• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge confirmed for PS3,Xbox 360

Goody

Funny to think that somewhere out there, I'm sure of it, there is someone who will buying this game for the third time at full price.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So should I expect a Bayonetta Sigma 2 in the near future for PS3 and 360 (or PS4 and 720)?

faridmon

This is just a shitty practice. Hope the game bombs. They could have at least announce this at the same time as the WiiU version, but no, they had to pretend that it was exclusive and all.

Screw Team Ninja!

Funny to think that somewhere out there, I'm sure of it, there is someone who will buying this game for the third time at full price.

Surely they can't ask full price for this.

"Here's our shitty game. Enjoy!"

"Oh we fucked that one up. Here's a slightly better version for full price, again. Enjoy!"

Metallix87

They also got some extra modes and Ayane as a playable character.

My point was, the game was drastically different in Sigma 2 form. This time, it seems like there's less of a difference. It's basically some added bells and whistles on top of the Wii U game.

My point was, the game was drastically different in Sigma 2 form. This time, it seems like there's less of a difference. It's basically some added bells and whistles on top of the Wii U game.

By letting Tecmo Koei publish it in Japan initially, Nintendo shows that they really give don't a shit about keeping the game exclusive over there.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
This is just a shitty practice. Hope the game bombs. They could have at least announce this at the same time as the WiiU version, but no, they had to pretend that it was exclusive and all.

Screw Team Ninja!

I hope you're not this guy too. :p

Welp, I bought a Wii U for this 3 weeks ago. I only sort of regret it, but I was able to play it now and that's what I needed.

No, that would be the original NG3 release on PS3/360. I would've had to buy a Wii U next month for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate anyway. Not a big deal.

Nah Wii U beta tested too. You guys beta tested the new build :3

Team Ninja is the new Google

BETA.EVERYTHING

Yagharek

I think going by the history of the franchise, what with Sigma versions and now Razor's Edge, it was always safe to assume it would turn up elsewhere down the line.

I can't imagine many people would be genuinely shocked by this if they had been aware of the series' porting history since the original XBox release.

Yeah, and that game stayed on Xbox 360. The PS3 got a heavily modified version, with less action on screen, and reduced gore and blood.

They pulled the gore and blood because it made the 360 version run like shit. Remember the legendary staircase of lag? It's a shame, I still prefer the 360 version purely for the ultra violence. But at least reviews punished Team Ninja for removing the gore in hopes to teach them a lesson, but that unfortunately didn't work.

Kusagari

They pulled the gore and blood because it made the 360 version run like shit. Remember the legendary staircase of lag? It's a shame, I still prefer the 360 version purely for the ultra violence. But at least reviews punished Team Ninja for removing the gore in hopes to teach them a lesson, but that unfortunately didn't work.

Steps of lag was awesome.

One of the most memorable parts of the game.

I think going by the history of the franchise, what with Sigma versions and now Razor's Edge, it was always safe to assume it would turn up elsewhere down the line.

I can't imagine many people would be genuinely shocked by this if they had been aware of the series' porting history since the original XBox release.

Tecmo Koei + Nintendo's relationship may be different from Microsoft + Tecmo's relationship.

EDarkness

I don't care that it's making the jump from the Wii U, but re-releasing the game again on the same systems it was originally released on is kinda wrong. I hope no one buys it so that they can stop that practice.

Ridley327

I don't care that it's making the jump from the Wii U, but re-releasing the game again on the same systems it was originally released on is kinda wrong. I hope no one buys it so that they can stop that practice.

Seeing as how the original release of NG3 was a sales disaster, you may get your wish!

Hope it's not difficult for them to provide the Ninja Trials and extra costumes to Wii U owners, but honestly that's so little compared to the sheet amount they did in the first place on Wii U.

Here's a thought; how will the game look and run now, since the added dismemberment was the culprit behind the extra bits of slowdown, could be interesting to see if it runs even worse on PS3 or 360, depends if they better optimize it, what part of a console deals with this, CPU, GPU, or possibly RAM?

Erethian

It's also likely to be a full-priced release in Japan, for extra hilarity.

Not unless Nintendo says so. They are funding that one.

It won't surprise me if Nintendo does something like what they did with Fatal Frame 4 and acquire the sole publishing rights to Bayonetta 2.

klee123

Sorry, I don't consider that a good trade.

It was a much better trade for me since I didn't have to put up with sections which ran like shit.

Not to mention the better pacing by removing the crappy puzzles sections which added nothing to the experience whatsoever.

Let's not even get started with Master Ninja Mode on NG2.

So I spent $400 on this piece of shit machine just for this turd and, having not even played the game yet, I find out I could've just waited and had it alongside Sigmas 1 and 2 on my PS3? FUCK YOU SHITWATA, FUCK YOU HAYASHIT, FUCK EVERYTHING

lol

So should I expect a Bayonetta Sigma 2 in the near future for PS3 and 360 (or PS4 and 720)?
We know for sure that Nintendo is putting their money up for this one. Unless Platinum Games rebuilds the game on Sega's dime (which probably won't happen). I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Top Bottom