wonder if there is a patch coming for the game....

I've been going after most of the trophies that are accessible (Mastered the Path of..., 1000 Kills with X Character and the Ninja Races Gold trophy *which I still have yet to try - someone suggested UT Scythe above*).

Once I've done all those I think I might be done with it. I have no idea what the hell Team Ninja was thinking with the Tag Missions - they were made for 2 human players.

Have you managed to get anywhere with them?

OmegaZero

In terms of the UN missions, I've come close to beating UN02 and UN04.
UN02 was mostly by luck, died on the Fiend Genshins after getting one down to 1/3rd health.
The 30fps seems to make loops harder to do on the UN04 Fiend Ryus.

OmegaZero

Ninja Gaiden Σ2+ is apparently still missing from the PSN store. >_>
Does anyone know anything about this yet? There's got to be some reason why they just pulled it with no fanfare.

Related to a Vita exploit perhaps?

EDIT: To clarify, by missing I mean you go on the store and it's there, but you click it and it tells you "there are no content items".

Revan

It looks like you *might* be able to buy it on the PSN Webstore and then download it on your Vita....which I'm not gonna try cause there is no way I'm wasting 40$ on this again.

There hasn't been any word (that I've found anyway) as to why it was pulled. Peeps on GameFAQS think it could be patch related...

OmegaZero

It looks like you *might* be able to buy it on the PSN Webstore and then download it on your Vita....which I'm not gonna try cause there is no way I'm wasting 40$ on this again.

There hasn't been any word (that I've found anyway) as to why it was pulled. Peeps on GameFAQS think it could be patch related...

I certainly hope so.
All we can do is wait (and play the game if we have it). :/

EDIT:
I decided about 5 days ago that I was gonna buy this. Tecmo or sony don't want my money, evidently.

Yeah, one of my siblings wanted this as well and discovered that it was gone.

pa22word

Ninja Gaiden Σ2+ is apparently still missing from the PSN store. >_>
Does anyone know anything about this yet? There's got to be some reason why they just pulled it with no fanfare.

Related to a Vita exploit perhaps?

EDIT: To clarify, by missing I mean you go on the store and it's there, but you click it and it tells you "there are no content items".

I purchased the NGS+/NGS2+ combo pack on PSN just fine, so it's still up in some form I guess?

Oh and uh, the framerate is pretty garbage thus far. Oh and has anyone else noticed that IS ninja don't throw incendiary shurikens anymore on warrior >.>?

Overall the game feels even easier than Sigma 2 =\

Revan

I purchased the NGS+/NGS2+ combo pack on PSN just fine, so it's still up in some form I guess?

Oh and uh, the framerate is pretty garbage thus far. Oh and has anyone else noticed that IS ninja don't throw incendiary shurikens anymore on warrior >.>?

Overall the game feels even easier than Sigma 2 =

They do - just later on in the game.

NGS2+ was a huge step down in quality from NGS+ sadly. I don't think that this was done by Team Ninja Dog - there is a theory that the game was sub contracted out to someone for the Vita development, which I'm inclined to agree with.

Getting a platinum is impossible with the game as well :(

Top Bottom