• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge confirmed for PS3,Xbox 360

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Has anyone who played original NG3 and RE have positive thoughts on it? I've been avoiding the whole mess but I'll give it a try if it transformed into something decent.

Absolutely NOT happening, not only is Nintendo funding the game (Platinum credits Nintendo for the game's survival), but Nintendo is publishing this worldwide.

It's not happening, just accept it.

Yep. Bayonetta 2 is just as much of a Nintendo game as Mario or Zelda.

About Rayman Legends...

Ubisoft has gone on the record having said that they've considered for other platforms. But I don't see it coming on other platforms for the same reason that I don't see ZombiU getting ported over...it just seems like Ubisoft genuinely wants to keep the game tailored to the Wii U's unique capabilities.

Well, that and Nintendo is publishing Rayman Legends in Japan.

Give us a PC port with a challenge mode where you can select any combination of enemies from the previous NG games in a battle arena, and I will buy it.

Otherwise, take your mentally retarded T-Rexs and generic enemy designs, elsewhere. You can polish this turd of a game all you want - still going to be a turd.

JordanN

Banned
I used to love this franchise...
NgDXFQL.jpg

Takao

Banned
As if Nintendo publishing a game in Japan means something. Nintendo published Goldeneye Wii in Japan. Ported to PS360 that same year.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
It won't surprise me if Nintendo does something like what they did with Fatal Frame 4 and acquire the sole publishing rights to Bayonetta 2.

Nintendo acquired the Fatal Frame series though.

Is Ninja Gaiden 1 the only NG game that Team Ninja shipped that was complete?

And we complained about it being delayed ~2 years. Looks like they need to delay all their NG games by 2 years.

rvy

Banned
Will you make the fucking framerate run at 60 with no drops already, how hard can it be? I'll give you my money. Just do it. I don't know what a stable framerate, that doesn't detract from the original game design, is since NG: BLACK.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm confused by the exclusivity here. When Nintendo publishes a 3rd party game (and not necessarily owns it), most of the time it gets ported to another console with a different name right (with the exception of a few titles like DQ)? Isn't this the same case with Microsoft (Ninja Gaiden 2 -> Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2)?

Ridley327

Hopefully this will teach Nintendo to stay away from Temco Koei. They ain't what they used to be.
It's easy to fault them just for how Team Ninja has treated NG since Itagaki's departure, but consider this:

-Nintendo platforms now receive a good chunk of the Musou games, including a couple of exclusive 3DS installments
-Nintendo helped revive Fatal Frame, which was certainly of the biggest surprises of any of their third party collaborations
-Team Ninja gave them a super-solid 3DS launch window title in DOA:D
-Nintendo also got Team Ninja as a solid workhorse for developing Metroid: Other M, even as many of the game's problems were on Nintendo's end

"Losing" Razor's Edge is hardly grounds for severing ties.

Ridley327

I'm confused by the exclusivity here. When Nintendo publishes something (and not necessarily owns it), most of the time it gets ported to another console with a different name right? Isn't this the same case with Microsoft (Ninja Gaiden 2 -> Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2)?
Samurai Warriors 3 lost an entire campaign mode when it jumped to the PS3, although that had a lot to do with it being based on one of Nintendo's IPs.

It's easy to fault them just for how Team Ninja has treated NG since Itagaki's departure, but consider this:

-Nintendo platforms now receive a good chunk of the Musou games, including a couple of exclusive 3DS installments
-Nintendo helped revive Fatal Frame, which was certainly of the biggest surprises of any of their third party collaborations
-Team Ninja gave them a super-solid launch window title in DOA:D
-Nintendo also got Team Ninja as a solid workhorse for developing Metroid: Other M, even as many of the game's problems were on Nintendo's end

Don't forget Pokemon Conquest.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
And Ninja Gaiden Black was the only re-release done right.

Well, to be fair, Sigma 2 fixed Itagaki's out-the-door rush job of NG2.
But NG2 isn't on the level of NG1/Black. Hohohohohoho.

I'm confused by the exclusivity here. When Nintendo publishes something (and not necessarily owns it), most of the time it gets ported to another console with a different name right? Isn't this the same case with Microsoft (Ninja Gaiden 2 -> Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2)?

When Nintendo publishes something in a territory, it stays exclusive to Nintendo consoles in that territory. Examples: Just Dance stayed exclusive to the Wii in Japan (published by Nintendo), Goldeneye 007 stayed exclusive to the Wii in Japan (published by Nintendo), and Samurai Warriors 3 stayed exclusive to the Wii in Europe and America (published by Nintendo).

Nintendo published Razor's Edge in America and Europe...so this is Japanese-only.

-Team Ninja gave them a super-solid 3DS launch window title in DOA:D

I think DOA5+U would mend my hurt feelings
If I had any feelings about this... Bayo2 will be the one to rage about lol

I like the Tecmo Koei Nintendo support just fine.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Nintendo published Razor's Edge in America and Europe...so this is Japanese-only.

Unless the PS3 version gets region locked like P4U: Keep telling yourself that. I'm sure Tecmo would put an English option in the PS3 version to get around Nintendo's exclusivity to importers easy.

Unless the PS3 version gets region locked like P4U: Keep telling yourself that. I'm sure Tecmo would put an English option in the PS3 version to get around Nintendo's exclusivity to importers easy.

to be honest, its pretty pointless not to.

The game hasn't changed dialogue wise. Those who are playing this game are going to for the story which hasn't changed from vanilla NG3

for every good thing Sigma 2 does, it takes a step back back to 6/10 land

-They'll fix the framerate, but that also means we're getting rid of all the blood and body parts
-We'll do Team Missions, but we'll get rid of the Tests of Valor and Karma Scoring for whatever reason.
-Infinite arrow ammo! Say goodbye to that Incinerdary/Windmill Shuriken
-Apparently, NG2 just wasn't linear enough, despite not having any hub areas like Tairon or the Aqueducts in the game or any Scarabs to find, so let's just get rid of all the keys and shit, too
-Shitty twin dragon/underground worm boss removed, shitty Buddha/Statue of Liberty fights added
-You know how you could hold on to Life of the Gods/Thousand Gods/Spirit of the devil to get a full bar when you need it? Fuck that, you use them immediately now.
-The Shop system is now ass, and you will have an abundance of essence throughout the game cuz I don't want any more fuckin' healing potions. You're welcome
-If the normal super linear levels of just constant, increasingly repetitive combat wasn't enough, don't worry, we threw in some extra female missions with momiji, ayane, and Rachel's one-dimensional ass.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I thought this would happen. Nintendo did not take over as publisher for this game so Tecmo is still free to do what they want with it.

But it's the exact same arrangement, Tecmo published NG2 in Japan and Koei Tecmo is publishing this in Japan. It's not a deal to take over as the publisher, unlike Bayonetta 2. This could end up on other platforms as a "Sigma" edition or something quite easily.

Though I'm surprised they're keeping the name since this can't be for Japan only, maybe they'll change it for the worldwide release.

for every good thing Sigma 2 does, it takes a step back back to 6/10 land

-They'll fix the framerate, but that also means we're getting rid of all the blood and body parts
-We'll do Team Missions, but we'll get rid of the Tests of Valor and Karma Scoring for whatever reason.
-Infinite arrow ammo! Say goodbye to that Incinerdary/Windmill Shuriken
-Apparently, NG2 just wasn't linear enough, despite not having any hub areas like Tairon or the Aqueducts in the game or any Scarabs to find, so let's just get rid of all the keys and shit, too
-Shitty twin dragon/underground worm boss removed, shitty Buddha/Statue of Liberty fights added
-You know how you could hold on to Life of the Gods/Thousand Gods/Spirit of the devil to get a full bar when you need it? Fuck that, you use them immediately now.
-The Shop system is now ass, and you will have an abundance of essence throughout the game cuz I don't want any more fuckin' healing potions. You're welcome
-If the normal super linear levels of just constant, increasingly repetitive combat wasn't enough, don't worry, we threw in some extra female missions with momiji, ayane, and Rachel's one-dimensional ass.

B-B-B-B-But Sigma 2 fixed NG2

yeah, in the same way chopping your penis off will fix a bladder infection.

Top Bottom